Unofficial Preview Changes and In the Mix V Collingwood Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was watching Zac off the ball and he's completely reactionary.
He's like a deer in the headlights.
And when he does get it he gives off a 2m crap handball to someone under pressure.

I've seen good signs from him previously but right now I don't know what he's even bringing.
Is ruggles dead or something? I know he turns it over, but at least he can defend.
Ruggles delisted.

I don't mind that. It's obviously a more complex case - touching an umpire deliberately in that the touch was deliberate, but accidentally in that he seemed to think it was a GWS player.
Looked to me like he was putting his hand out defensively just as the ump pointed towards him. Can't see it going as intentional, but they love making a statement through Hawkins.

I don't agree with that. He can kick a goal from midfield by pushing forward a la Menegola, but he's not a good enough mark or agile enough to be a forward.
No, but as a midfield rotation he could still find himself picked. He is an excellent crumber, I would say better than any other small forward we have playing at the moment, excepting Kelly. You don't need to be super fast if you read the play from the ball ups and contests better than the opposition backs.

No, but as a midfield rotation he could still find himself picked. He is an excellent crumber, I would say better than any other small forward we have playing at the moment, excepting Kelly. You don't need to be super fast if you read the play from the ball ups and contests better than the opposition backs.
I agree with that, and for the record I'd pick him after that game at the Adelaide Oval, and push Kelly forward, Murdoch back, drop Thurlow or Zuthrie.

Looked to me like he was putting his hand out defensively just as the ump pointed towards him. Can't see it going as intentional, but they love making a statement through Hawkins.
Are you referring to the jumper punch? Hawkins was an idiot for that one and it had nothing to do with being Hawkins IMO.

Will Linc be available for VFL the week after? He would be a real bonus to the team if he can pick up where he left in 2016.
They said on KROCK Linc would have played VFL this week if there was a game and will play next week baring any issues that arise.

GO Catters

They said on KROCK Linc would have played VFL this week if there was a game and will play next week baring any issues that arise.

GO Catters
th

Yeah I was watching Zac off the ball and he's completely reactionary.
He's like a deer in the headlights.
And when he does get it he gives off a 2m crap handball to someone under pressure.

I've seen good signs from him previously but right now I don't know what he's even bringing.
Is ruggles dead or something? I know he turns it over, but at least he can defend.

FFS Tony Barber

Now I can see why you need to be spoon feed the Team sheets.

Ruggles hit the road six months ago and you have NFI.

Here, let me help you. :p:p:p:D:D:D:D

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/af...ruggles-and-matthew-hayball?station=melbourne

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hawkins gets a week, and I'm betting he will, then I think we should just play Paddy as a forward, especially if Gazza is coming back in. Those two can rotate through forward/midfield. Sav is doing fine as a big bodied KPF, and bring the ball down beautifully, so I don't think we need to replace hawkins with like for like. We might even see Smith & Stanley play given the Pies ruck combo, unless Taylor comes in, then Blicavs might have to pinch hit in the ruck instead.

Last edited:
I can't see too much experimenting this week. I think we have lost the last few games to the pies.

Out - Zuthrie, Crameri
In - Ablett, Smith

If Taylor, Linc, Menzel and Parfitt are fit than I can probably see likes of Gregson, Thurlow, Cunico and Murdoch making way. Potentially even Fogarty could be on that list.

I think Stanley will survive the chop this week as we need someone to run with Grundy and Cox.

In: Gaz, Menzel
Out: Zuthrie, Crameri(Bad luck)

Would like to try to bring in Smith and play both he and Stanley against Grundie, Smith at the hit outs and Stanley to run with him, but it would mean dropping Sav. Stanley played well against GWS and I can't see us dropping him.

GeorgeHS should be ready to come back in but I'm buggered if I can find a spot.

If Hawkins gets a week, and I betting he will, then I think we should just play Paddy as a forward, especially if Gazza is coming back in. Those two can rotate through forward/midfield. Sav is doing fine as a big bodied KPF, and bring the ball down beautifully, so I don't think we need to replace hawkins with like for like. We might even see Smith & Stanley play given the Pies ruck combo, unless Taylor comes in, then Blicavs might have to pinch hit in the ruck instead.

I'm not sure where Buzza is at but it would be interesting seeing him in the forward line with Esava. Might be worth trying against the Blues or Lions.

Hard to say. Don't think there was much in the Hawkins incident but as expected the media have jumped all over it. Feel like he will get a week so Cram and Stanley probably need to stay.

In: Ablett Jnr, Menzel and Smith
Out: Hawkins, Zuthrie and Thurlow (unlucky).

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

If Hawkins gets a week, and I betting he will, then I think we should just play Paddy as a forward, especially if Gazza is coming back in. Those two can rotate through forward/midfield. Sav is doing fine as a big bodied KPF, and bring the ball down beautifully, so I don't think we need to replace hawkins with like for like. We might even see Smith & Stanley play given the Pies ruck combo, unless Taylor comes in, then Blicavs might have to pinch hit in the ruck instead.
I'm unsure of that. I think that if the big Hawk misses, at the very least we run with Menzel/Crameri with even the possibility of Buzza if required. Paddy up forward as the main target is fun, but it's not Plan A IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back