Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Because not every team starts their season in August.
upload_2016-6-30_13-23-23.png

Flora Tallinn won 2-1 over Lincoln (Funny that that Gibraltar team is far more successful than the English team) The winner of this match plays Celtic... so draw a line there.

The Saints also have a 2-1 lead over Tre Penne. The winner here plays APOEL, who were the sole reason why Cyprus' coeffieient was so high back then, they actually got two teams to represent Cyprus in the CL (which was 15th... they're currently 18th, higher than Scotland!)

Valletta are 1-0 up against Torshavn. Winner plays Red Star Belgrade... which were Leicester's nemesis along with Atletico back in the days where Leicester went to Europe. Also a very tough team to play against.

And it's 0-0 between Santa Coloma and Alashkert. Winner plays Dinamo Tbilisi of Georgia, which, let's be honest, is far and away the easiest of the teams these first round qualifiers will have to play.

Naturally, I don't expect this thread to really take off until later on, but we need to recognise the competition in progress.

Have at it!

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-30_12-59-27.png
    upload_2016-6-30_12-59-27.png
    5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Come on Tre Penne.
Theyd probably be favourite against any other Welsh (football league) team

As much as Lincoln winning would be nice, cant see that

Wouldn't mind a Torshavn comeback either.

The other one I don't really care aboue though.

Come on Tre Penne.
Theyd probably be favourite against any other Welsh (football league) team

As much as Lincoln winning would be nice, cant see that

Wouldn't mind a Torshavn comeback either.

The other one I don't really care aboue though.

Alas, Tre Penne couldn't get it done...
upload_2016-7-7_12-47-35.png

The Conference Side have won the day with a stunning 2-0 win at home. Look out Leicester, you don't want to be the only East Midlands team to not win a game in the CL, right?

On to the Second Qualifying Round, and we get to see some familiar names.

upload_2016-7-7_12-49-52.png

Yep, Qarabag, Astana, and APOEL all there from last year. Oh look, Celtic is there too.

Once we get to the third qualifying round, we're going to see a split as we have the Champions Route (actually the easier route, since you will get Champions of the smaller leagues), and the League Route (Hi Monaco, who will you crush with your wallet this time around?)

Either way, we're starting to warm up now, especially with the Euros done by the 10th.

Can see why fans are putting together crowd funding to get rid of Ambrose from Celtic. What a shambles. Then again Strachan got beat by some Slovakian team 5-0 or so in his first game in 2005.

Alas, Tre Penne couldn't get it done...
View attachment 263784

The Conference Side have won the day with a stunning 2-0 win at home. Look out Leicester, you don't want to be the only East Midlands team to not win a game in the CL, right?

On to the Second Qualifying Round, and we get to see some familiar names.

View attachment 263785

Yep, Qarabag, Astana, and APOEL all there from last year. Oh look, Celtic is there too.

Once we get to the third qualifying round, we're going to see a split as we have the Champions Route (actually the easier route, since you will get Champions of the smaller leagues), and the League Route (Hi Monaco, who will you crush with your wallet this time around?)

Either way, we're starting to warm up now, especially with the Euros done by the 10th.
Got the full results of the 1st legs mate?

Such embarrassment. Every year we complain there is no automatic qualification for the Scottish League and then they produce this s**t.

13631683_1000820816700046_1831242491838058032_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such embarrassment. Every year we complain there is no automatic qualification for the Scottish League and then they produce this s**t.

13631683_1000820816700046_1831242491838058032_n.jpg

That's some awful photoshopping.

The guy that scored is a cop, is he bad lieutenant? Rebus has coached for decades and there is no metal detecting society.

Had to look through a bit deeper when I saw they beat Manchester United 6-2.

Ah, I see you have met Manchester 62. They actually were given permission to used the United name by Sir Busby himself, and have won it with pride since.

This is the only time you'll see Lincoln be considered better than Man United!

Here's a fun fact: As part of the British Overseas Territories, Gibraltiarns can represent the The Three Lions. Heck, look at all the proud representitives: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_Gibraltar_F.C.

Well, the Brodge's big Celtic debut was spectacular...ly bad.

1-0 loss to the Lincoln tribute... shame.

Scottish football is just hitting new lows.
I'm sure they showed great character though :rainbow:

So is this "character" stuff from when Rodgers was at Swansea, or is it a catchphrase of an impersonator or something?

"Showing character" is just one of those buzz terms all managers use. I've even heard Klopp use it once or twice.

I think the reason it gets attributed to Rodgers is because he would sometimes say it after games where we clearly didn't show "great character".

It's not too dissimilar to him saying the Celtic result wasn't embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back