Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ffs was hoping forecast would change from early in the week. At least it's a 7 day break after this and 8 days before
Freo/Hawks game on Monday night looks to be a wet slog as well, so thankfully both us and Hawthorn should be at the same potential disadvantage next week. We have the extra day break too which could come in handy.

Forecast is changing. MetEye now shows wind from the north at 2:00. Would probably mean a dry first quarter. Winds are NW by 5 so rain will arrive sometime between 2 and 5.
Fast start really needed this week if that forecast is correct.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Forecast is changing. MetEye now shows wind from the north at 2:00. Would probably mean a dry first quarter. Winds are NW by 5 so rain will arrive sometime between 2 and 5.
Fast start really needed this week if that forecast is correct.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep. Don't want to be further back than a couple of kicks when the rain rolls in.

I'm not worried, we've been surprisingly good in the rain the last couple of years. It's the greasy conditions that seem to bring us unstuck.

Killed Freo last year, beat Hawthorn in the wet. I expect Cameron to shine, Ryan, Shuey, and Nic are all good in a deluge. And, I reckon Duggan in his current form will be great in the contest too.

I'm not worried, we've been surprisingly good in the rain the last couple of years. It's the greasy conditions that seem to bring us unstuck.

Killed Freo last year, beat Hawthorn in the wet. I expect Cameron to shine, Ryan, Shuey, and Nic are all good in a deluge. And, I reckon Duggan in his current form will be great in the contest too.
Yeah that’s a good point actually. The greasy conditions only ever happen in one state too so you end up playing one of the two home teams who know the conditions back to front and we get pumped as a result. Same reason we can’t win at the SCG, it’s the complete opposite of how we want to play while Sydney have a gameplan built around clogging up the ground.

I’d expect a wet game at Optus to be (hopefully) different to these two things. It’s still likely going to be a slog based on previous results against Carlton and the obvious wet weather but it’s slightly different to being ambushed by a team that is well versed in one of our weaknesses (QLD teams in the humidity or Sydney on a smaller ground).

Yeah wouldn't mind seeing Duggan adding Cripps to his list of 'Campaigners to put on the floor'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst we lost in the end, we also ran Richmond close at the G and were coming home strong.

Would be HILARIOUS if the rain held over until monday.

That would be lucky
The bureau obviously know better than i . In the last few hours a bunch of moisture from up north is being dragged down that didnt look obvious to my amateur satellite imagery forecasting thinking just a westerly was coming . Guess they knew this would happen even a week ahead .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back