Unofficial Preview Changes and Discussion - Grand Final Edition v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmo has to put Gov through some rigorous training tomorrow. Get someone to give him some hits to both the ribs and hips because Collingwood will be targeting them anyway and we can't afford them to fail during the game.

If he doesn't look right he can't play. You can't just take his word that he'll be OK.

For a guy supposedly in doubt to getup for the GF Gov sure hasn't looked the part. Everything I have seen of him in footage he seems to be his usual self.
A few panic merchants here. He is good to go.

I just mean really test out the hip... and I don't think his ribs are injured but Collingwood will be going for them anyway.

If he isn't quite right do you expect him to say so?
Nope

I wouldn’t.

We’ll know about 4pm tomorrow how bad he is actually is.

The hysteria over Gov is only present because of the Dusty situation last week. Lots of players have gone into grand finals with knocks and niggles and managed to get through the game well enough. Didn't Daniel Kerr played with a broken bone in his foot in '06?!

That said, imagine that if Gov doesn't get over the line tomorrow...

Firstly, for Gov, the pure disappointment of missing out at the last minute due to injury. Secondly, Oscar Allen, come on down for game no. 3 on GF day! :eek:

Gov is the master of the rope-a-dope, he looks like he is struggling with an injury pretty much every game and then as soon as the ball is in the area ******* BOOM he is all over it. I hope the Pies are preoccupied with 'testing' out Gov, he won't be found wanting.

Gov is the master of the rope-a-dope, he looks like he is struggling with an injury pretty much every game and then as soon as the ball is in the area ******* BOOM he is all over it. I hope the Pies are preoccupied with 'testing' out Gov, he won't be found wanting.
Man Gov always looks injured he needs to get through 4 quarters and thats it

Jeremy McGovern is cooked. No chance.

Jeremy McLovin on the other hand...

View attachment 565192
Hopefully none of this.

CoolBaggyDartfrog-size_restricted.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ducks n' drakes methinks..
Regardless of Gov's love-handles problem, the Pies will work him over...
He's like a big bag of wheat, you can pummel him all over and he'll still stand up straight?
(here's hoping)
If he misses (unlikely), who steps in...?

We all want Gov to play if fit, naturally.

That said, we should all be livid if the following scenario plays out: he plays, clearly isnt right, we lose, and the club trots out "oh btw, he DID have broken ribs after all. Whoops"

Last week with Dusty should show that you cant carry passengers in finals irrespective of how good they are, and if you elect to play them and lose, you absolutely deserve both barrels of fierce criticism that will be leveled at you.

Lets hope Mcgovern is sincerly right to go, we need him fit, badly

We all want Gov to play if fit, naturally.

That said, we should all be livid if the following scenario plays out: he plays, clearly isnt right, we lose, and the club trots out "oh btw, he DID have broken ribs after all. Whoops"

Last week with Dusty should show that you cant carry passengers in finals irrespective of how good they are, and if you elect to play them and lose, you absolutely deserve both barrels of fierce criticism that will be leveled at you.

Lets hope Mcgovern is sincerly right to go, we need him fit, badly
It really depends on how much it hinders him I guess. If he’s less likely to mark it as a result then that sucks I guess but a bung knee for a midfielder is a bigger problem

I reckon it is a busted rib....they hurt...they restrict breathing.

But it's better than a bleeding cork...

His father was on radio saying he plays...

They breeden tough from these parts...I've met his dad a few times...good people.

He plays...

Me might have to punch the ball.more than he Mark's it.

I reckon it is a busted rib....they hurt...they restrict breathing.

But it's better than a bleeding cork...

His father was on radio saying he plays...

They breeden tough from these parts...I've met his dad a few times...good people.

He plays...

Me might have to punch the ball.more than he Mark's it.
He went to the bench holding his hip - that was definitely what was giving him more trouble and Simmo has said it's a hip all week. He might have also done something to his rib/s last week but it really goes against all the available evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back