Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

I would bring Crouch in for these conditions as perfectly suited to him.

We need to be smarter in our player management.

Could go smaller or rest Laird at half back, leaving Milera out or as sub.
Jarryd Lyons been handy as the sub in the last quarter for the Lions.

A bit meh.

Can see why he should have been dropped. But the sum of all parts in the defensive side worked.

My concern is that dropping Milera means Dawson goes back there as a mature body.

Although Parnell for Milera is something that needs to be considered.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mileras man did sweet FA last week.. and was dropped last night from Collingwoods team so defensively he was fine... but he needs to be better offensively

For all the money they've thrown at Kardinia Park, you'd think they could have turned it into a decent ground, not an oddly shaped, **** ugly shithole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the money they've thrown at Kardinia Park, you'd think they could have turned it into a decent ground, not an oddly shaped, **** ugly shithole.
That would negate the advantage we have, where opposition sides inordinately kick it out on the full.

I'd prefer the disparaging remarks, and more oppo clangers. A pretty stadium out west hasn't helped their sides succeed in recent times.

That would negate the advantage we have, where opposition sides inordinately kick it out on the full.

I'd prefer the disparaging remarks, and more oppo clangers. A pretty stadium out west hasn't helped their sides succeed in recent times.
Haha.

Feels like we had a better home ground advantage at Footy Park compared to AO. Even teams higher up on the ladder would often struggle there in the windy and often dewy conditions.

Haha.

Feels like we had a better home ground advantage at Footy Park compared to AO. Even teams higher up on the ladder would often struggle there in the windy and often dewy conditions.
Yes, perhaps. Different sides, though, and too many variables to make an accurate determination. Geelong has always found it tough going in Adelaide, save for a couple of years in the late noughties.

I dare say that opposition supporters also struggled with Football Park. The trek to West Lakes wasn't nearly as inviting as a stroll across the Torrens footbridge. AAMI stadium had a Waverley Park vibe to it.

Yes, perhaps. Different sides, though, and too many variables to make an accurate determination. Geelong has always found it tough going in Adelaide, save for a couple of years in the late noughties.

I dare say that opposition supporters also struggled with Football Park. The trek to West Lakes wasn't nearly as inviting as a stroll across the Torrens footbridge. AAMI stadium had a Waverley Park vibe to it.

Yeah you bunch of pricks. Now we have a world class venue within walking distance of the CBD. Damn us to hell!!!

But wait. Nobody wants to live in Hobart.

Oooooooohhhh .......
It's only been a recent phenomenon that players wanted to live in Geelong. For most of the city's history, it was known as a cold, industrial sleepy hollow.

It may take well over a century in the AFL competition for Hobart to shake that reputation, just like Geelong. James Sicily's prophetic words will be long forgotten by then.

It's only been a recent phenomenon that players wanted to live in Geelong. For most of the city's history, it was known as a cold, industrial sleepy hollow.

It may take well over a century in the AFL competition for Hobart to shake that reputation, just like Geelong. James Sicily's prophetic words will be long forgotten by then.

I am aware. I used to say "Why the hell do Geelong have a team, may as well have one in Mt Gambier".

Personally I like less traffic and not stepping outside into a city of 4 million people.

Seriously, how many friends can you have?!

I am aware. I used to say "Why the hell do Geelong have a team, may as well have one in Mt Gambier".

Personally I like less traffic and not stepping outside into a city of 4 million people.

Seriously, how many friends can you have?!
I think Melbourne is up to 5 million now. Alas, if you're like me and don't actually like most human beings, it stands to reason that being around fewer people is actually a good thing.

Pandemics also proved that having more people sucked. Urban sprawl must be curbed; I don't want Geelong to be part of the greater Melbourne metropolis when the next person decides to eat a bat-💩 infected pangolin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back