Unofficial Preview Changes and in the mix Rd 7 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair guess to say that there will be some of the same names getting put forward here to be OUT next week

GO Catters

Can someone do an Ask The Coach and ask if Smith s**t in Scotty's cereal? It's like he is punishing the team by having Stanley play.
We used to laugh about Mark Blake, but Stanley makes Blake look like Brad Ottens.
Stanley HAS to be dropped. The fact he stays in the team is mind blowing.
Zuthrie just not physically ready. Gregson just not that good.
Stanley for Smith,
Zuthrie for Parfitt,
Gregson for Menzel,
GHS for Ablett.

THere's only been a handful of games at KP that's been as empty in the guts as this one. Must bring in if fit Ablett and Menzel, Smith surely since Stanley just can't seem to deliver in the ruck, and S.Selwood?

But there's not been too many more disappointing games than this, and i really don't know if the side has the resilience to come back from this one, GWS has more talent on every line, and may well smash us unmercifully if we put up a repeat effort like that last quarter.

Out:
- Z. Guthrie
- Horlin-Smith
- Stanley
- Thurlow
- (Gregson)

In:
- Menzel
- Ablett
- Parfitt
- S. Selwood
- (Z. Smith)

Z. Smith has been in poor form in the VFL, but the Giants seem to be playing Patton and a rookie ruck as their main rucks this week (Lobb inj, Simpson dropped) so we could bring him in to try and build some form against those guys. Or we could drop Stanley and let Esava/Blicavs ruck because they’ll compete consistently + bring more around the ground than Smith/Stanley. But the likely situation will be Stanley keeping his spot and continuing to be inconsistent.

I’d like Thurlow to keep his spot, didn’t think he did that bad, but unfortunately for him our inclusions next week are good for us, and Murdoch/Parsons both played pretty well plus bring that pressure up forward.

Word is Parfitt will be out more than 2 weeks - foot soreness is code for many bad things.

GO Catters

Doesn't matter how poorly Smith is playing in the VFL, gets a game by default surely.

The fascination with Z.Guthrie needs to stop as well. Hopefully he'll be a good player in a few years time, but how he manages to keep finding himself in the team is beyond me. If we need to be gifting games to undersized blokes, give them to those blokes in the VFL busting their gut week-in, week-out. It's ludicrous how some players seem to be above stringing solid games together in the VFL.

He gets dropped after 6 touches against the Saints, misses VFL due to being the carry over emergency in Adelaide, then walks straight back into the team and picks up 4 touches. While it might not make a massive difference on-field, blokes like Constable, Crameri, Jones, Miers etc who are putting their hand up in the VFL should be given a crack ahead of a player that's been dropped and hasn't had to regain form in the reserves. Too many players getting a charmed run at selection for reasons unbeknownst to the average supporter.

Cats by 30+.

Can someone do an Ask The Coach and ask if Smith s**t in Scotty's cereal? It's like he is punishing the team by having Stanley play.
We used to laugh about Mark Blake, but Stanley makes Blake look like Brad Ottens.
Stanley HAS to be dropped. The fact he stays in the team is mind blowing.
Zuthrie just not physically ready. Gregson just not that good.
Stanley for Smith,
Zuthrie for Parfitt,
Gregson for Menzel,
GHS for Ablett.

Well, Blake was a really good tap ruckman. He just wasn't good at much else. Stanley is not a good tap ruckman, and you'd suggest that he should be better around the ground, but he really isn't.

Surely Crameri gets a crack.

Menzal our best forward. Hawkins just does my head in... His good when his on fire but then when his down its hard to get him up... But gee he looks sore. He has to be injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gregson can play VFL until he's actually earned his place in the side through merit. We've had kids gifted games without deserving it before, but Gregson doesn't even show occasional glimpses of upside that might suggest why he's being gifted these games.

