Strategy Changes against the Blues - IN: Viney, TSmith, OUT: Weid, Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys Pedo is not part our next premiership side, accordingly he's not going to get games.

Bookmark it
The quote from Pedo himself earlier this year was "I'm going to treat every game like my last."

Good luck Smith, I don't think Weideman fully embraced his opportunity, so here is your chance.

Really interested in seeing how the midfield goes this round. As bad as Carlton can be, I have always felt they had a high standard in the midfield.

Guys Pedo is not part our next premiership side, accordingly he's not going to get games.

Bookmark it

I doubt Tim Smith would be either, but I do agree with Goodwins policy of rewarding consistent VFL form with senior games regardless of the name or the age. On that basis if Pedo strings together a few top notch VFL games, then I'd expect him to get a shot if a spot opens up.

I’ve disagreed a few times with Tempy Tiger this year but I think he’s actually right on Tyson. I think Dom will be pushed out of the side with Brayshaw really starting to flourish.

I’ve flip flopped - frustrated the s**t out of me last year - also start of this year. Then he had two good games and I admitted I was wrong only for him to return to 2017 Dom

Agree think he is depth now not best 22

On my flight from JFK to LAX yesterday I chatted to the bloke next to me once I woke up - turns out he is from MELBOURNE and lives 500m away from me

BUT then he said he goes for hawthorn with a smirk - do I need to avoid?

Bookmark it
I hope this isn't the philosophy. Not particularly upset that Pedersen hasn't been picked, but he's been a delist candidate since 2014 and has been re-contracted every year. No reason he cant still have another year after this one provided he gets back into the team and shows some form, and we really want to be having a crack at the flag next year if not this year.

I’ve flip flopped - frustrated the s**t out of me last year - also start of this year. Then he had two good games and I admitted I was wrong only for him to return to 2017 Dom

Agree think he is depth now not best 22

On my flight from JFK to LAX yesterday I chatted to the bloke next to me once I woke up - turns out he is from MELBOURNE and lives 500m away from me

BUT then he said he goes for hawthorn with a smirk - do I need to avoid?
I was on a flight from LGA to Toronto and the lad next to me had a bombers scarf. It was a much easier conversation.

And yes. Glass him.

Bookmark it

What a wank statement. At the start of 2015 Murphy Boyd Morris weren't apart of the next dogs premiership team.

At the start of 2017 Houli, Grigg, Townsend etc weren't apart of the tigers next premiership team.

If you keep picking players based on their future out put you will never reach that future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on a flight from LGA to Toronto and the lad next to me had a bombers scarf. It was a much easier conversation.

And yes. Glass him.

Ok got it - Im meeting him for coffee so there will be glasses handy

Thanks for the guidance - I feel like I should just do it straight away - need to make sure they don’t put it in a takeaway cup

Is there a one liner I should deliver once the act is done or just before?

“Cut it out”
“ time to split”
“At least my nose isn’t gushing with blood” the Penguin said that in one of the Batman movies

Ok got it - Im meeting him for coffee so there will be glasses handy

Thanks for the guidance - I feel like I should just do it straight away - need to make sure they don’t put it in a takeaway cup

Is there a one liner I should deliver once the act is done or just before?

“Cut it out”
“ time to split”
“At least my nose isn’t gushing with blood” the Penguin said that in one of the Batman movies

Try "cut the s**t"

I still feel Pedo would offer us more than Weid ATM. BUT, with Gawn, Hogan and TMac playing great footy, it's a great time to be pumping games into Weideman. I feel there is no issue with commitment from Weid. He puts in. Contests in the air and can bring the ball to ground. Puts decent pressure on for a big bloke and is an accurate kick for goal when he gets a chance. But he obviously needs to get more of the ball and have more scoring opportunities. This can only come with experience at the top level. And tbh, we've been going ok since he came into the side. So team balance is also important. It's a shame he's out injured this week..

I still feel Pedo would offer us more than Weid ATM. BUT, with Gawn, Hogan and TMac playing great footy, it's a great time to be pumping games into Weideman. I feel there is no issue with commitment from Weid. He puts in. Contests in the air and can bring the ball to ground. Puts decent pressure on for a big bloke and is an accurate kick for goal when he gets a chance. But he obviously needs to get more of the ball and have more scoring opportunities. This can only come with experience at the top level. And tbh, we've been going ok since he came into the side. So team balance is also important. It's a shame he's out injured this week..
If Tim Smith plays with confidence he will provide a match up head ache for Carlton, he is a great contested mark, but if you put a big on him he is just as good at ground level, is as good as Hannan at getting the ball onto the boot quickly and knows where the goals are... also a great tackler

If Tim Smith plays with confidence he will provide a match up head ache for Carlton, he is a great contested mark, but if you put a big on him he is just as good at ground level, is as good as Hannan at getting the ball onto the boot quickly and knows where the goals are... also a great tackler
Only proven at VFL level though. He will look a lot different at AFL level. I like him though and hope he goes well. Not sure whether he has the wheels needed at senior level but hopefully he will be able to compensate with his strength, aggression and contested marking.

Bookmark it

I keep changing my mind on this, but I am starting to think that if we keep this policy our next premiership will be in 30 years. We are now at the point where we should be aiming for the premiership every single year, including this year, so the only thoughts at selection time should be what is our best 22 this week.

Only proven at VFL level though. He will look a lot different at AFL level. I like him though and hope he goes well. Not sure whether he has the wheels needed at senior level but hopefully he will be able to compensate with his strength, aggression and contested marking.
He's had 2 games at AFL level, first he was forced into the ruck after HT and second he was hospitalized. We don't know what he offers yet really.

Ideally giving blokes a run in the seniors makes more sense now in this run of games than at the pointy end of the season . We already know what Pederson brings . I also think Weiderman needs another season or 2 in the gym . Happy to have a look at Smith

after all that Charlie Curnow is out with a tight quad.

Despite us doing pretty well against you blokes last few years, you really should put us away by at LEAST 30 points this week.

Main factors being you are 2 years ahead of us in terms of rebuild, you're in good form and by my count basically have a full list to choose from with no real injury concerns?

By my count we have up to 9 missing from our best 22...which is heaps and too much for a list with lots of young players like ours to handle. We're not Adelaide who are winning despite heaps of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back