Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else think we are rating our performance against Richmond a bit too highly? Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome game and a great win with the players we had out but there was still a heap of improvement left in that game. If our best performance of the year is only good enough to beat a non-full strength Richmond by less than a goal at home then I am concerned.
You can rate the performance very highly, including thinking its the best performance of the year while acknowledging that we are capable of much much better once everyone is back and in form.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else think we are rating our performance against Richmond a bit too highly? Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome game and a great win with the players we had out but there was still a heap of improvement left in that game. If our best performance of the year is only good enough to beat a non-full strength Richmond by less than a goal at home then I am concerned.

One of our best wins in 2006 was against wooden spooners Carlton:

Q1 WCE 3.3 (21)
Q1 CAR 6.2 (38)

Q2 WCE 5.6 (36)
Q2 CAR 9.8 (62)

Q3 WCE 8.11 (59)
Q3 CAR 13.10 (88)

Q4 WCE 16.15 (111)
Q4 CAR 15.11 (101)

Chad in Vegas

All Australian
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
How can you give Richmond the benefit of "non full strength" yet don't do the same for West Coast?
Come on dude...

Eagles beat them with half a WAFL side.

Good point, except for the fact that I did acknowledge it;

The players we had out is a big reason why it was a great win. The other reason is that JK is sexy as *. Great win, good effort but not our best performance of the year. In my opinion; the loss to the Dogs was a better 'performance' (our win against Port was our best performance of the year to date).

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast

Was evenly matched with ours and their outs one would think.

Shuey, Kelly, Go, Shep - Prestia, Lynch, Astubury...

flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Reckon we will back in the experience in this must win game on the line season defining do or die match.
If fit and ready, particularly with the weeks rest to those that have been playing, the stars will return.

+ Shoo - Foley
+ Kelly - Xon
+ Gov - Hedw
+ Witho - Nelson
+ Shep - Cole/Jones

Sub - Nelson/Cole/JJ

What a 22 we will have.

Need Whacky-Jack to ninja flip around and bag some snags this game, been quiet!?

Hopefully the break has given Jack time to recover properly and reset for a big second half of the year. Looked a bit tired and frustrated the last few games and a bit of the un-appealing, appealing for free kicks snuck into his game.

I reckon he will dominate this week.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Reckon we will back in the experience in this must win game on the line season defining do or die match.
If fit and ready, particularly with the weeks rest to those that have been playing, the stars will return.

+ Shoo - Foley
+ Kelly - Xon
+ Gov - Hedw
+ Witho - Nelson
+ Shep - Cole/Jones

Sub - Nelson/Cole/JJ

What a 22 we will have.
Id be quite happy to see Rotham out.Cole is much harder at the contest.Rotham dithers and is a bit scratchy under pressure.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Dare I say it.......season on the line?

But seriously, if we are any chance of Top 4 this year we simply have to win this one. Everything has lined up in our favour: getting nearly a full list back on the park, coming off a bye, Dogs have just come off a slog and will likely have to sit in their hotel for a week before even getting to pull their boots on.

If we dont win then this week will go down as one of the greatest wins in the Bulldog's club history.
I just dont see west coast losing another game at optus

its the hardest road trip in footy

Its twice the distance from victoria to wa and back as it is the other way round

im dermott brereton, the biggest dickhead on earth.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty minimal seats left for this game. I thought it would be the opposite given Sunday game and the weather.

Jumped on about an hour after GA went on sale and there was only a few scattered spots of 2 together left so you can imagine my disappointment when I was after 3. :'(

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty minimal seats left for this game. I thought it would be the opposite given Sunday game and the weather.

Jumped on about an hour after GA went on sale and there was only a few scattered spots of 2 together left so you can imagine my disappointment when I was after 3. :'(

You'll get 3 together very easily if the rain hits.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Its twice the distance from victoria to wa and back as it is the other way round
The nullarbor is a strange and mythical place. Not only is it twice as far to go from east to west but those who live on the western side of it are magnificent superior specimens, and the chicks are all hotter.

Nov 10, 2008
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham
I think, to extend Shuey's career, he should play a lot more time on the HFF. I think we all want to see him breaking lines through the midfield but I'm worried his legs aren't up to it anymore for a full game.

I think it's a bit fanciful to expect him to start in the middle with Yeo and Kelly for the rest of the season

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast

1:20 game probably helps, too.

Big guns likely back, a good match and another chance to highlight how Perth could give the league a late afternoon GF for the eastern states broadcasters but yet still have a day game and a sellout crowd. ;)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

Q1 WCE 3.3 (21)
Q1 CAR 6.2 (38)

Q2 WCE 5.6 (36)
Q2 CAR 9.8 (62)

Q3 WCE 8.11 (59)
Q3 CAR 13.10 (88)

Q4 WCE 16.15 (111)
Q4 CAR 15.11 (101)
I was in Melbourne that weekend. I remember being so pissed off when I saw we were 40 points down so I got on the train and headed back to my cousins place where I was staying and by the time I got back I turned the radio on in time for Embleys mark in the square. The radio was shaking it was that loud!

Unreal.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

its_dave

Senior List
May 10, 2012
SW
AFL Club
West Coast
Schuey in for Langdon
Shepard in for Nelson

Only two changes. Not too keen to change the good working teams of last two weeks

McGovern and Kelly back through WAFL

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I think, to extend Shuey's career, he should play a lot more time on the HFF. I think we all want to see him breaking lines through the midfield but I'm worried his legs aren't up to it anymore for a full game.

I think it's a bit fanciful to expect him to start in the middle with Yeo and Kelly for the rest of the season
No chance Simmo will do that, and Shuey won't want to be conservative either. Sadly it might take another injury to force that to happen.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I was in Melbourne that weekend. I remember being so pissed off when I saw we were 40 points down so I got on the train and headed back to my cousins place where I was staying and by the time I got back I turned the radio on in time for Embleys mark in the square. The radio was shaking it was that loud!

Unreal.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
That was the first game I ever saw live. I had only just moved to Perth from the country and wasn’t a member but got tickets through work. It was a pretty incredible first game to attend.

its_dave

Senior List
May 10, 2012
SW
AFL Club
West Coast
How people can be thinking about resting or managing players in this important game is baffling.

Both shuey and Kelly in. Season on the line here on out. We are not in position where our spot is sown up
Every game is important . Do you have important and unimportant games?

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldn’t rest any best 22 players, but I am concerned we will have too many players on restricted minutes. We’ve already seen how that turns out.
Who's going to be on restricted minutes?

- Yeo should be off restrictions now given the games he's played, plus the week off.
- Shep won't be given he's barely missed anytime.
- McGovern can be managed in the back half without too many worries, he's always conserved energy by zoning off.

Shuey and Kelly (if he plays), are the two who will likely be on minute restrictions. Think you have to risk that with their quality.

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Q1 WCE 3.3 (21)
Q1 CAR 6.2 (38)

Q2 WCE 5.6 (36)
Q2 CAR 9.8 (62)

Q3 WCE 8.11 (59)
Q3 CAR 13.10 (88)

Q4 WCE 16.15 (111)
Q4 CAR 15.11 (101)

Week after the Cats comeback game as well from memory, two weeks of almost heart attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back