Unofficial Preview Changes and In the Mix V Collingwood Rd 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing true about your analysis of Collingwood.
They are a good team with a very good midfield, a multipronged speedy forward line, and plenty of height to trouble us. Moore is back, Grundy in AA form, Cox is playing well.Their defence is more than adequate. Still some guns to return, similar to us.
Your opinion. They don't really have the runs on the board to convince me that you are right and I am wrong. The quality of opposition we have played has been far better, we have only just lost some games through depleted benches, and our injury list is far worse, yet we are 6th and they are 9th. They are an average team at best. I will back the Cats over them any day.

Your opinion. They don't really have the runs on the board to convince me that you are right and I am wrong. The quality of opposition we have played has been far better, we have only just lost some games through depleted benches, and our injury list is far worse, yet we are 6th and they are 9th. They are an average team at best. I will back the Cats over them any day.

Of course all of us here would want to see us convincingly defeat them.

And they have been an average team since 2012. And just about getting more average year by year (notwithstanding some signs of improvement early this year).

Whilst we have been in contention almost every season over the same time period.

So you would think that we should be winning a fair few more than we lose against them over recent times.

Yet they are actually 6-3 against us since the 2011 GF.o_O

It's utterly infuriating that they keep defying their mediocrity when it comes to playing the hoops.

But it's also indisputably true. And gives conservative supporters like me plenty of reason to be cautiously hopeful of a win against them next weekend rather than overly expectant of one.

Well, not sure how anyone goes into the pies games feeling confident-they have beaten us too often for me to feel it’s in the bag. They are a better team this year too. But so are we. Geelong to win after a tough contest. Ablett, GHS, Smith in. Zuthrie, Hawkins( suspended), and as per usual an injured player to come out. I will wait with bated breath to see who it is this week.

Since 2005, Collingwood have the best head-to-head record against us over anyone else.

They'll push us again this week. Grundy was good today against Martin who's quality - he'll s**t on Stanley's head, no problem.

McCarthy straight in after not playing a single game for more than 13 months.

What do you think, fans?
Inspired lunacy?
Or just sheer old-fashioned effing stupidity?

Have your say, we're waiting for your call.
I'm going with lunacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back