Preview Changes and discussion WB v StKilda Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly we'll have to wait on the injury assessments from today's game but McLean looks to be out for multiple weeks. Bont and Lipinski spent time in the rooms and Lipi didn't return so there'll be some anxious days waiting to see how they come up. Did Bevo comment on the injuries in his presser?

The seven day break will be important.

Fortunately there are several players pressing their claims in the VFL. I feel West must be close to head of the queue even though (or perhaps because) Dale was chosen to play only half a game against Casey today. If Lipi is out they might both come in. It's the ideal sort of game for West to make his debut and I reckon he'll go OK whenever that is. Seems to have a good footy brain, a pragmatic style and a competitive instinct so he probably won't have too many butterflies.

Morris, Libba and Daniel are the other ones to consider. Morris a chance. Libba probably needs a game at VFL level and I think Daniel will need another week before playing.

I liked Lachie Young's game in the VFL but I doubt it will be enough to earn him a recall. Besides, who would he replace? Bailey Williams was solid most of the day.

The one that concerns me is Bont. He didn't star when he came back on today but you can see how he just makes things happen with deft touches and taps. It was a big factor in getting over the line IMO so if he misses any games it'll really test us out.

St Kilda were good against Geelong, I want to see the Sweet/Marshall match up or is it the
Marshall/Sweet match up, Naughton to go back and take Josh Bruce too mobile for the
other guys. Danger game we must be better than tonight.

In: Liberatore, Daniel
Out: McLean, Richards

Emergencies: Richards, Morris, Wallis, West
*Jong also BOG in the VFL, Gowers got through in his return and Bailey Dale dominated too!

Libba in for Toby, and that will probably do.

In : Libba

Out : McLean (inj)

I’m comfortable with English going head to head with Marshall and Trengove to Bruce. Naughton should cause a headache against Carlisle.

Libba and Daniel if fit for McLean and lipinski.
Wouldn't mind bmith and English having a rest on the run home wether that be this week or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week's report from Chris Bell said 1-2 weeks, meaning either this coming week or the next one.
Said today he did a sesh with libba and libba is a def in and CD made it through ok and wants to play next week. Prob will.get named and given every chance to get up

They both probably deserve another week, but Lipinski and Williams have had a weaker couple of weeks and are a chance to come out.

Thought Lipinski was quiet today (he also spent some time off injured) but he was absolutely magnificent against Carlton, Collingwood, Port and the Cats.

He stays in definitely for mine as long as he’s fit.

Looking at Bailey Dale at senior level, confidence is one of his main problems. He doesn't quite believe in himself. Like Jong. Or maybe he's just a good VFL player. I think he needs a good run in the ressies before he gets another shot.

Richards was quiet today but has a bit of X factor. I'd love to see West come in, would be a real crowd lifter.

Libba if fit would come in for McLean, possibly either Lippa or B Williams may also get a stint in the ressies. Not sure who on form would come in for either of them.

How far off is Moz?

St Kilda were good against Geelong, I want to see the Sweet/Marshall match up or is it the
Marshall/Sweet match up, Naughton to go back and take Josh Bruce too mobile for the
other guys. Danger game we must be better than tonight.

what is it with you and your ruck fetish?

Libba in for Toby

Not sure why we would drop Williams as he has been getting his mojo back the last month

Bailey Dale scares me as he is clearly a class above VFL. Its all in his head he could clearly make it a AFL level he just has to back himself in - I think he can make it and will be a late bloomer ala Lloyd.

Do we bring Moz back? Saints have some talls and we need someone with quick pace off the mark to matchup on Bruce (or does Cordy get that matchup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back