Status
Not open for further replies.

downthecorridor

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was thinking about starting a poll regarding people's thoughts on Ross Lyon and his position as head coach of the Fremantle Football Club. However someone beat me to it!

Maybe if we get enough support the poll may be something mainstream media might get a hold of to effect some change.

I have no vested interests in this topic apart from the fact that I have two young boys who are finding it hard to love this club.

Personally I think Ross Lyon has had a fair go and I think it's time for someone new.

Go Freo.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Absolute rubbish. When you resort to petition, that’s basket case stuff. This is a joke. Surely?
This needs to be deleted.

You don't kick just 2 goals in a derby to lose by 100 odd points and not expect there will be a lot of pissed off people.

I'd be a lot more concerned if this sort of stuff wasn't happening.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
You don't kick just 2 goals in a derby to lose by 100 odd points and not expect there will be a lot of pissed off people.

I'd be a lot more concerned if this sort of stuff wasn't happening.
We’ve been in 1.7. Way worse then before. Petitions though? Really? Come on. Carlton have been through worst then us. Melbourne just came back from losing by 180 points. Honestly.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
So would a Geelong or West coast or Sydney be happy with it? Should we?
Don’t forget Longmire was 0-6 a few years ago. This season 1-6. What you think they did? Should’ve fired him right..
Live in an age where anyone petitions anything. Maybe wait and see what the president does, what they do in the review. There’s KPIs to be met.
Signing a petition to remove a coach? That’s some silly, childish stuff. You’re a supporter. These things happen. Carlton had a tipping point, the management did that. But do we really want to associate ourselves with petitioning a coach to leave? Really? Is that what Fremantle about.. wait for it to play out, the players are just as much to blame. Should we start a petition on them?
I get it, I’ve been a member for 20 years. But no, let’s not scoop this low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
The petition is pretty meaningless as it won’t necessarily capture solely Fremantle supporters.

Having said that, I don’t see the big problem about it. People are passionate and hes had a good run. He’s well paid and has had 3 really bad losses. Might be a slight amount of white anting about it, but not much different to people posting comments online - especially on the Fremantle Facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back