Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne is up to 5 million now. Alas, if you're like me and don't actually like most human beings, it stands to reason that being around fewer people is actually a good thing.

Pandemics also proved that having more people sucked. Urban sprawl must be curbed; I don't want Geelong to be part of the greater Melbourne metropolis when the next person decides to eat a bat-💩 infected pangolin.

You got me pegged. Am leaving back to hicksville with no traffic lights and double the income.

Should be a cracker in 12 hours!!

I think Melbourne is up to 5 million now. Alas, if you're like me and don't actually like most human beings, it stands to reason that being around fewer people is actually a good thing.

Pandemics also proved that having more people sucked. Urban sprawl must be curbed; I don't want Geelong to be part of the greater Melbourne metropolis when the next person decides to eat a bat-💩 infected pangolin.
You need to build a wall, to keep 'em out.

I doubt it, but it's totally irelevant to what I was talking about: RESTING PLAYERS.

OK ...

OK, if you wanna believe that every player has a "replacement" but I don't care about that, because I was talking about, well, see above and my last 2 posts.

Nonsense.
Geez you're snarkey tonight. More than usual.

resting or playing injured, it's the same thing, burgo isn't on selection panel, if players are deemed fit enough, selectors don't care what Burgo thinks. You implied that Burgo influences selection, playing injured players is relevant because it's evidence contrary to your view. Be it resting or playing injured players, if they're deemed fit enough to play, selectors determine whether they do or don't, burgess is out of the equation.

Those metallic seats, 45 minutes from the city, right next door to a man made "lake" .. it was enough to make a grown Victorian cry.
I never liked Footy Park. It was a soulless, sterile, concrete nightmare; devoid of character.

By contrast, I love AO and may they never turn the Northern end into a grandstand.

Three things are a given in this game:

1) We'll kick it out of bounds on the full multiple times

2) We'll kick it directly to Stewart under no pressure with no Crow near him

3) Hawkins will push his opponent in the back and get away with it, while any push in his back will be called a free

why would you settle for the same 22 when it can be improved upon. Plus dropping players sends a message, we've seen it work.
I think Nick's is very old school in that if a team wins or has a close loss he feels they should be backed in again. It's a completely flawed philosophy as selection should be based on continual improvement. All industries are based on continual improvement otherwise you fall by the wayside. Regardless whether you win by 100points or not why wouldn't you improve your team as the opposition you play the following week may require a stronger team to beat them. I think it all comes down having faith in a squad over only having faith in 23players.

Last edited:
I
why would you settle for the same 22 when it can be improved upon. Plus dropping players sends a message, we've seen it work.
I hink Nick's is very old school in that if a team wins or has a close loss he feels they should be backed in again. It's a completely flawed philosophy as selection should be based on continual improvement. All industries are based on continual improvement otherwise you fall by the wayside. Regardless whether you win by 100points or not why wouldn't you improve your team as the opposition you play the following week may require a stronger team to beat them. Result should not dictate whether someone is performing or not. Ultimately it comes down to whether Nick's has faith in the entire squad or if he only has faith in 23 players. I also think he overrates continuity. He has a tendency to be risk adverse and conservative instead of being bold at times. Sometimes you need to take some calculated risk to find a better way.

Last edited:
This game is massive imo.
If we do win, this game is worth about 3-4 wins for us. If we win today, it’ll give this young team the the belief to beat anyone and anywhere.

Never expect to win over there, we always seem to be competitive for a quarter or two at Kardinia.

Last year, we scored the first 4 scores of the games (3 kicked, one rushed) and then they preceded to kick the first 5 goals (2 in the first and 3 in the second) before Fog scored one 11 minutes into the second quarter. We got to within 8 points halfway thru the third before they kicked away again. Final score 15.7 to 7.13

We need to take our chances, as someone once famously said (and no not Leigh Matthews) “if it can bleed, we can kill it”.

I think Nick's is very old school in that if a team wins or has a close loss he feels they should be backed in again. It's a completely flawed philosophy as selection should be based on continual improvement. All industries are based on continual improvement otherwise you fall by the wayside. Regardless whether you win by 100points or not why wouldn't you improve your team as the opposition you play the following week may require a stronger team to beat them. I think it all comes down having faith in a squad over only having faith in 23players.
ITS NICKS, NOT NICK’S ffs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the discussion was predicated upon cats sending a player to Dawson first. It was you that posted that.
How can they send one to him first if dawson heads straight to dangerfield like i have been advocating?..its then a double team and they will have to shift course unless they in turn send dangerfield to tag laird for example

How can they send one to him first if dawson heads straight to dangerfield like i have been advocating?..its then a double team and they will have to shift course unless they in turn send dangerfield to tag laird for example

So you reckon if their plan is to run someone with Dawson and he goes over to Danger that they'll just shelve their plan? Surely you're not serious. You do not get to choose which opposition player runs with you.

So you reckon if their plan is to run someone with Dawson and he goes over to Danger that they'll just shelve their plan? Surely you're not serious. You do not get to choose which opposition player runs with you.
So dawson heads to cripps and stays with cripps..what could carlton have done in that game to get rid of him?

Anyway i am not changing your opinion on this my friend and you are not changing mine so isuppose we will see how the game rolls and what we do if dawson is tagged or if we send dawson to one of their prime movers🙂

I

I hink Nick's is very old school in that if a team wins or has a close loss he feels they should be backed in again. It's a completely flawed philosophy as selection should be based on continual improvement. All industries are based on continual improvement otherwise you fall by the wayside. Regardless whether you win by 100points or not why wouldn't you improve your team as the opposition you play the following week may require a stronger team to beat them. Result should not dictate whether someone is performing or not. Ultimately it comes down to whether Nick's has faith in the entire squad or if he only has faith in 23 players. I also think he overrates continuity. He has a tendency to be risk adverse and conservative instead of being bold at times. Sometimes you need to take some calculated risk to find a better way.
Why does Nicks have an apostrophe?

I'll join in :sneaky:.
1) "A recent phenomenon"? Yeah, about 12-15 years.

2) Not so much under-handed incentive, as under-the-table.
Not so much jobs-for-the-boys, but for their rellies, right? :winkv1:
Keep peddlin' those conspiracy theories. 😎

You have to ask yourself, though, where exactly Jeremy Cameron would store his many ruminant beings in Western Sydney for which to adorn his GF medal around the necks of? 🐄

Last edited:
The rain started up two hours ago here in Geelong. It's going to be cold, wet, and miserable. Should be a pretty tight game.

Best tell jenny61_99 to make sure her lad packs his thermals, a balaclava, raincoat and rain pants along with 2 pairs of winter socks. Forewarned is forearmed.

You a native of Norlane or Corio?

Geelong

Geelong community named state’s worst-off

A Geelong community has been named Victoria’s disadvantaged, with those on the ground hoping the ranking will trigger investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back