Unofficial Preview Changes and in the mix Rd 6 Vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all reports Ablett is a chance to play, wouldnt be surprised to see him come in for Scooter. Hawkins will come back in for Murdoch and i would bring Crameri in for Parsons.

In: Ablett, Hawkins, Crameri
Out: Murdoch, Scooter, Parsons

There's no way Parsons gets dropped after kicking two goals last night.

It's very hard decision...
At the moment.
Out Parsons, S Selwood injured.
In J Jones, Hawkins, Crameri, House on my extended bench

Especially given that I don't see any way that Scooter Selwood plays after throwing up following that hit.
Tom Stewart said today that Scooter is a still a little crook.

They were also showing footage of our skipper retaliating and it clearly shows a two fisted jumper punch to the face of Thomas while he was on the ground.

It'll be looked at and he might be given a week off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were also showing footage of our skipper retaliating and it clearly shows a two fisted jumper punch to the face of Thomas while he was on the ground.

It'll be looked at and he might be given a week off.

Two fisted jumper punch to the face? I think you need to watch the footage again. CLEARLY didn't touch his face, in fact you can see both fists hit the ground. Will not go, would be surprised if they wasted 5 minutes reviewing it.

Parsons always seems to do absolutely nothing for 90% of the game then pop up and kick a couple of cheap goals. Usually timely goals as well. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
It's not, and most of the time it's 1 if that, but hardly cracks 10 possessions and doesn't tackle. Zero pressure!
Hawkins in will free up Menzel again and away we go.
Don't forget horlo kicked 2 well earned goals not Parfitt freebies.

Scooter for Hawkins

Murdoch would probably be next in line to go out, Parsons seems to be a better prospect and a bit smarter/reliable around goals.

Given Sav is doing decent in the ruck and Blicavs is being used as a full time defender there is no need for another tall defender.

Scooter for Hawkins

Murdoch would probably be next in line to go out, Parsons seems to be a better prospect and a bit smarter/reliable around goals.

Given Sav is doing decent in the ruck and Blicavs is being used as a full time defender there is no need for another tall defender.

Hope they play a ruck "Stanley" next week, like the option of two talls forward, Sav providing ruck support but Hawkins support as well.

Interesting to see where they'll play Blicavs. Last year he tagged Kennedy out of the game so that's again an option. But he's also the first choice to play on Franklin- and if someone had suggested that even a month ago I would have been skeptical.

Of the Geelong players to play 3 games or more this season, Parsons has a better goal:game ratio of everyone except Menzel. He stays.

Thurlow was very solid. Held his ground better than Zuthrie and I felt was more assured defensively when he had to go. If we’re keeping Henry, it’s smarter to use the more experienced small/medium defender beside him.

Hawkins for Scooter is all they need to do unless they suddenly have faith in Smith or Menzel needs a rest.

Yes got on the end of a few but 9 possessions and 0 tackles proves just doesn't work anywhere hard enough.
I think it's a physical size problem (and a play-reading problem) before it's really anything else.

I also suspect that he's being asked to play a far deeper role than Fogerty and Parfitt (ergo kicking goals), almost that old-fashioned forward pocket role.

However, I agree that if there's a suitable replacement, he's off to the VFL.

Interesting to see where they'll play Blicavs. Last year he tagged Kennedy out of the game so that's again an option. But he's also the first choice to play on Franklin- and if someone had suggested that even a month ago I would have been skeptical.
He's got the tank to go with Buddy, and at least the height. Buddy isn't the greatest mark above his head, but he'll use his reach on Kolodjashnij and Stewart. At least Blitz won't be Cale-Hooker'd!

Hopefully Hawkins will be available. Parsons to make way.
If Hawkins is unavailable, then Crameri? Alternatively, Timm House. House to replace Blicavs in defence, Blicavs to replace SavRat as 2nd ruck, SavRat to be 100% key position forward.
And most importantly - Horlin-Smith should be retained.

B: Bews Kolo Stewart
HB: Tuohy Blicavs Thurlow
C: Duncan JSelwood SSelwood
HF: Kelly Menzel Fogarty
F: Menegola Hawkins Parfitt
R: Stanley Danger Horlin-Smith
I: Ratugolea Cunico Henry Murdoch

Why Blicavs replaced? I think he’s been very solid as a KPD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully Hawkins will be available. Parsons to make way.
If Hawkins is unavailable, then Crameri? Alternatively, Timm House. House to replace Blicavs in defence, Blicavs to replace SavRat as 2nd ruck, SavRat to be 100% key position forward.
And most importantly - Horlin-Smith should be retained.

B: Bews Kolo Stewart
HB: Tuohy Blicavs Thurlow
C: Duncan JSelwood SSelwood
HF: Kelly Menzel Fogarty
F: Menegola Hawkins Parfitt
R: Stanley Danger Horlin-Smith
I: Ratugolea Cunico Henry Murdoch

Why Blicavs replaced? I think he’s been very solid as a KPD

I was offering a suggestion as to what to do if Hawkins is unavailable this weekend. But it seems that Tomahawk will be playing, so Stanley and Ratugolea can be penciled in for ruck duties, and Blicavs can remain in defence.

Hawkins in, scooter out. Menz may well need a break, perhaps he plays this week, get another VFL game into Crameri and then rest Menz against GWS. Hopefully bring Ablett back that week also and play him more forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back