Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
The only player I’ll disagree with is Jeremy Sharp.

Not sure who I would put in instead. Will Day or Trent Bianco.

nah Jeremy Sharp was good in all the games, got some unjust criticism on here imo, the kid will be alright.

probably had one of his better games in the pressured final game of the series, that speaks to his character imo, this after they threatened to drop him.

Freezin

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2007
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
East Freo
Unlucky for Pasini and Ruscoe....think Sharp was lucky....not undeserving in talent, just thought a few other WA boys(atleast) were more deserving on what I saw of the WA games

BigDance

Cancelled
Jul 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
nah Jeremy Sharp was good in all the games, got some unjust criticism on here imo, the kid will be alright.

probably had one of his better games in the pressured final game of the series, that speaks to his character imo, this after they threatened to drop him.
Not sure how the criticism on here could be unjust if the selectors also saw what some on here were seeing as they threatened to drop him. I think he is bloody lucky to be in the AA side. Seeing him in person at a couple of games now I feel he is arrogant and he is playing footy the same way. He used to be a hard worker but I wouldn’t use those words about him now. He should be counting his lucky stars.

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I certainly would have gone with Finlay ahead of DeKoning, Hilder too. Just as good defensively, but I feel more influential offensively. But I wouldn't say it's a bad selection either.

Same mate, I think having his brother on an AFL list and what he did in the "final" was what got him over the line. Still, place Finlay or Hilder into the squad and I also don't bat an eyelid.

Some really nice defenders this years draft pool.

Talls - Pasini, Finlay, Hilder, DeKoning, McAsey
Medium talls - Ash, Kemp, Young, Gould, Ruscoe, Rivers, Day

I wish there were some key forwards that you could judge them on a little better.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Same mate, I think having his brother on an AFL list and what he did in the "final" was what got him over the line. Still, place Finlay or Hilder into the squad and I also don't bat an eyelid.

Some really nice defenders this years draft pool.

Talls - Pasini, Finlay, Hilder, DeKoning, McAsey
Medium talls - Ash, Kemp, Young, Gould, Ruscoe, Rivers, Day

I wish there were some key forwards that you could judge them on a little better.

one thing i noticed when i was at the VC V SA game in Geelong was that the huddles were huge for midfielders and defenders and then there was a huddle with about 6 people in it compared to the others huddles with over 15 people and guess what the huddle with 6 people in it was? the forwards, it seems the teams stacked defence and midfield, maybe its modern football or the lack of forwards in this draft or both.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
one thing i noticed when i was at the VC V SA game in Geelong was that the huddles were huge for midfielders and defenders and then there was a huddle with about 6 people in it compared to the others huddles with over 15 people and guess what the huddle with 6 people in it was? the forwards, it seems the teams stacked defence and midfield, maybe its modern football or the lack of forwards in this draft or both.
Lack of KPF's in this draft is pretty clear.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I personally think Jones has a lot to like, you may regret this statement with this kid.

I never said he hasn't shown any potential....But pick 25 for what he's delivered thus far?.....Um, er…..No.

Even Jeka has shown more....It's just a pity the lad can't kick straight.

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
I never said he hasn't shown any potential....But pick 25 for what he's delivered thus far?.....Um, er…..No.

Well considering he did not put Rivers in his top 25, you can have higher output players in the 25.

While his output may be lowish, his potential is very high, so I never mind having those sort of players in a top 25 at the lower end.

I mean Bianco, I think was also missing and he is a highish output player with good skills.

Dede

Senior List
May 10, 2019
Sandy
AFL Club
St Kilda

Jeka missed a 15m kick yesterday from full back by 20m.. the guy is deadset non afl quailty imo..

Back