Preview Changes and discussion WB v StKilda Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see you having a chuckle. Definitely nothing to do with footy ability unless you think Jong,, Dale and Roarke have much.

Of course Bev favours players. Everyone favours someone. Its human nature. Didn't realise it would be such a revelation for you.🤔
Theyre not good afl players no and may never be but all 3 have skills in their game that if developed right could make them solid afl level players. The upside to those 3 is quite clear to see, the other 3 examples have no point of difference whatsoever, solid vfl players with no upside to make the grade at afl. The difference between those groups is pretty obvious id have thought. Hardly a good example as to why you think bev plays favourites.

Its just such a ridiculous theory people have latched onto around here. For one theres a whole match committee its not only his call and do you not think we want to put the best team on the park? Playing favourites is obviously more important...

I dont mind Roarke. Doesn't get it enough - yet. But i think he'll become a more consistent contributor.

What I do like about him is that he's good in a contest and generally makes the right decision under pressure.

Correct decision making under pressure will keep you in a Bevo coached side.

The goal kicking also helps.
Not sure what Roarke's pressure stats were last week and v Geelong but he had some critical moments in both games. Probably not best 22 but for now he's playing his role. Was also part of our team late last season when we won a few. May not be coincidence.

Dale has good potential, has a keen goal sense and looked really dangerous in the Vfl for anyone who actually watched. Williams stiff but he was dropped for CD.

Our dale bashes have really gone a bit overboard, we are crying out for natural goalkickers and when one starts performing in the VFL we domt want to utilise that? The mans been injured givee him at least this game
I've been a Williams fan for a while and was expecting a solid season from him but I don't see much improvement this year. Some of his fumbles in the last quarter v Geelong nearly cost us and another critical one v dees late last week. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same confidence as he has in the past.

I'm glad he got a run of games and he played his role but there's still quite a few ahead of him (JJ, Duryea, Suckling, Crozier, Wood, Daniel).

Theyre not good afl players no and may never be but all 3 have skills in their game that if developed right could make them solid afl level players. The upside to those 3 is quite clear to see, the other 3 examples have no point of difference whatsoever, solid vfl players with no upside to make the grade at afl. The difference between those groups is pretty obvious id have thought. Hardly a good example as to why you think bev plays favourites.

Its just such a ridiculous theory people have latched onto around here. For one theres a whole match committee its not only his call and do you not think we want to put the best team on the park? Playing favourites is obviously more important...

Jong is 26. Where's the upside? Had 10 yrs to learn footy and will never be more than a good VFL fringe AFL player. Who knows how the similar ly injured Webb would've turned out with the same opportunities.

Of course the MC pick the best 22 to win. We aren't Melbourne. Bev just favours certain players as best 22. And make no mistake it's Bev with the final say.

I've been a Williams fan for a while and was expecting a solid season from him but I don't see much improvement this year. Some of his fumbles in the last quarter v Geelong nearly cost us and another critical one v dees late last week. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same confidence as he has in the past.

I'm glad he got a run of games and he played his role but there's still quite a few ahead of him (JJ, Duryea, Suckling, Crozier, Wood, Daniel).

I like his kicking- fast flat and long as well as his marking. He gives us a competitiveness in the air which we lack and something the guys you mention above do not give us.
And he's only 20. So he's going to be an important player for us in 2-3 years.

I like his kicking- fast flat and long as well as his marking. He gives us a competitiveness in the air which we lack and something the guys you mention above do not give us.
Really like his kicking and overhead skills as well. But don't agree that Wood, Crozier, Duryea and even Suckling don't give us aerial competitiveness, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Agree he's got plenty of potential and that added bit of mongrel which I value. And sometimes these young guys have a flat year, then launch the following year. Hoping that's the case for Williams.

Although I don't see a spot opening up for him in 2020 through retirement and he's probably battling La Young for a spot too now so he will have to take his game to another level if he wants a regular spot in the 22.

Minor detail, but he is 22 this October. Still has some time, though he has gone backwards this year IMO.

Really like his kicking and overhead skills as well. But don't agree that Wood, Crozier, Duryea and even Suckling don't give us aerial competitiveness, if I'm understanding you correctly.

Agree he's got plenty of potential and that added bit of mongrel which I value. And sometimes these young guys have a flat year, then launch the following year. Hoping that's the case for Williams.

Although I don't see a spot opening up for him in 2020 through retirement and he's probably battling La Young for a spot too now so he will have to take his game to another level if he wants a regular spot in the 22.

I can't see Suckling, Dureuya and Crozier getting any better, so he'll be best 22 in 2 years.

Sorry I'll exclude Wood from the list but Suckling, Dureya and Crozier are not great one on one marks. They usually are good when they have a run up, but so are a lot of players.

Smith and Dale are even worse.

I can't see Suckling, Dureuya and Crozier getting any better, so he'll be best 22 in 2 years.

Sorry I'll exclude Wood from the list but Suckling, Dureya and Crozier are not great one on one marks. They usually are good when they have a run up, but so are a lot of players.

Smith and Dale are even worse.
We haven’t had many good marks in our team over the last 5 or so years, but we are getting better. Naughton, Bont, Schache on a lead, Crozier with a leap, Wood with a leap, Dunkley, Jong are probably our best marks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tickets for today’s game are in Aisle 48. Anyone know if that puts me behind the goal with the Doggies or Saints supporters? We normally sit on the wing so it’s going to be a new one for us.

My tickets for today’s game are in Aisle 48. Anyone know if that puts me behind the goal with the Doggies or Saints supporters? We normally sit on the wing so it’s going to be a new one for us.

That's the Coventry end so I think that'll be behind the Saints supporters.

It's a Saints home game, so you should be near the Bulldogs cheer squad. For home games they're at the LaTrobe St end.

GA is only for level 3. There may be a small section level 1 behind the goals that allows GA. Not sure if it’s available every week though.

I got a space in aisle 8 last week which was a pretty good view. Arrive early

Remove this Banner Ad

Back