Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch him get 25+ possies 5+ tackles 10+ CP's 6+ I50's and a goal.
AND watch him NOT GET an RS nom because someone else takes a couple of speccys and kicks a couple of goals with 10 possies.
Given the number of mids ahead of him in the queue, more likely expect him to have a dozen possies off the half forward flank playing 50% TOG. 🥺

Yeah agreed, there'll always be a quiet game from one or two players, that's the nature of footy, just good to have more than one genuine matchwinner in there for a change. We've recently really relied on a single player (one of Kelly Yeo or Shuey solo) to break the game open from in there, makes it easier to shut us down when our avenue is too obvious.

There'll inevitably be a few games where a players output at least stats wise seems lessened but am hoping that'll mostly be because each player is being asked to shoulder a little less of the load - it'll only be a good thing for the team if say Sheed has a 'down game' of 15-20 possessions because it's going through Shuey and Kelly more, and those 15-20 possessions are piercing kicks into the forward 50 with the benefit of less attention rather than flat-footed handballs under pressure.

Hoping Gaff is played more as that traditional winger/outside sweeper where his best seasons have come from. There'll probably just be two of Shuey Yeo and Kelly starting centre at any one point, they'll all need a bit of time off, get all three of them in at crunch time but focus on maintaining more of a balance. Redden and Sheed to fill in that last midfield spot, with Redden in when Yeo isn't as the defensive mid and Sheed in when Kelly or Shuey aren't in as the first receive mid. Redden can tag whilst still winning contested and linkup ball and Sheed can play wing/double up on the Gaff role when it suits also.

Sheed, Shuey and Kelly to spend stints as high HFFs and the last wing spot raffled between the main mids and a forward or back flanker like Jones, Ryan, Nelson, Duggan when he returns etc. Starting to get excited about the balance, hopefully can keep the wins ticking over as the players get used to it.
Every game now is crunch time.

How I predict it...

Gov for HEdwards
Shep for Foley
Shuey for Waterman (to sub)
Kelly for Nelson

Makes the bench Langdon, LEdwards, JJ, Rotham, (Waterman sub).

Could quite easily see Nelson keep his spot for Langdon or JJ though for a potential shut-down job.
Vardy would've been a chance with a better forecast or if Stef Martin made it up.
Petch unlucky as he was in good form before his hammy - but wouldn't be disappointed if he comes in for Langdon or JJ.

Very very tough calls this week.

With all the quality ins , I would like to hold Shuey out for another week or 2 .. The risk in a high intensity fast game as his first game back mmm I would prefer to hold him back especially if it’s cold and wet day ..

Which will no doubt be worse weather next week in Geelong...

With all the quality ins , I would like to hold Shuey out for another week or 2 .. The risk in a high intensity fast game as his first game back mmm I would prefer to hold him back especially if it’s cold and wet day ..
Either he's fit or he's not, we can't hold him out forever. Looked fit in the WAFL, so he plays.

How I predict it...

Gov for HEdwards
Shep for Foley
Shuey for Waterman (to sub)
Kelly for Nelson

Makes the bench Langdon, LEdwards, JJ, Rotham, (Waterman sub).

Could quite easily see Nelson keep his spot for Langdon or JJ though for a potential shut-down job.
Vardy would've been a chance with a better forecast or if Stef Martin made it up.
Petch unlucky as he was in good form before his hammy - but wouldn't be disappointed if he comes in for Langdon or JJ.

Very very tough calls this week.

So not that far off, with the exception of Waterman keeping his spot. He's definitely AFL-quality, so not mad.

INS: Shep, Gov, TK, Shuey, Petch
OUTS: Foley, HEdwards, Nelson, JJ, Langdon, X

Sub to be Langdon/JJ/Nelson/Vardy

With Nelson dropped I suspect Facebook will crash.

Waterman survived the cut, suspect the brigade of people who need something to complain about will turn their focus to him.

Feeling quite confident. Hopefully it's not misplaced. At home and close to full strength, no excuses. Win and we're some hope of top 4. Lose and we can kiss it goodbye. And it'll show we're just not good enough.

Qu
This one a bit hard. We do struggle in wet weather. Last year against port in the wet we got thrashed. Thus year in dry conditions we thrashed them. This is a danger game. But if we can prove we can play wet weather we can be contenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who’s concerned that bringing in the same old guys who have been playing in cruise mode since the flag win in 2018, will take us back to our 4th quarter fade outs and lack of intensity that we had before the youth was brought in?

Shuey sets the standard. We've really missed him. Gov is less of an inspiring captain in 2021. Happy for him to go back to his role, see ball, mark ball, kick ball off one step.

Either he's fit or he's not, we can't hold him out forever. Looked fit in the WAFL, so he plays.

I`d hold him out and take a cautous approach , we have Sydney ,Norf , Adel and Saints to ease him back into it ..A big home game but I don`t think we should show all our cards ..

Last edited:
Am I the only one who’s concerned that bringing in the same old guys who have been playing in cruise mode since the flag win in 2018, will take us back to our 4th quarter fade outs and lack of intensity that we had before the youth was brought in?

Shuey’s the skipper and looked far from cruise mode in the one game he’s played this year. None of Kelly, Shep or Petch played in the 2018 flag. So I take it you’re worried about Gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back