Champion's Return through the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Nathan Buckley has come back today via the VFL after 11 months out.

He has played 3 and a half qtrs, having 5-6 minute rests each qtr.
Finished the match with 28 possessions and 4 goals from the middle.

He kicked 3 of his 4 goals on the run from outside 50, one was a set shot from 50 out. This old man has still got it.

Can't wait to see you back in Magpie colours next week you champion, hope he pulls up well tomorrow morning.

Nathan Buckley has come back today via the VFL after 11 months out.

He has played 3 and a half qtrs, having 5-6 minute rests each qtr.
Finished the match with 28 possessions and 4 goals from the middle.

He kicked 3 of his 4 goals on the run from outside 50, one was a set shot from 50 out. This old man has still got it.

Can't wait to see you back in Magpie colours next week you champion, hope he pulls up well tomorrow morning.

OUTSTANDING.

Wouldn't have expected anything less.

On a side note, Buckley isn't exactly a giant in the AFL, but he sure made the VFL players look like dwarves!

From memory Gary Sr played a reserves game in Rd 11 1991 in the week he announced his return from a surprise retirement. Probably the most attended reserves game ever. He played seniors in Rd 12 1991 and played just a single reserves match hence. Rd 1 1997, his last game in the hooped jumper in which he injured his knee. Hope Bucks gets back, he has worked hard to get fit and has been a champion player for almost 15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MJ had 38 possesions in the vfl last week that means he's better than bucks by your logic. Or should i call it Nuff Nuff logic.

i heard dwayne pipe say he had 38 on fox, but i was there last week and no way did he have 38...30 maybe but he just cruised around on the wing against an 18yr old midget who couldn't even fit his arms around him

MJ had 38 possesions in the vfl last week that means he's better than bucks by your logic. Or should i call it Nuff Nuff logic.

Similarly Tredders booted 7 for Port Magpies vs. Norwood in the SANFL but still took a good 6-8 weeks to really come good.

Great to see Bucks has got through his first hit-out unscathed, but the step-up is enormous.

Well done, bucks. The game is better when you're out on the field. Hope to see you rip it up in the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back