Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson labelled McGovern more likely than unlikely to play.

“We will see how he goes at Captain’s run on Saturday and if he gets through that I think he might be right to play,” Simpson said.

McGovern still appeared reluctant to punch the ball vigorously during a training session earlier in the week but Simpson said: “I think if he has to do it he can. He has just been avoiding it.

“It’s just something he has got to carry for a little bit. We just have to see how it pulls up after today.

“He got through today. He didn’t go backwards. He is where we thought he would be.”

Tom Barrass of the Eagles shares a moment with Liam Ryan.

Simpson said Ryan’s hamstring was a “concern but nothing major”.

“Nothing came back on the scan. He ran today. He didn’t train but he ran and he got over 30km/h on his running which sort of ticked that off.

“He is another one where we will get to the captain’s run and see how he is going and make a decision then.

“But both of those guys had a positive day and for this time of week we are quite buoyant about it.”

Simmo just said on the radio they will look at the conditions Sunday but will most likely back in the same team as last week.

View attachment 928595

I wonder what the song-list will be for the team this week? Maybe Riders On The Storm would be apt?
Some interesting choices, some clearly suit the player type eg: Duggan! Redden!
Some unlikely or interesting choices eg: Barrass, Sheppard, Sheed.
Some downright funny eg: Kennedy=Venga Boys! :D
Hurn going 'Roxanne' is just further proof that he is somewhere in his mid-50's

Yep recognise Hutch was injured but I'm wondering why he hasn't been even an emergency? Has the game - or younger players - or 'structure' - made him irrelevant?
We don’t have room for him in the midfield anymore given we need to give time to Kelly, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Sheed. Others like Redden, Ah Che, etc have to be able to play another position other than midfield if they want to be in the rotation. Hutchings value is almost entirely based around being a full time mid and tagging. Just no space for that. Hell if we want a tag we just send Yeo to eat someone.

Yep recognise Hutch was injured but I'm wondering why he hasn't been even an emergency? Has the game - or younger players - or 'structure' - made him irrelevant?

This is the first game he is actually available for - as per Simmos latest press conference. He elaborates on that to list around 6-8 players who are available but being held out because we've won 5 in a row without playing many scrimmages for the other boys to push their case. Jetta was on that list, who it's been said is now fitter than he was in the hub.

Because he’s been building match fitness? What would have been the point of listing him in the emergencies if he wasn’t at AFL level fitness?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Ainsworth is doing what he has been asked to do Simmo can't very well drop him.

It's just what he has been asked to do that the rest of us are struggling to understand.
I don’t think he’s suited to the role he’s playing right now. But he’s held his spot for 4 weeks; He’s obviously doing what we want him to.

I’d like to see us give Brayshaw or XON a run, but not worried if we see Ainsworth being a better fit for the role we want played. We will get a chance to see both this year I think. Especially as it will likely be a quick fire end to the H&A fixtures if you listen to the rumours.

Why did Simmo say that hes rolling with the same team as we're on a winning streak?

If we're being honest, a few guys carried the team the past few wins with a number of passengers.

Play Brander ffs, this guy was taken before Ainsworth, Allen,Flying Ryaaan, Tim Kelly,just play him. He's better than Ainsworth at that wing position, at the very least halves the contest and can take a mark.

I would rather play Tom Swift than Ainsworth

Surely nobody actually wants McGovern to play.

Club can't be that dumb. He's going to have a severely diminished impact due to weather as it is, and he's hardly needed in a wet game.

Even more so SURELY Ainsworth is dropped. He's had 11 touches, 0 tackles and some downright awful clangers the past 2 weeks.

Why did Simmo say that hes rolling with the same team as we're on a winning streak?

If we're being honest, a few guys carried the team the past few wins with a number of passengers.

Play Brander ffs, this guy was taken before Ainsworth, Allen,Flying Ryaaan, Tim Kelly,just play him. He's better than Ainsworth at that wing position, at the very least halves the contest and can take a mark.

I would rather play Tom Swift than Ainsworth
Sticking your neck out on that call

Club can't be that dumb. He's going to have a severely diminished impact due to weather as it is, and he's hardly needed in a wet game.

Even more so SURELY Ainsworth is dropped. He's had 11 touches, 0 tackles and some downright awful clangers the past 2 weeks.
I want him to play if he’s right. Have to trust the medical team on that call (past history aside). Should be a no risk policy though

I totally agree on both points.

Why would you play your most important player carrying a broken thumb in atrocious conditions that will nullify his most important asset - intercept marking.

Simmo said Hutch, Jetts, Vardy, Hickey etc are all waiting in queue - they're victims of not enough match practise due to the covid set up, and as such are finding it difficult to earn their spot or push back into the team, which is currently playing well....
Also said Cameron is playing his role, even though his form is down...(so this might apply to others-Ainsworth etc?)...but Reid was knocking on the door...and/or they could play an extra mid forward if need be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back