Unofficial Preview Changes and discussion v the Cats Round 2 at the Cattery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Outs- Grant Birchall, Harry Sharp, Tom Fullarton, Mitch Robinson.

Ins- Ely Smith, Rhys Matheison, Connor Ballenden, James Madden.

Harry Sharp was OK for a debut but don't want him in against a seriously big bodied Cats group, my other 3 outs were ordinary. Madden to bring some run from the back, Ballenden will offer just as much as Fullarton did and Matho and Ely give us more options through the midfield. If Dizzy and/or McStay are fit of course they come instead of 1-2 of my ins.

Huge game with the loser starting the season 0-2.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Robbo, Sharp, Birchall or Lester
In: 2 of Smith, Robertson or Mathison and one of Adams or Gardiner

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Seriously difficult assignment against the wounded Cats at their pet home ground.

Dangerfield should get rubbed out for his "jump and bump" effort against the Crows player and that might make it a bit easier

The fact that there was apparently a "head clash" is totally irrelevant to the action that "Danger" initiated and the concussion suffered by the victim.

If he gets off this with some bullshit fine, the system is totally rigged

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Danger will get off. Big name player from a vic club no way he gets rubbed out :) The crows player prob get 3 weeks :)

A long list of players I think need a rocket. Although you assume be the almost the same team next week.
Darcy back for Lester if he is fit. Maybe Adams in as he played well against Hawkins once.
I spend the week practising how to tackle. Way too often people just get past 2-3 of our players.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Out: hipwood, Robinson, Sharp, Birchall
In: Smith, Mathiason, Robertson, and answerth

With the exception of Sharp, that's an awful lot of experience out and an awful lot of inexperience in.

Can't see that happening for a game against the big bodied Geelong unit at their pet ground,

Would love to see Answerth, Ely and Gardiner in ( for say Sharp, Birchall and Fullerton) but are Answerth and Gardiner even available?

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Expecting a much stronger showing on Friday night. Interesting to see how we go physically against this mob. Torched in the prelim.

I suppose physicality becomes a more prevalent factor in finals footy. Whereas in opening rounds, a smaller-bodied team's run game can help offset that advantage.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With the exception of Sharp, that's an awful lot of experience out and an awful lot of inexperience in.

Can't see that happening for a game against the big bodied Geelong unit at their pet ground,

Would love to see Answerth, Ely and Gardiner in ( for say Sharp, Birchall and Fullerton) but are Answerth and Gardiner even available?
There's no evidence to suggest hipwood and daniher can coexist. One has to go, and daniher is obviously the better player and Robison is past it. He was past it last year, but now he's just holding us back. Birchall.. I think we can all agree that he shouldn't be playing at all.

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don’t think we’ll make too many changes except for maybe Cockatoo/Gardiner coming in if they are fit.

Although I think they are probably a better chance for a round 3 return.

I’d go:

In: E.Smith, Mathieson, Madden
Out: Birchall, Sharp, Fullarton

Lester Payne Starcevich
Rich Andrews Madden

McCluggage Lyons Bailey

Ah Chee Hipwood Zorko
Cameron Daniher

Foll: O-Mac, Neale, Smith

Coleman, Robinson, Matho, Berry

Would really like to see K Coleman down back.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Birchall needs to never play in the seniors again. I'd be quite happy to see Answerth (if fit) or Madden take his spot.

It was nice to see Sharp get a game, but he needs a long run in the 2s to build toughness. Ely in for him.

Adams has to come in to cover Hawkins. I'd be bringing him in for Lester. If Gardiner is fit then he should come in for Payne or Fullarton, although in the latter case we'd have to push someone up forward.

Matho should probably also come in for Robbo but I can't see Fagan being willing to drop him just yet.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I'd love to know if Cockatoo played in the reserves practice match yesterday and if so how much game time he played and how he went, he's the big bustling type we need to play some stints inside... similar to how we were going to play Rayner this season.

There's no evidence to suggest hipwood and daniher can coexist. One has to go, and daniher is obviously the better player and Robison is past it. He was past it last year, but now he's just holding us back. Birchall.. I think we can all agree that he shouldn't be playing at all.

I know you love the dumb takes to try to get people to bite, but this is definitely one of the dumbest takes so congratulations on mission accomplished. Literally a single game (where they coexisted fine) is considered conclusive evidence? Using your theory plenty of players would never play a second game if they didn't impact it immediately, after all there's no conclusive evidence they would ever be at AFL standard. Poor Browny would have seriously copped it!

Surly Boy

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2011
Brisneyland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out - poor attitude and effort, In - improved work and team ethic.

Payne for Adams (if fit)

Birch for Answerth (if fit)

Sharp for Smith

Couple of others on notice as well.

youneverknow22

Cancelled
Oct 9, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know you love the dumb takes to try to get people to bite, but this is definitely one of the dumbest takes so congratulations on mission accomplished. Literally a single game (where they coexisted fine) is considered conclusive evidence? Using your theory plenty of players would never play a second game if they didn't impact it immediately, after all there's no conclusive evidence they would ever be at AFL standard. Poor Browny would have seriously copped it!
Maybe you should wait until they can actually play together effectively before calling my take dumb. Especially considering my take is accurate as of right now.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe you should wait until they can actually play together effectively before calling my take dumb. Especially considering my take is accurate as of right now.

Not really sure there's enough of a sample size to back up your take. Not to mention how terrible our entries were.

It's round one. Relax.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1616282535046.png

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wouldn't be overreacting to one game .We need a chance to redeem ourselves . Obviously Gardiner comes in if fit. Adams ,Ely Smith ,Madden and T berry are next in line. Those under scrutiny are Sharp ,Robbo ,Birchall , Fullarton and Lester. All depends on whether the coaches see last night as an abberration or whether there are some alarm bells ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back