Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs North Melbourne round 18 @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

So Williams to give Nic Nat a good bit of help, rather than getting owned in the Allen vs Goldstein minutes.

Schofield covers Gov from last week, no taller down back than our normal setup.

Waterman will be running the wing, Allen can stay home a little more, get to see Foley.

Disappointed about Exxon but all in all I’m very content with that list.

Allen as a forward; NN and Bailey to share ruck (keeping NN's mins down). Two talls out, one tall in.

Think you are on the ball for this

+Waterman to spend more time on a wing / pinch hitting down back

Land of the giants mk20

I think mathematically it is, but surely also functionally it’s a smaller side.

Sheed, Ah Chee and Foley all play small-mid.

The only tall brought in is Williams, but at the expense of Gov. Trading Brander for any one of the ins makes us smaller.

Here's how we're named...

FB: Cole Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn Schofield Duggan
C: Nelson Sheed Waterman
HF: Ah Chee Darling Petruccelle
FF: Allen Kennedy Ryan
R: Naitanui Kelly Gaff
I: Foley Williams Ainsworth Rotham

E: Brander O'Neill Cameron Edwards

Kinda disappointed to see Cole & Duggan back in defence - but 2 defenders on the bench so they can still play through there.
Cole especially I'd like to see a 4th consecutive goal.

Do we see a Cameron late in? And I wonder if Shep could be a late out for a rest.

I would have thought we’d be looking to get as many games as we can into XON, especially in a game where we can carry a few passengers. Wonder if he’s got a niggle.

Bit surprised by Foley inclusion, hard to know really if he's develpped this year or not. Reports last year, he was struggling in the WAFL. Weird he took Branders spot too.

Sad to see XON omitted but barring any further injuries he was going to be omitted first week of finals anyway. And I am sure he is a very sore boy after playing his first 5 games of senior footy in an 18 day stretch.

The case to retain Ainsworth over XON due to his newfound tagging abilities is fine with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allen’s form has been down for a long time now so one can only hope he turns it around tomorrow night or he might be watching the finals from the stands.
2 snags last week from a young tall who is also rucking 20% of the time is hardly poor

Here's how we're named...

FB: Cole Barrass Sheppard
HB: Hurn Schofield Duggan
C: Nelson Sheed Waterman
HF: Ah Chee Darling Petruccelle
FF: Allen Kennedy Ryan
R: Naitanui Kelly Gaff
I: Foley Williams Ainsworth Rotham

E: Brander O'Neill Cameron Edwards

Kinda disappointed to see Cole & Duggan back in defence - but 2 defenders on the bench so they can still play through there.

Duggan was named at half-back last week and Cole was named on the bench, Nelson named on the wing both weeks but didn't play there last week, it doesn't mean much.

I reckon Foley plays permanently in defence replacing McGovern, with Barrass playing Gov's role and Schofield taking the number 1 forward (Larkey I guess).

Duggan stays midfield, Cole stays on the wing. Sheed replaces O'Neill in midfield, Ah Chee replaces Brayshaw who played almost exclusively forward. Allen plays as a high-roaming forward replacing Brander, with Williams shifting into the backup ruck role.

O'Neill and Brander very unlucky.

5 games in 18 days is enough for a rest, but didn’t get enough of it in last couple of games to demand Selection. Unlucky but fresher players coming back

as for brander, dropped chest marks, lacking of marking presence or tackling makes it pretty clear that an actual midfielder will play midfield better than him, given what should be his strengths, aren’t.

we are wasting our time trying to attempt to make him a mid fielder. Put some muscle on, develop some power, learn to lead and mark and stay forward. If there’s 4 better forwards than you, keep improving or go to Defence. Not being mean or bagging, but he’s not a midfielder, never has been and never will be

5 games in 18 days is enough for a rest, but didn’t get enough of it in last couple of games to demand Selection. Unlucky but fresher players coming back

as for brander, dropped chest marks, lacking of marking presence or tackling makes it pretty clear that an actual midfielder will play midfield better than him, given what should be his strengths, aren’t.

we are wasting our time trying to attempt to make him a mid fielder. Put some muscle on, develop some power, learn to lead and mark and stay forward. If there’s 4 better forwards than you, keep improving or go to Defence. Not being mean or bagging, but he’s not a midfielder, never has been and never will be
Brander reminds me of whatisname Watts, gun junior footballer but lacking the pysical intensity to mix it with the big boys.

I think Brander has shown he has a future at AFL Level given his athleticism and skills level. See his future as part of the JK replacement Plan, though a different player but he has time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back