moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
So Wigan will play Hull FC in the Challenge Cup Final which will be held on Bank Holiday Saturday 26th August at Wembley Stadium.

...following our pleasing dispatching of Salford, Todd Carney and Manu Vatuvei and all, yesterday.

Tickets already bought! :D

So Wigan will play Hull FC in the Challenge Cup Final which will be held on Bank Holiday Saturday 26th August at Wembley Stadium.

...following our pleasing dispatching of Salford, Todd Carney and Manu Vatuvei and all, yesterday.

Tickets already bought! :D

Wigan can no longer count on Hull's Wembley curse after last year;)

What the hell is this Super 8 thing you do over there? I tried reading up on it and just got more confused than what I was at the start.
Super league has 12 teams
League 1 or Kingstone Championship has 12 teams
add those together make 24 teams
They play home and away with in every team of their league for the first part of the season.
then it split into 3 group of 8 teams (First 8 team which is called Super 8's season. The bottom 4 teams compete with top 4 teams which is called qualifiers section and then the rest compete in the championship shield)
They all play each other once.

Super 8 (1-8th in Super League)
Results brought forward from the Regular season.
Top 4 advance to a Semi-Final(1 v4 and 2 v 3) and Final
5th-8th Season Done after 7 games

Qualifers (9th -12th in SL and top 4 in Championship) 7 games- play each other once
Results are not brought forward because of the two different leagues
Top 3 either stay in SL or Gain Promotion from Championship to Super League
4th vs 5th play again for the Million Dollar Game for the final position in the Super League. Loser Relegated, Winner Stays up
Bottom 3 are Relegated to Championship.

Championship Shield (bottom 8 in Championship) 7 Game, Play each other once
Previous results brought forward
Top 4 compete in a Semi final and final like Super 8's
5th and 6th stayed in Championship for next year
Bottom 2 are relegated to League one.

This system is simalar to the system used in the Scottish Premier League where they had(Not sure if they still have) where they have split the after 33 games and then top 6 and bottom 6 play each other once and top of the top 6 are CHampions of the league while the bottom 6. The bottom is relagated where the 2nd bottom team plays in play off in 2nd in Championship.

Hope that make sense and Sorry it is in the challenge Cup thread.

I hope Wigan wins for good ol Lancashire however I am not to fuss who wins.

Wigan can no longer count on Hull's Wembley curse after last year;)

Wigan fans are counting on nothing; my previous optimism after beating Salford was before the last couple of dismal displays, and it will take a massive improvement or Hull will dispatch us as easily as Leeds did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back