Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masto was a pretty genuine accumulator when played as a true winger. Even on the HFF. That defensive winger role is absolute trash. Hard to judge anyone on disposals when their primary role is to be on the opposite side of the ground to the action.
Actually really like this idea come finals time if Hedwards keeps coming on & we don't want to ruck Oscar 👍
Bring everyone back.

TK, Shuey, McGovern, McKinley, Sheppard, McNamara.

Get our best team out on the park and use the home crowd's astmosphere to flog these rugby style plebs. Hopefully Luke Darcy commentates again.
Don’t forget Sean King and Paul Mifka.

Oscars two worst injuries this year have come going for contested marks in the fwd line.

A couple of ruck contests a game isn't much worse than getting bashed into by defenders all game. So overstated the "don't let him get banged up in the ruck" narrative
Exactly what I have seen in the past, he flies at the ball like a mad man and it's way and above rucking as far as risk of injury goes, but I wouldn't ask him to change his attack on the ball. He's not likely to get beaten up in the ruck, especially if supported by the likes of Darling/Gov/Barrass or whoever in their respective 50m arcs.

Ruckman are always getting leg injuries. I dont want Oscar rucking at centre bounces too often.
Yes, ruckmen get leg injuries, but how many of them are from centre bounces?

The PCL risk is higher, maybe corkies, but it would be interesting to see how many injuries are incurred at centre bounces (for instance neither of Nic's ACL injuries was at a CB).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The PCL risk is higher, maybe corkies, but it would be interesting to see how many injuries are incurred at centre bounces (for instance neither of Nic's ACL injuries was at a CB).

you underestimate the effect of the extra load.

more TOG, potentially higher intensity minutes on ground.

S+C guys see this monitor and restrict his training. less training = less gains and less ability to prepare.

seems insignificant but adds up over the season(s)

Used to be a major issue prior to the circle being added. Now it’s just getting bashed by blokes that are normally 10-15kg heavier.

I'd throw McGovern in the ruck for 30% of the game instead of Oscar every day of the week.

As already mentioned, fatboy is getting injured regardless, his form hasn't been AA worthy for a long while, and seriously what's the worst that could happen?

With Edwards and Barrass holding the fort so well along with Rotham recently, McGovern could very well upset the apple cart.

I consider Oscar to be more important to the team than McGovern at this point, and Gov might actually do very well pinch hitting.

Gov was pretty good in the ruck a few years ago so I wouldn't be against that. Hell share it around just to mix it up and be unpredictable when Nic isn't in there.

Just keep the tall/small balance we've had the last two weeks. If we go the 3 talls up fwd, we simply don't have the room for a dedicated 2nd ruckman aswell imo.

And the point still stands that waaay too much is made of the injury risk to the 2nd ruck. 5 or so centre bounces isn't going to pose a significantly greater risk than the extra marking contests a KP would have in the fwd/backline.

Who covers for Gov while he is rucking?

Swing Oscar back?

Leave Barrass/Rotham/Edwards to do a rotation? Rotham pushes up to the wing once Gov goes back into defense etc etc.

Not sure. Just feel i'd rather risk an injury to McGovern as backup with the defense coverage we have than Oscar as i think he's more important now.

It's not just that, McGovern might excel in the role, marking prowess would be handy :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swing Oscar back?

Leave Barrass/Rotham/Edwards to do a rotation? Rotham pushes up to the wing once Gov goes back into defense etc etc.

Not sure. Just feel i'd rather risk an injury to McGovern as backup with the defense coverage we have than Oscar as i think he's more important now.

It's not just that, McGovern might excel in the role, marking prowess would be handy :shrug:
I think he needs to be set up behind the ball to use his intercept skills. Otherwise he's just a fat guy chasing after people.

I'd lean more towards a 3 man split while Naitanui is on the bench, with Darling, Allen and Gov sharing the duties dependant on field position.

Allen can take the centre of the ground as it allows him to set up for the intercept mark or the long kick out of d50 depending on which way the ball is travelling, without tracking the ball into the 50m arcs just to attend a boundary throw in.

Bring everyone back.

TK, Shuey, McGovern, McKinley, Sheppard, McNamara.

Get our best team out on the park and use the home crowd's astmosphere to flog these rugby style plebs. Hopefully Luke Darcy commentates again.

Can someone please find vision of McNamara running the wrong way with the footy and kicking it to Shannon Byrnes in our backline. I can picture it vividly in my head but it's been a while.

Maybe we should just sack McGovern altogether? Clearly he's no good now and is just holding Harry back.

Sorry Turbo, your credits are no good here.

A big difference between OAllen and Gov rucking is that Gov is better at the body work at stoppages whereas OA does get pushed aside a bit. The best thing to come out of all this is that our depth increases and pressure builds for spots.Rioli is looking at finals [Petrol look out ].ONeill and Edwards havent looked out of place in the middle so Sheed and Reddan need to be up and about.Its great!
Im thinking of running a poll on how many times Libber throws the ball ! Surely the Umps must be on to him by now??

A big difference between OAllen and Gov rucking is that Gov is better at the body work at stoppages whereas OA does get pushed aside a bit. The best thing to come out of all this is that our depth increases and pressure builds for spots.Rioli is looking at finals [Petrol look out ].ONeill and Edwards havent looked out of place in the middle so Sheed and Reddan need to be up and about.Its great!
Im thinking of running a poll on how many times Libber throws the ball ! Surely the Umps must be on to him by now??
Maybe a Libba throwing drinking game

Ummm

Anyone get the feeling that Williams is coming back in to ruck with Oscar staying up forward ....even with the weather reckon they might go tall

Ummm

Anyone get the feeling that Williams is coming back in to ruck with Oscar staying up forward ....even with the weather reckon they might go tall
Williams to second ruck and Allen to third tall with Waterman out works for me.

In: Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard, Williams
Out: Nelson, Langdon(suspect MC will drop Jones instead), HEdwards, Cole(stiff), Waterman

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Rotham McGovern Duggan
Redden Sheed Gaff
Cripps Darling Shuey
Allen Kennedy Ryan

Naitanui, Yeo, Kelly

Williams, Foley, LEdwards, Jones/Langdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back