Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Carlton round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schoey did make a comment at the start of the last podcast something along the lines of Allen was the only player or something like that. I wonder if he had been told by Simmo he's done after the last suspension.
He was always going to be depth this year. As in deeper depth than he was in 2019 which was deeper depth than 2018.
With the emergence of Rotham and now Edwards it will take some serious list of injuries and/or form loss to get a game.

But all credit to him. He really seems to know his limitations, his place in the pecking and his role in the squad. To be honest, the perfect club guy and if he doesn't win clubman of the year I'll be amazed.

Schoey is the ultimate clubman. Hes also depth most clubs dream of. Rotham is a smart play this week.

Very glad he will retire a premiership player.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whilst we lost in the end, we also ran Richmond close at the G and were coming home strong.
We were four goals up at quarter time, about to sew up a top four spot at the expense of Richmond when the rain came. We once agaun couldn't handle the conditions, blew the game and our premiership defence. Obviously the Blues are no Richmond but really hope the weather stays away today.

We were four goals up at quarter time, about to sew up a top four spot at the expense of Richmond when the rain came. We once agaun couldn't handle the conditions, blew the game and our premiership defence. Obviously the Blues are no Richmond but really hope the weather stays away today.
Richmond came back before the rain came.

That story gets spread so much people think it is fact.

This is how I remember it as well. Had the ball on a string until the rain came and we turned to garbage.

Look we need to handle the wet conditions, with players like Yeo, Kelly, Shuey, SHeed there is enough class to play in any conditions, there are no more excuses

Look we need to handle the wet conditions, with players like Yeo, Kelly, Shuey, SHeed there is enough class to play in any conditions, there are no more excuses
When I say I'm s**t at making money, I should be obscenely wealthy by now, it's not an excuse it's reality.

Richmond were coming back before it rained heavily (I was there). In the heavy rain (part way through the 3rd quarter until the end) Richmond kicked 7 goals to our 5. We did just fine against a team that is built for the rain (chaos ball etc).

On the train on the way home, I had four different Tigers fans tell me that they feared WC in the GF on a dry day more than anyone else. And that they couldn't believe we made it as close as we did in the driving rain.

You may still be right though. Our experience in the hub this year makes me wonder if it is actually greasy conditions we struggle most with. Once it is properly wet, we are ok, if it is dry, we are great. In between, not so much...

Richmond were coming back before it rained heavily (I was there). In the heavy rain (part way through the 3rd quarter until the end) Richmond kicked 7 goals to our 5. We did just fine against a team that is built for the rain (chaos ball etc).

On the train on the way home, I had four different Tigers fans tell me that they feared WC in the GF on a dry day more than anyone else. And that they couldn't believe we made it as close as we did in the driving rain.

You may still be right though. Our experience in the hub this year makes me wonder if it is actually greasy conditions we struggle most with. Once it is properly wet, we are ok, if it is dry, we are great. In between, not so much...

6 f'n points and I think it was Reiwoldt with the last goal?

Bitter pill was bitter.

Win that game and I reckon we would have gone btb despite the Willy wobble we would have had.

It's a game of extremely small margins when it comes to winning a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 f'n points and I think it was Reiwoldt with the last goal?

Bitter pill was bitter.

Win that game and I reckon we would have gone btb despite the Willy wobble we would have had.

It's a game of extremely small margins when it comes to winning a flag.
It was our Port game from 2018, in reverse.

We lost it, found ourselves out of top 4, then had The Willie wobble right before the semi, away from home.

If we had made top 4, we would have played that semi at home; or had a week off to prepare for a game without Willie if we had won the qualifying final.

Small margins, as you say.

I can sleep at night losing to Richmond at the G that late in the season, but I still haven’t worked out how we lost to Hawthorn. That was mentally weak.

We spent all our petrol tickets + Clarko loves to rain on other sides parades. He derives sustenance from ruining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back