Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainsworth trains with the backs. Reid normally away from the main group. He trained with the main forward groups all of a sudden. Not there because they like his company

But again, what is this based on? I’m assuming sessions are closed given the current climate and the team’s eagerness to hold closed sessions even pre Covid. So what’s the go here?

But again, what is this based on? I’m assuming sessions are closed given the current climate and the team’s eagerness to hold closed sessions even pre Covid. So what’s the go here?
I think he mentioned previously he knows someone at the club.

Either way, he's been pretty accurate with his selections so far I think.

You can still watch from a distance?

tenor.gif

Where did this come from? Do they players actually select the songs or is this a fan having a laugh? I don't recall them playing anything at the games.
If you went to the game vs the Pies you would have been treated to the Venga Bus rolling around the stadium no less than 7 times

If Carlton go in as they were last week, they played 2 tall options up front in McKay and Casboult. Mini Gov was out - not sure if he is over his injury but it makes me think that Schofield would be a better option that Rotham on either of the Blues talls. Who takes the accountable defensive forward role on Docherty? If Hutchings was available, I would probably pick him. Against Geelong, were took almost half the game to stop the charge of the Cats HBF brigade.

Bring on XON. The wet will not bother a Melbourne recruit. Thanks for keeping his place warm Ainsworth.

If you went to the game vs the Pies you would have been treated to the Venga Bus rolling around the stadium no less than 7 times
I was away for that but went for the Cats game. I missed it though, I was too busy cheering and might have thought it was just pop music playing while they showed the replay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what is happening with Treacy. Not even in the conversation for Simmo with Ryan a possible out and with Jones & Petch unavailable. Reid & Ainsworth are the only ones he's considering to replace Ryan. Treacy must be going pretty badly if he's fit but Ainsworth is considered to be a better forward option than him and Simmo & the club doesn't seem to even acknowledge his existence. Simmo saying Reid is close to a debut, so looks like he's definitely in if Ryan doesn't get up

Last edited:
Wonder what is happening with Treacy. Not even in the conversation for Simmo with Ryan a possible out and with Jones & Petch unavailable. Reid & Ainsworth are the only ones he's considering to replace Ryan. Treacy must be going pretty badly if he's fit but Ainsworth is considered to be a better forward option than him and Simmo & the club doesn't seem to even acknowledge his existence. Simmo saying Reid is close to a debut, so he seems to be the only available backup option. A bit worrying that Treacy isn't even getting a look-in.

Yep, I was very happy with us selecting him. Got talent, for sure. Give him a go Simmo.

A wet and slippery game at home is exactly what we need imo, given where the next phase and probably the end of the season is likely to be held.

Given we have guys like NN, Yeo, Kelly and Shuey who can pretty much bully the ball forward, there's no reason we can't be a decent wet weather team.

It's on the coaches to have a plan B to go to that stands up when it's gets slippery. We have the talent.

View attachment 928595

I wonder what the song-list will be for the team this week? Maybe Riders On The Storm would be apt?
Some interesting choices, some clearly suit the player type eg: Duggan! Redden!
Some unlikely or interesting choices eg: Barrass, Sheppard, Sheed.
Some downright funny eg: Kennedy=Venga Boys! :D
The Irony of Ainsworth choosing a Vanilla Ice song. I guess it's good that he's self aware that he's vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back