Change The Club Song

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok still dont know why but I'll never like it tbh. Just an annoyance for me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Although I disagree with the OP suggestion, it would be good for the club to eventually have one song (in the same way that we now have one logo). As much as I loved the Magpie roundel and Cheer Cheer the Black and the White, having one logo for the entire club has made sense.

It's also a bit odd for the firsts and seconds team to be singing a different song after a win!

This would require more than just adapting the lyrics of our current AFL club song though.

Although I disagree with the OP suggestion, it would be good for the club to eventually have one song (in the same way that we now have one logo). As much as I loved the Magpie roundel and Cheer Cheer the Black and the White, having one logo for the entire club has made sense.

It's also a bit odd for the firsts and seconds team to be singing a different song after a win!

This would require more than just adapting the lyrics of our current AFL club song though.

Probably going to happen when the AFL reserves league ever gets started and we finally depart the SANFL all together.

Never really been a fan of our song especially the Stop, Stop, Stop till we're Top Top Top verse.
In alignment with the push for the Prison Bars I thought why not change a verse in the club song, something like "The Prison Bars from Port, it's more than a sport, it's the true Port Adelaide tradition."
The only change I would possibly make would be:

We've got the power to win
Throw the Crows in the bin.....

Probably going to happen when the AFL reserves league ever gets started and we finally depart the SANFL all together.
Kochie said we always have a magpies team even if we move to a reserves leauge. Will just run in an sanfl budget

Kochie said we always have a magpies team even if we move to a reserves leauge. Will just run in an sanfl budget

Having a 3rd tier SANFL side won't work. Would rather an AFL reserves side with the Prison Bars at Alberton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never really been a fan of our song especially the Stop, Stop, Stop till we're Top Top Top verse.
In alignment with the push for the Prison Bars I thought why not change a verse in the club song, something like "The Prison Bars from Port, it's more than a sport, it's the true Port Adelaide tradition."

Here:

The song is great, especially with the lyrics in the later verses and the references to Alberton and tradition.

As for the PB’s aspect, the way Black and White is sung lays that out perfectly. silver, teal is sung nicely as a back up colour and BLACK AND WHIIIITE gets its own clause.
Perfect.

I would actually change “stop stop stop ‘til we’re top top top” though. Footy anthems are supposed to be a bit cringey, but that’s dialed up to 11 and I feel like the players get a bit embarrassed singing it as it’s usually flat.

Even if it’s a slight change like “and we will never stop even we we’re top” or “and we will not stop when we reach the top”. Still lame, but can be sung the same way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back