Status
Not open for further replies.

Squizz89

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well it’s the day after the night that was. I guess with no one starting next weeks preview thread none of us really want to think about playing another game just yet but Thursday will be here again before we know it!

In: Zorko Bailey Prior
Out: Lyons, Tunstill, Terry

Well it’s the day after the night that was. I guess with no one starting next weeks preview thread none of us really want to think about playing another game just yet but Thursday will be here again before we know it!

In: Zorko Bailey Prior
Out: Lyons, Tunstill, Terry
I'd probably go with much the same.

I also think we have to move on from Mitch and go to Ah Chee. I just dont think he can keep up any more. But I also think we under use our wings a lot. So there was a lot of "wasted" effort by him and Berry.

I also keep questioning Answerth's spot. I think he is too much of a liability by foot - Melbourne exploited him and Adams and their bad ball use. Not sure if Wilmot is ready but think we need to keep looking for another option.

I also think we have to move on from Mitch and go to Ah Chee. I just dont think he can keep up any more. But I also think we under use our wings a lot. So there was a lot of "wasted" effort by him and Berry.

I also keep questioning Answerth's spot. I think he is too much of a liability by foot - Melbourne exploited him and Adams and their bad ball use. Not sure if Wilmot is ready but think we need to keep looking for another option.
Yeah on second thoughts my preference would be Mitch goes out for Prior and keep Terry in and actually give him a go on ball but we know he gets set up to fail up forward every time he gets a run so that won’t happen.

onwards and upwards i suppose, this is the matchup that ended us last season, one in which i honestly thought we were a 2-3 goal better team but didnt capitalize as well as the dogs did

think tunstill should get at least get 2 games - not a fan of bringing a debutant in for 1 then dropping them straight away even though he was almost invisible against melbourne. see how he goes when the rest of the team (hopefully) dont implode

the hit to JL's ribs looked pretty nasty on video review. give him a week off and see what the midfield mix looks like without him.

out - robbo, t berry, lyons
in - prior, bailey, zorko

i dont know why prior isnt getting games, looked pretty good in all his matches this year - think he can make the wing his own this year. robbo has been a great servant but fages needs to make the hard call - hes not best 22 anymore

aside: very happy i wont be seeing smith and the commentators frothing over that stupid ice in the veins celebration this time

I d like to see Zac, Dayne and Lester for startes as ins - get the experience back. Ah Chee and Prior also should be playing - thats 5 and possiblyRhys.

I think out should be Lyons (injured - form - dropped doesnt matter), Terry, Tunstill (harsh on the young man but hes not ready for a Dogs team), Robinson (love him to bits tho) and Answerth (that blond kid for Dogs will give him a bath).

Was Rich injured in the end or ok?

Wilmot is not ready. He still has a lot to work on with his decision making.

Team against the Dogs - What do you think. Need changes.

B: Ah Chee. Andrews. Adams.

HB: Rich. Payne. Coleman.

C: McCluggage. Bailey. Berry.

HF: Starcevich. McStay. Cameron.

F: Prior. Daniher. Hipwood.

R: Oscar. Neale. Rayner.

Bench from: Dev Rob: Matho: McCarthy: Answerth:

Med Sub: Fort.

Managed: Lyons. Out: Robbo, Tunstill, Berry(J). Injured: Zorko, Gardiner.

I would give Matho a run this coming week. The boy has earn't it. He cannot be any worse to what happened against Melbourne.

Also give Starcevich a go through the centre - I see he is a quick runner - Lets see?

Need to change it up a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i not mind trying Terry for a game in the middle just to see Dogs quick so to Tom.
I think we need a change or mids. Charlie, Bailey and Linc not worked out
Rayner good although seems to play 40% in mid.
Cannot just go back to Zorko/Lyon/Clugga and wait for Neale to be tagged
Rather Zorko HF or HB
Play Clugga on the wing where he has more space with J Berry and Prior/Ah Chee wing.
Robbo time up sorry

So I Give Tunstill another game which means Dev Rob again :(
out M Robbo, Lyons, Dev Rob.
in Zorko, Prior/AhChee and Bailey
Like to try even though form not great Cockatoo again has the body.. Although we stacked in forward line
Bailey needs to be 80% forward.. With Linc and Charlie.. add Rayner/Zorko we have too may

Be also interested try Starc in the mid and Ah Chee can have his spot down back.
We played last year with one lock down defender
Or is Answerth time up.. by foot him, Adams, Andrews and Payne a real worry.
Honestly at the ground seemed the game plan make Rich or Kiddy kick to one of our other backs then make them kick it.
As a lot of the time gave them another inside 50

Wilmot is not ready. He still has a lot to work on with his decision making.

Not against trying him in the seniors given they're a much better team and can coach him on the field. I think it's worth asking the question and seeing how he goes.

I also feel Harry Sharp is in the same boat - might be worth getting him on Mitch's wing and seeing how he handles it after some stronger VFL form.

I just don’t see how Lester improves our back 6. We need some more pace in the mix.
Lester at least has a clue on where to position himself and how to not get sucked in to a contest, leaving space unguarded. But if we really want more pace, there's always Madden.

Lester at least has a clue on where to position himself and how to not get sucked in to a contest, leaving space unguarded. But if we really want more pace, there's always Madden.
Yeah I get that, sure that is at the expense of Payne though…. I personally thought he was great though. Mostly anyway!

Starcevich he’s clearly our most reliable player hardly ever gets beat it’s a waste of talent down back should be straight in the midfield but Fagan doesn’t make any changes
since hipwood coming back In the swap with Fort we’ve lost three games enough said
Barry should be a permanent tagger every time we play a decent midfield we get smashed Devon Robertson doze great things in his first two games back at them drops off Matheson is clearly 30% better than any player in the twos and can’t get a game it’s ridiculous a definite bias against him
I haven’t seen Tom berry play a decent game at AFL level and if Archee is in our best side we’re in trouble

Keep hearing about Starce being thrown into the middle and I too wouldn’t mind seeing how that would go.

It doesn’t however sound like a move this coaching staff would make mid season and is something that will have to wait till preseason I suspect (if at all), which I can understand also.

Keep hearing about Starce being thrown into the middle and I too wouldn’t mind seeing how that would go.

It doesn’t however sound like a move this coaching staff would make mid season and is something that will have to wait till preseason I suspect (if at all), which I can understand also.
Fagan has mentioned in the past that this coming preseason will see Starce potentially make that move. He was on the verge of the AA squad last year and Fagan said he was just too valuable back there at the present

Fagan has mentioned in the past that this coming preseason will see Starce potentially make that move. He was on the verge of the AA squad last year and Fagan said he was just too valuable back there at the present

No time like now to change things up. We can't win against Melbourne the way we are. So roll the dice, change the team layout and spend ten games trying to get it to click.

If it doesn't, we have lost nothing - we cannot win a premiership with this set up. Winning a lower final isn't a goal to aim for.

And at least say we had a decent crack, and we have learnings (I hate that non word) that we can use for next year's campaign.

If it does, we can laugh ourselves stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back