Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs St Kilda round 17 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Hickey has to be an out. I would like a stat for hit outs to disadvantage. He showed a knack of hitting to a 2 on 3 contest.

Oscar was has not delivered since returning.

In NicNat and Williams
Out Hickey and Allen

In Hurn
Out Rotham

Out Hutch

As for the other changes - surely Brayshaw gets a game. If not, he might as well start packing his bags as poor XON looked cooked and Ainsworth was his usual.

I rate Allen but agree Bailey would be a better backup to Nic Nat.

out:Allen, Hutchings,Hickey
In Bailey , Bradshaw, Nic Nat

lets win it from 8th

lose to stk and nth

Simmos plan

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Win the North game, finish 5th/6th, play a final in Perth first week. Three weeks in Perth for the players would be a good mental refresher. Then hit the last three weeks hard in QLD to grind out a grand final win.

Are you serious? He had an okay first quarter and then was pretty useless after that. He stands at the back of packs flat footed. He should have been running hard at the end of the match not getting outmarked by English.
Yeah he's no world beater but he takes a few marks, contests taps well enough and follows up his work, what else do you expect for a second stringer. He's had some great games for WCE in the past, and this was his first back for a long time. Agreed that he can be flat footed at times but if that's your main criticism then he's no orphan there.

Out: Hutchings (stuffed), Hickey, Jetta, Gov if injured
In: Hurn, Naitanui, Cameron, Edwards for Gov

B: Hurn, Barrass, Sheppard
HB: Cole, McEdwards, Nelson
C: Gaff, Kelly, Duggan
HF: Waterman, Darling, XON
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Ah Chee
R: NicNat, Sheed, Redden
I: Rotham, Allen, Ainsworth, Cameron
E: Williams, Jetta, Reid, Brayshaw

Duggan and Cole to split a wing, that seemed to work alright. Pleasantly surprised by Ainsworth’s game, disposal was neat and he kept Daniel quiet after halftime. Think he’s got a role as a mid-forward this week, splitting with O’Neill.

Get Cameron into the side and up to the pace of AFL for finals. That means no room for Jetta, experiment as a forward hasn’t really paid off.

Would consider Williams for Allen against the Saints’ ruck duo.

Edit: not really sure why I dropped Jetta. Let me work out how to get Cameron in the team a different way.

Last edited:
In: Nic Nat, Hurn, Cameron
Out: Hickey, Hutch (inj), Ainsworth (was fine and played the various roles he was given but I know what he is and we don't need it)

Need some more dynamism inside 50. A creative goal sneak who can give us something from nothing. Cameron might well give us absolutely nothing, but the ceiling is higher than some of the other guys in the side. Edwards for Gov if needed.

In: Nic Nat, Hurn, Cameron
Out: Hickey, Hutch (ink), Ainsworth (was fine and played the various roles he was given but I know what he is and we don't need it)

Need some more dynamism inside 50. A creative goal sneak who can give us something from nothing. Cameron might well give us absolutely nothing, but the ceiling is higher than some of the other guys in the side.

When Cameron is on, he's really creative and surprisingly difficult for the oppo to handle. He can also kick straight.
In his off games, he can lay a tackle better than anyone in the side. Something sorely lacking in recent games. His judgement is usually off a maybe a bit slow with moving the ball on.

He's a definite chance and someone who can crumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi wtf is with Ainsworth. Apart from his MOTY in the first quarter, he sucks.

To be fair he locked down Daniels in the second half and kept him quiet

Outs: Hutchings, Allen, Hickey, O'Neill
Ins: Naitanui, Williams, Hurn, Brayshaw

If McGovern is injured bring in Edwards

Seeing what Ryan and Jetta did tonight would love us to find a spot for Cameron

Hickey out for sure, either for Naitanui or even Williams.

Might need some help with this lack of pressure. Petruccelle can provide it, but not for a full game, and then he can barely tackle when he does run someone down.

I really don't know what the answer is. Get the whole team to have tackling practice with Yeo and Cameron please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back