Preview Changes and discussion WB v StKilda Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t we just play Bont exclusively forward. Back the others to do the hard yards in the middle.
I prefer Bont kicking to our forwards than kicking for goal.

Bont is one of the tougher players around, regularly plays through injury.

Libbas form hasn't been great since the early rounds.Not saying he isn't best 22
But a week in the 2s coming back from injury is wise.
And give West a chance FFS He's earned it
And is in form.
I tend to agree. However, if we are missing Bont, then Libba simply has to come in to give more on-field leadership. Otherwise, this seems like the perfect opportunity for a West debut

I don’t understand why anyone would continue to ask for support for blokes simply coz their name is Bailey so it takes all types.

Bailey Williams has not done a single thing this year that 4-5 other blokes in the VFL wouldn’t have done just as well. He hasn’t been bad but has been irrelevant and I’d much rather see other guys get a crack to see what they have.

Bailey Dale has joined the Jong club, good in the VFL but not up to AFL so just list clogging depth

FWIW I disagree totally with your assessment of Williams. He's had a slow start but has been building in each game over the past 4 weeks. He also would have finished top 5 in the b&f last year if not for injury.

FWIW I disagree totally with your assessment of Williams. He's had a slow start but has been building in each game over the past 4 weeks. He also would have finished top 5 in the b&f last year if not for injury.
I think moving him around this season has taken a massive effect on him

That’s fine everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don’t rate him

And last year is irrelevant and imo if he did finish top 5 shows us how bad we were. He wouldn’t be the the top 15 in anyone’s team.

Be the first out the door if it was up to me but probably best it isn’t :)

That’s fine everyone is entitled to an opinion but I don’t rate him

And last year is irrelevant and imo if he did finish top 5 shows us how bad we were. He wouldn’t be the the top 15 in anyone’s team.

Be the first out the door if it was up to me but probably best it isn’t :)
Even after Dale and Jong?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libbas form hasn't been great since the early rounds.Not saying he isn't best 22
But a week in the 2s coming back from injury is wise.
And give West a chance FFS He's earned it
And is in form.
Need an extra mid in this week. Bont likely won't spend as much time in the middle if he gets up.

Dunks/Macrae/Libba/Smith/Lipinski to carry the load.

No confirmed changes until tomorrow, but West, Libba, Dale, Helmut & Moz added to the extended bench!

Rhylee West, Ed Richards, Tom Liberatore, Bailey Dale, Bailey Williams, Caleb Daniel, Roarke Smith, Dale Morris (four to be omitted)

These 7 man named benches are such a nonsense. Surely teams can just name their 22 with 3 emergencies?
There's a number of reasons why it's best to wait until after the final training run before naming the final side + emergencies.

I mean we could equally say why don't clubs name their sides on Wednesday, as they do in the NRL?

The reason is there are often players under a cloud until their recent bruises, knocks and injuries have had a chance to settle and receive treatment from the physios and doctors. The same applies to players coming back from a few weeks out of the game, like Daniel. The extra day or so can make a difference in deciding whether or not they are ready.

So the AFL gives every club playing on Sat or Sunday until 2 days before the game to name their final 22.

Bont said earlier in the week that the key test for him was at training tomorrow (Friday). I would expect Daniel will also be under scrutiny in that same session. It's best to name our final emergencies once we know for sure who's out. We want the right balance of attributes on the emergency bench.

I was worried about last week's game because it seemed to fit a pattern this season that we lose when we are strong favourites before the game.

We won by 8 points. Bullet dodged but we had to fight hard.

I am similarly worried about this week's game. Our third against a side that has just announced a change in the coach. We lost the other two.

We have some injury concerns going into the match.

What I want to know is who is going to step up this week besides our week in, week out core of winners?

We need a big game from some of the guys who have been quiet or in just middling form.

I say bring in Libba and bring in Rhylee West, who I am to understand is a hard nut in the Clay Smith mould. I'm presuming that Caleb will not be quite ready.

Out: McLean (inj) but I'm not sure on the next, it seems to be out of Roarke, Tory and Ed. I have appreciated Roarke's constant involvements, even if he's not getting disposals. I appreciate Tory's record and acknowledge that he may still have a few rounds left in him. Ed has magic moments but doesn't get a lot of the ball.

I was worried about last week's game because it seemed to fit a pattern this season that we lose when we are strong favourites before the game.

We won by 8 points. Bullet dodged but we had to fight hard.

I am similarly worried about this week's game. Our third against a side that has just announced a change in the coach. We lost the other two.

We have some injury concerns going into the match.

What I want to know is who is going to step up this week besides our week in, week out core of winners?

We need a big game from some of the guys who have been quiet or in just middling form.

I say bring in Libba and bring in Rhylee West, who I am to understand is a hard nut in the Clay Smith mould. I'm presuming that Caleb will not be quite ready.

Out: McLean (inj) but I'm not sure on the next, it seems to be out of Roarke, Tory and Ed. I have appreciated Roarke's constant involvements, even if he's not getting disposals. I appreciate Tory's record and acknowledge that he may still have a few rounds left in him. Ed has magic moments but doesn't get a lot of the ball.
Dickson is playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back