Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

No, the selectors will select who they want regardless of Burgo's view.
Nonsense.
If one of the Selectors started a sentence with "I don't care what Burgess said ..." the others would laugh at him.

Also, you've shifted the subject of what I was talking about, which was resting players.
To my knowledge, Burgess is the fitness guru. He'd know when someone was fit enough to play, or needed a rest.

So Burns reckons Crouch would be the sub, so we continue with the bizarre use of our sub.

Surely you’re not making the sub a player that provides no run and can only play one position?

Just in case some claim hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’m calling this a bad idea now.

Having him as the sub is not a great show of confidence to the starting mids. Feels like a half decision.

That's not how I took it, a direct question was put to him and he said that would be a consideration depending on the weather...i.e. cold, wet and windy.

Rowie: 'Matty Crouch as sub?'
Burns: 'Yeah, more than likely....'

A side note, how upbeat did Burns sound?? Normally he sounds a little short with the media (could just be the times I listen).

Having him as the sub is not a great show of confidence to the starting mids. Feels like a half decision.

Rowie: 'Matty Crouch as sub?'
Burns: 'Yeah, more than likely....'

A side note, how upbeat did Burns sound?? Normally he sounds a little short with the media (could just be the times I listen).
You think he's going to telegraph what our strategy is with the sub knowing Geelong would be all over it?

Midfield will likely be where it's won and lost don't you think?

So Burns reckons Crouch would be the sub, so we continue with the bizarre use of our sub.

Surely you’re not making the sub a player that provides no run and can only play one position?

Just in case some claim hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’m calling this a bad idea now.
We might need an injection of slow in the second half

Nonsense.
If one of the Selectors started a sentence with "I don't care what Burgess said ..." the others would laugh at him.

Also, you've shifted the subject of what I was talking about, which was resting players.
To my knowledge, Burgess is the fitness guru. He'd know when someone was fit enough to play, or needed a rest.

you reckon burgess endorses guys playing injured like Doedee and Keays did last year instead of rehabbing and getting right for a full preseason? Burgess prepares them, the coaches select them based upon whether they reckon the player helps us win more than their replacement. Nothing to do with burgess.

You think he's going to telegraph what our strategy is with the sub knowing Geelong would be all over it?

Midfield will likely be where it's won and lost don't you think?

Doubt there's much subterfuge going on.

Not sure how much value a surprise Ned substitution provides.

you reckon burgess endorses guys playing injured like Doedee and Keays did last year instead of rehabbing and getting right for a full preseason?
I doubt it, but it's totally irelevant to what I was talking about: RESTING PLAYERS.
Burgess prepares them,
OK ...
the coaches select them based upon whether they reckon the player helps us win more than their replacement.
OK, if you wanna believe that every player has a "replacement" but I don't care about that, because I was talking about, well, see above and my last 2 posts.
Nothing to do with burgess.
Nonsense.
Geez you're snarkey tonight. More than usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it’s a midfielder that’s injured he won’t be much help and again as a strategic sub, he can only replace a midfielder.

Do you think he’s a good choice as a sub?
If the weather's cold, wet and windy which is well on the cards why not?

Wouldn't need to do a lot right to be better than Schoenberg last week especially if the conditions suit so yes I don't have a problem with it. Might have been handy to have had someone that could win a hard ball/clearance in the last quarter last week. Pretty obvious the reasons he's travelled are two fold, cover for Laird and the the expected conditions on the day.

That's not how I took it, a direct question was put to him and he said that would be a consideration depending on the weather...i.e. cold, wet and windy.
I would bring Crouch in for these conditions as perfectly suited to him.

We need to be smarter in our player management.

Could go smaller or rest Laird at half back, leaving Milera out or as sub.

GEELONG CATS v ADELAIDE CROWS

Saturday May 6, 2.10pm at GMHBA Stadium

How to watch on Fox Footy: From 2pm on Channel 503, with Leigh Montagna, Kelli Underwood, Nick Dal Santo, Brad Johnson, Cameron Mooney and David Zita.

Even the commentary is going to be rubbish, meanwhile Huddo is calling the 16th vs 18th game.

What's the Collingwood game got to do with what I said? I mentioned the Port game and the Hawks game.

Collingwood game was different to the port game. Port game was pretty even throughout and then we just ran over the top of them in the last. Collingwood game we had in control for most of the game and then just fell apart in the last quarter.
Why are you arguing with a troll?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back