Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs St Kilda round 17 @ The Gabba

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Schoey on membrey would be a good match up for us . Membrey plays much taller than the 188cms he is listed and often out marks his medium forward opponent.

It wouldn't surprise me if we had late outs . 4 day break they are probably giving guys up to the 90min mark before the game to get up

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This is definately not the game to buggering around with our defense, we need all soldiers on deck for the siege to come. Our midfield is going to get beaten but we can still win if 1) we win enough clean possession off our halfbackline and 2) provided our forwards make the most of limited opportunities. This is a game where we need to hold St Kilda to something less than 50 points and hope for 3 or 4 Nic special center square clearances converted directly into goals. I predict there's going to be a lot of time wasting possession in our back half, kicking back and sideways and it will be frustrating to watch but I feel there's method to it.

Last edited:

Jupes

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
fingers crossed we can get our rebound game going out of the backline because it's going to be a flooded mess down their most of the time i imagine. hurn and nic massive ins purely on game iq. pls pls pls no more injuries and especially no runners. losing hutch early was a massive blow v the dogs. kinda crazy that this game feels like we're some cellar dweller side just happy to see something out of the kids. meanwhile we've been premiership faves most of the year and come finals when hopefully nearly everyone comes back i think we're a realistic shot of at least making a prelim.

fingers crossed we can get our rebound game going out of the backline because it's going to be a flooded mess down their most of the time i imagine. hurn and nic massive ins purely on game iq. pls pls pls no more injuries and especially no runners. losing hutch early was a massive blow v the dogs. kinda crazy that this game feels like we're some cellar dweller side just happy to see something out of the kids. meanwhile we've been premiership faves most of the year and come finals when hopefully nearly everyone comes back i think we're a realistic shot of at least making a prelim.

Yeo groin, Shuey hammies. These guys aren't going to dominate when they get back, they will have lost a shitload of conditioning.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo groin, Shuey hammies. These guys aren't going to dominate when they get back, they will have lost a shitload of conditioning.
Yeo for sure. Shuey's good enough to slip back in pretty seamlessly I reckon. Yeo will be so underdone though, good news is he will probably get back to his best by the GF.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo for sure. Shuey's good enough to slip back in pretty seamlessly I reckon. Yeo will be so underdone though, good news is he will probably get back to his best by the GF.

Id get Yeo to play as defensive mid & just tackle tackle to start and leave the bursting from congestion to Shuey & Kelly.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

It would be good for Yeo to play next week and get a game under his belt. Then he has two weeks to try and make up some ground.

If we do finish 5th, perhaps it might work in our favour. The bye gives time for Kelly/Gaff etc to recover from the slog, and the easier oppo first up gives Yeo/Shuey a game to find their groove.

Obviously top 4 would be a good result, but there may be some silver linings.

Back