Prediction Changes and pre match discussion vs Brisbane Lions R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the whole Vardy discussion, putting his stat's aside, I thought he looks lost on field. Admittedly the sample size of games I've seen him live at here in Vic is small, but what I did see was a guy who either 1)had no game sense or 2) was being used as a decoy.

And I'm inclined to think it's the former as he was always out of position when we had the ball. Like he wanted to run into space to be an option, but the space he ran into was not where the ball would ever be transitioned through. In the few instances where he was near the ball, he positioned so poorly he may as well have not been there.

One incident that sticks in my mind was a 2 v 2 on the wing. One of his team mates gets to the ball first, picks it up cleanly and looks up expecting Vardy to be running past, except that Vardy bizarrely changed the direction he was moving in to now be almost behind his team mate. Instead, his direct opponent who ran where Vardy should have continued running was there to make it a 2 v 1.

On the whole Vardy discussion, putting his stat's aside, I thought he looks lost on field. Admittedly the sample size of games I've seen him live at here in Vic is small, but what I did see was a guy who either 1)had no game sense or 2) was being used as a decoy.

And I'm inclined to think it's the former as he was always out of position when we had the ball. Like he wanted to run into space to be an option, but the space he ran into was not where the ball would ever be transitioned through. In the few instances where he was near the ball, he positioned so poorly he may as well have not been there.

One incident that sticks in my mind was a 2 v 2 on the wing. One of his team mates gets to the ball first, picks it up cleanly and looks up expecting Vardy to be running past, except that Vardy bizarrely changed the direction he was moving in to now be almost behind his team mate. Instead, his direct opponent who ran where Vardy should have continued running was there to make it a 2 v 1.

Vardy is a key forward , unfortunately for him two coaches in his career have failed to play him where he should play. He of course has also failed to live up to his potential And has been hurt by injuries.
Funny enough the best we looked against Freo was the 14 minutes he was at FF when JK was off injured. He actually separated himself from JD which opened up the forward line and surprise surprise we had our best scoring quarter.

fu** me now who’s going the strawman route?

I literally said

But apparently there’s no middle ground between “he’s not a statue” and “you think he’s the next NicNat.”

Do us a favour, go take another four years off, will you?

Haha touchy much?

I'm honoured that you were counting the years.
I missed you too bro.

Actually looking forward to this game, lineup is a glimpse at our future.
Allen at FF, Hedwards CHB, Foley, Witho, LEdwards, JJ, Brander.

Really hoping they all show something.

Yes I do as well.

Will really be an indictment on our senior players if we at least are competitive or god forbid, win.

No idea why Dirty Sanchez has such a hard on for Vardy, Pat Maolne there.

At this trajectory, he may reach 10 posessions a game in 10 years time.

Spud. Offered nothing since 18.

What are we paying for a win today?

This might be one of those anomaly games where the season is effectively done and we still win anyway.

Only for Essendon to also win and we lose 8th spot due to poor percentage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on bro...stop expecting too much from the fella.
He's a forward being played out of position and has heaps of credits in the bank.

He's not dean Cox you know😂

The correct possession level which is acceptable is about 7 or 8 apparently.

But his hotouts to advantage are the best in the league didn't you know.

Come on bro...stop expecting too much from the fella.
He's a forward being played out of position and has heaps of credits in the bank.

He's not dean Cox you know😂

The correct possession level which is acceptable is about 7 or 8 apparently
The last time Vardy hit that was before the internet was born... i.e. there's actually no evidence it ever occurred.

Williams should be preferred, absolutely.

I’m defending Vardy from claims he’s the “worst player in the league”, “no better than a statue”, “no better than a random old man” etc.

But for posters incapable of perceiving nuance, that means I think he’s the next Polly Farmer.

And look, here’s exhibit A

6+ Dollars.
The punt is up to $8.50 with PB
West Coast 25+ $26
West Coast 40+ $51

I might take a h2h position. I have been screaming for new blood all year. Now that I’ve got it I’d be remiss not to have a punt. I must admit the + markets are tempting but I can’t see a way.

Vardy is a key forward , unfortunately for him two coaches in his career have failed to play him where he should play. He of course has also failed to live up to his potential And has been hurt by injuries.
Funny enough the best we looked against Freo was the 14 minutes he was at FF when JK was off injured. He actually separated himself from JD which opened up the forward line and surprise surprise we had our best scoring quarter.

Gee that's weird we looked our best when we went down a tall fwd you say?

Vardys only skill is being tall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back