Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs St Kilda round 17 @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, Yeo was playing AA quality stuff off the half back line. If he was still playing there he'd have more AA jackets IMO.

His 2017 season was still arguably the best of his career. His Arial prowess and explosiveness seems to have disappeared since his mid move.

Instead we've got a contested bull and tackling machine, which i'm sure we'd all happily take as a trade off, considering it's our weakest line.

Either way the bloke is a gun, and would excel in ANY position.

In: Naitanui, Hurn, Williams, Cameron, Brander
Out: Hutchings, Redden, Allen, Hickey, O’Neill

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Nelson McGovern Cole
Duggan Sheed Gaff
Jetta Darling Waterman
Ryan Kennedy Cameron
Naitanui Kelly Ainsworth

AhChee Rotham Brander Williams

Duggan / Brander to patrol the wings and Ainsworth/ AhChee to help out in the guts

No confidence going into this one. Team is out on its feet and can hardly put enough blokes on the park at the wrong end of the year.

Redden is out and most likely Gov. Hurn and Nic will come in (well maybe not Nic...gotta sell that "sore back" narrative that contributed to the Dogs loss).

Anyone else named as an IN is just shuffling deckchairs around.

Well, we're scraping the barrel now. A rag-tag patched together team of many newbies with little chemistry. Our away form is 3-5 and doesn't bode well for finals even if we get there against serious firepower. It's beginning to look like a train wreck waiting to happen.
If this game is anything like the last one with Saints no.6 there's every chance we get rolled again. Like the Dogs, the Saints can smell the chum in the water, lots of weaknesses to exploit.
I blow a trumpet for Duggan because I enjoy his bravado and his cavalier attitude - but I admit playing him in the mid is an unknown, although he is probably the 'gruntiest' available.
Sheed, Gaff, Kelly -wow. Kelly needs to go ballistic.
Miracles can happen, look at the Liberal/Clive Palmer elections!?
C'arn Eagles!

No confidence going into this one. Team is out on its feet and can hardly put enough blokes on the park at the wrong end of the year.

Redden is out and most likely Gov. Hurn and Nic will come in (well maybe not Nic...gotta sell that "sore back" narrative that contributed to the Dogs loss).

Doubt there’s any selling of the narrative, Simpson said it would’ve been negligent to play him in all five games over 19 days and that he’d be back for the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Redden out and yet another short turnaround you'd think that's probably curtains for the season.

Really hope I'm wrong and we manage to dig deep and find something but unfortunately the injuries and (rigged) fixture look to be a bridge too far.

Hopefully we get everyone back for finals and then, given extraordinary nature of this topsy turvy season, we can do some damage.

Allen has been well below his best the last 2 months but the run of injuries will see him remain in the 22.

Out: redden, hutchings, hickey, gov
IN: cameron, some random mid, nic, Scofield.

Jetta/ahchee to rotate in the mid

Gaff to be the LWBBMBWBLF with those god awful screw kicks around the body to absolutely no one.

So looking like...
Out: Hutch (inj), Redden (inj), Gov (inj), Sheed (inj)

In- whoever we have left that can fvking walk.

Simpson needs to pull out the coaching performance of his life here. Need to sell the inexperienced players their dreams of finals, who wants to play when the big boys get back? Show us what you’ve got.

Finishing 5th and doing a Western Bulldogs type finals run might actually be the best thing for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back