Chance of making the 8 sold, for pocket change.

I know I shouldn't post while I'm this upset, but when we sold these games, I said they weren't going to make much money.

Deduct the costs of flying up there, 40K at the G, + the increased sponsorship and members we would have got from making the 8, or even running it close, from 500K and there wouldn't be much left that that we actually gained from this act.

The club aspired to 3-0-75....3 finals, and to make that, we needed to make it this year. Of course it was going to be close, but instead of giving the team every chance, they game away what even the opposition coach said in the press was a 5 goal advantage.

I'm gutted, and I'm going to sleep on this, but if the club puts money ahead of results, then I'm thinking of telling them they can't have any of mine any more and walking away.

I know we're heading up, but I'd rather support a club that struggles than one than a soulless money machine that sacrifices results for profits.

Turmoil

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2006
?
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers Storm Jazz Steelers
Was thinking the AFL would also look after us with the draw by doing this. But that clearly didn't happen this year, maybe next...

The full package

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Was thinking the AFL would also look after us with the draw by doing this. But that clearly didn't happen this year, maybe next...
What do you mean???

Surely your not suggesting the AFL can give some teams better draws than others all based off $$$$:eek:

Harmichael

Premiership Player
Suspended
Apr 21, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Whoever's playing Carlton.
Excuses, excuses. We should've been able to beat a team of kids in their first two seasons anywhere, anytime.:thumbsdown:

deliberate!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2003
In Bake Jatchelor's shadow
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Absolute morons at the club!! Maybe the so called 'brains trust' at our club can BUY A FINALS GAME, because those decision makers at the club are more interested in a football club having fresh rooms, extra staff and a pretty logo instead OF REALIZING that making FINALS is the first priority....AND ALL ELSE flows from this.

To the peanuts who run our club, do the equation....Would Richmond be financially better off if we MADE THE FINALS TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS IN A ROW or ARE WE BETTER OFF FROM SELLING THESE GAMES AS IN THE PAST TWO YEARS, AND NOT MAKING THE FINALS? :rolleyes: :mad:

Benny Gale and his band of Merry Men pee me off.
Benny wants more and more supporters and must surely want increased merchandise sales and new interested sponsors.
WELL MAKE THE FINALS FIRST YOU GOOSES. DO IT NOW.
AND STOP SELLING OUR ONCE PRIZED ADVANTAGE AT GETTING THERE = HOME GAMES!!

FREAKIN AMATEURS.
Makes me sick. I could run this club better than these guys who have taken their eyes of the prize and who would rather count new coins than new Premierships.

I'm sick of excuses. Richmond's turned it into an art form.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
It was a three year deal, so one more year to go. I really feel for the fans who have shelled out (some probably twice) to go up there and watch that farce.

As for the $ v finals, I think it's a bit chicken or the egg. More dollars will guarantee more finals, but more finals guarantees more dollars. It was probably the right decision at the time, but I am sure if we could've removed ourselves from the contract after last year's performance we would have. Last year it didn't really cost us (apart from respect) and I was happy to accept that we were still developing, but this year, well, no excuse.

deliberate!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It was a three year deal, so one more year to go. I really feel for the fans who have shelled out (some probably twice) to go up there and watch that farce.

As for the $ v finals, I think it's a bit chicken or the egg. More dollars will guarantee more finals, but more finals guarantees more dollars. It was probably the right decision at the time, but I am sure if we could've removed ourselves from the contract after last year's performance we would have. Last year it didn't really cost us (apart from respect) and I was happy to accept that we were still developing, but this year, well, no excuse.

Hasn't so far. How much money is needed? :rolleyes:

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Hasn't so far. How much money is needed? :rolleyes:

Well the money needs to be spent first, and then time for it's impact to be felt, before we see the change. Part of the money is being used right now to re-surface the Punt Rd Oval. That means we will be able to have a full pre-season at an AFL sized oval for the 2013 season.

BedrockLP

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees, Jazz, Dolphins
Not angry just so sad that we were in a state where doing this for 3 years seemed like a good idea at the time.

Have to get out of it next year

deliberate!!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Well the money needs to be spent first, and then time for it's impact to be felt, before we see the change. Part of the money is being used right now to re-surface the Punt Rd Oval. That means we will be able to have a full pre-season at an AFL sized oval for the 2013 season.
Sorry, I can't wear that as an excuse.
The Punt Road surface becoming perfect and the flow on won't help us win interstate sold Home Games.
Actually, playing at Home to an interstate team will help us more than Punt Road being in better condition.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry, I can't wear that as an excuse.
The Punt Road surface becoming perfect and the flow on won't help us win interstate sold Home Games.
Actually, playing at Home to an interstate team will help us more than Punt Road being in better condition.

But an improved Punt Rd should help us win against Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn, West Coast etc. And it should help us win against whoever we play interstate.

The whole point of it is not to win against one side, but to win against all sides - anywhere, anytime.

Back