Bulldogsnm1

All Australian
Aug 23, 2006
Altona
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
GWS
I must admit to being a little surprised by the in’s.
With 3 changes occurring I would have thought Morris and West would be in.
Bailey Dale played well in the first quarter of the VFL however I would have thought West would have been in front of him.
Daniel was always going to play if fit, however the medicos must have been really confident that Libbas knee is 100%.
I would have played him at least one game in the VFL.

As for Morris he is ready to come in however you can’t drop the captain and he would have been first in line based on the selected back six.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Would rather Williams stay in and play the wing/forward role instead of Dale but maybe the club just wants to get a better idea of Dale's worth going into next year. Maybe Williams is a lost cause to SA. If not I'm a bit confused about what they expect from him after being thrown around every second game.

It's almost as if Bailey Williams is on the periphery of the best 22 or something, and better players come in to take his spot. Mental that.

I cannot fathom that roarke smith and bailey dale are better players than Williams.

Throw Tory Dickson and suckling (the way he’s played the last few weeks) in there as well.

He’s been ripped off.

I think Bailey Dale has talent, I've been a big supporter in the past, but he's been badly lacking confidence in the seniors. Runs around like a chook and doesn't get near the ball, an on the rare occasion he does he flaps at it. He's shown plenty at VFL level but I'd like to have seen him have a run of consistent games in the ressies before a senior call up.

I wonder if Williams is carrying an injury, I wouldn't have dropped him. Unless the match committee want him to work on some specific aspect of his game n the VFL.

Guessing we wouldn't debut West at a away game.

Lex22

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Williams stiff but for balance, it does make sense with Daniels in. We already have a stack of back flank types.

Real d-day for Bailey Dale. Up against an ordinary defense, this is about curtains for him if he completely squibs it again.

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I cannot fathom that roarke smith and bailey dale are better players than Williams.

He's stiff but it seems to be a case that Daniel takes his spot and Dale replaces Richards to play in that role. Seems like a balance issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams has been one of our more solid players over the last few weeks, quite surprised he's been dropped.
Only thing I can think of is that he doesn't want to stay at the Bulldogs so we are just planning to play those who will be sticking around.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dale in for Williams is extremely disappointing. Dale has shown nothing at AFL level this year, and Williams was hitting some really solid form.

Williams is out of contract this year too, I pretty much expect him to leave now, and we'll get very little in return.

synchrodogcal

Team Captain
Dec 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Williams might be another case of back to the 2's for a bit then kill it when he gets back in the 1's

Seems to be working well this year that theory

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dale in for Williams is extremely disappointing. Dale has shown nothing at AFL level this year, and Williams was hitting some really solid form.

Williams is out of contract this year too, I pretty much expect him to leave now, and we'll get very little in return.

That’s the spirit

How long was Williams in the team before he was dropped?
He's played the last 7 games, averaging about 17 disposals and 5 marks per game. Surprised he was dropped, but maybe with so many defensive options he was squeezed out and it also could be he's looking to go home as other posters have suggested. I still rate him though.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
He's played the last 7 games, averaging about 17 disposals and 5 marks per game. Surprised he was dropped, but maybe with so many defensive options he was squeezed out and it also could be he's looking to go home as other posters have suggested. I still rate him though.
I'm not overly phased about him being out of the team, I don't really think he's in our best 22 for the area of the ground he's being played, plus it's not a bad idea to see if there really is anything there with Dale. Probably his last chance.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Williams is a little stiff, has been playing ok.
I think you’re bang on when saying we have so many options down back. Bevo mentioned in his presser today that Moz coming back in isn’t straight forward due to the same reason.

Someone in the backline had to make way for Daniel, unfortunately it was Williams.

Personally I think the back 6 was a little unbalanced with all of Williams, Duryea, Crozier and Wood in the side so one making way for Daniel makes sense.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For what it's worth I've heard from a friend at Footscray that Williams has been told he needs to work on his contested game aswell as getting back to help out the defenders a bit more, with so many players in his position they're wanting him to add a point of difference. Also in the same convo I got told both him and the club are looking to re-sign but it won't be until our season is over and both can see how his developing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back