I don’t believe what l'm reading, you wanted Gregson, now you want him out?
I judge players on performances. His last full game v WCE was good. Was abysmal today.
Thurlow lucky we don’t have heaps to bring in or I’d be dropping him too for his average kicking

He's a link player who doesn't win his own ball and is easily covered by lock defenders.
Isn't that fast or clever.
Not surprised he only touched it 9 times today playing Sydney on our ground.

Out: Stanley, Z Guthrie, Hawkins, Parsons
In: Smith, Menzel/Black, Buzza, Crameri

Probably contentious, I know. We are most likely going to be belted by GWS, so:

- Stanley to go out for Smith. I'm not one of the maniacal Stanley haters, but he's not offering a lot at the moment.
- Z Guthrie out as he's just nowhere near ready for this level of footy, and I'm not sure why he keeps getting a game.
- Hawkins to have a week off - he's either injured or just ordinary at the moment. A week off won't do any harm either way. Might as well see what Buzza does up forward with Sav if given an opportunity.
- Parsons to have a week (or more) out. He's not really adding much. I would much prefer to see what Crameri can bring to the team. There's no point recruiting him if they won't play him.
- If Menzel's groin isn't up to playing, bring Black in. Also no point recruiting him if they're not going to play him when we've a couple of forwards injured/out of form.

If this was a winnable game, my thoughts would probably be different due to so many changes at once, but sadly I don't think it is.

Out: Stanley, Z Guthrie, Hawkins, Parsons
In: Smith, Menzel/Black, Buzza, Crameri

Probably contentious, I know. We are most likely going to be belted by GWS, so:

- Stanley to go out for Smith. I'm not one of the maniacal Stanley haters, but he's not offering a lot at the moment.
- Z Guthrie out as he's just nowhere near ready for this level of footy, and I'm not sure why he keeps getting a game.
- Hawkins to have a week off - he's either injured or just ordinary at the moment. A week off won't do any harm either way. Might as well see what Buzza does up forward with Sav if given an opportunity.
- Parsons to have a week (or more) out. He's not really adding much. I would much prefer to see what Crameri can bring to the team. There's no point recruiting him if they won't play him.
- If Menzel's groin isn't up to playing, bring Black in. Also no point recruiting him if they're not going to play him when we've a couple of forwards injured/out of form.

If this was a winnable game, my thoughts would probably be different due to so many changes at once, but sadly I don't think it is.
No way should Hawkins be dropped unless genuinely injured. He kicked 2 and should have kicked 4 or 5. Also if Menzel comes in he needs Hawkins to be the decoy

No way should Hawkins be dropped unless genuinely injured. He kicked 2 and should have kicked 4 or 5. Also if Menzel comes in he needs Hawkins to be the decoy
Happy to agree to disagree on that one. Hawkins has been pretty poor all year. Yes, he should have kicked 4 or 5, that's part of the problem. His kicking for goal is awful at the moment, a FF's bread and butter skill. He's kicked 6 goals in 5 games this year, which just isn't enough.

Let Sav be the decoy for Menzel for a week.

In Scooter. Menzal. Crameri, Smith , Ablett if ok
Out Horlin Smith injured, Zuthrie, Stanley.
Il shorten it before Friday. Left Parfitt out if it's true his out for a while

Who? Thurlow played, GHS played, there isn't another mid-sizer lining up. Perhaps Black at a pinch.
Our four emergencies were Guthrie, Smith, Constable and Crameri. We didn't need Guthrie in the side at all today, nor did his form warrant selection. Crameri was fit, listed as an emergency and with Menzel out this screamed the type of game to give him a crack. Alternatively, with Parfitt the late out, we could have used more in the midfield, so giving Constable a game would have contributed more to our cause than Guthrie's 4 touches. Even bringing in Smith and sending Stanley forward would have helped.

Fair enough that Parfitt out may have blindsided the club, but of the four emergencies I reckon we brought in the worst one for what our team needed.

I don’t think Ablett gets up.
Pies in Round 8.

Having cooled down a fraction.

Smith, Scooter, Menzel. IN.
Stanley, Gregson, Zuthrie. OUT.

If GHS doesn’t come up from concussion then I suspect Gregson gets a reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back