Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wisconsin Badgers Women's Volleyball
In: Shuey, Sheppard, Petch, Kelly, Brander (only if H.Edwards shoulder injury is bad, he plays CHB)
Out: Langdon, Nelson, Waterman (very unlucky), not sure who, H.Edwards (only if shoulder injury is more than two weeks)

• I think with already Nic Nat and Yeo on managed minutes, Shuey will also need to be on managed minutes. He should spend some time on the HFF rotating between, Yeo, Kelly and Sheed. Kelly should be ready after the bye. Hopefully it will help with extra class, polish, crumbing and pressure in our forward line.
  • With Kelly and Shuey to return, not sure who gets the boot asides from Langdon. No way we drop L.Edwards.
  • Petch will come back into the side at the expense of Waterman who was very clutch despite being quiet against the Tigers.
  • Brander only comes in for H.Edwards if his shoulder is deemed to be a two week plus injury as we're thin on KPD stocks atm, I think Brander can play the CHB role as he's done in the WAFL. I personally don't think Rotham is a CHB type, he's more of a tall HBF.
  • Despite Darling's poor form for the past few weeks, there's still no way we're going to drop him as he's still important to the team structure by taking a good defender and making him more accountable and his ability to create contests around the ground (unfortunately getting outmarked recently) but all he needs to do is punch it to the boundary or get it to ground (we will need crumbers at the contest he creates for this to work). Hopefully he can turn it around after the bye.
  • I would give Foley another run as he's been good against the Blues and excellent against the Tigers so I'd say Nelson would have to get dropped for me as he's been inconsistent and looks to have regressed. So in that case when Shep comes back, Nelson not Foley will have to be dropped. Cole on notice too, if he doesn't improve until Witherden comes back, I'd say Witherden takes his spot to give us more drive and rebounding down back like Jetta in 2018 and 2019.
  • Gov probably another 3-4 weeks away.

Last edited:
In: Shuey, Sheppard, Petch, Kelly, Brander (only if H.Edwards shoulder injury is bad, he plays CHB)
Out: Langdon, Nelson, Waterman (very unlucky), L.Edwards (extremely unlucky), H.Edwards (only if shoulder injury is more than two weeks)

• I think with already Nic Nat and Yeo on managed minutes, Shuey will also need to be on managed minutes. He should spend some time on the HFF rotating between, Yeo, Kelly and Sheed. Kelly should be ready after the bye. Hopefully it will help with extra class, polish, crumbing and pressure in our forward line.
  • Petch will come back into the side at the expense of Waterman who was very clutch despite being quiet against the Tigers.
  • Brander only comes in for H.Edwards if his shoulder is deemed to be a two week plus injury as we're thin on KPD stocks atm, I think Brander can play the CHB role as he's done in the WAFL. I personally don't think Rotham is a CHB type, he's more of a tall HBF.
  • Despite Darling's poor form for the past few weeks, there's still no way we're going to drop him as he's still important to the team structure by taking a good defender and making him more accountable and his ability to create contests around the ground (unfortunately getting outmarked recently) but all he needs to do is punch it to the boundary or get it to ground (we will need crumbers at the contest he creates for this to work). Hopefully he can turn it around after the bye.
  • I would give Foley another run as he's been good against the Blues and excellent against the Tigers so I'd say Nelson would have to get dropped for me as he's been inconsistent and looks to have regressed. So in that case when Shep comes back, Nelson not Foley will have to be dropped. Cole on notice too, if he doesn't improve until Witherden comes back, I'd say Witherden takes his spot to give us more drive and rebounding down back like Jetta in 2018 and 2019.
  • Gov probably another 3-4 weeks away.
Luke Edwards out????

Give yourself an uppercut, one of the best players on the ground & our most promising young mid in years.
Stays in for the rest of the season if he maintains this form, no chance he would be dropped for the dogs game.

Luke Edwards out????

Give yourself an uppercut, one of the best players on the ground & our most promising young mid in years.
Stays in for the rest of the season if he maintains this form, no chance he would be dropped for the dogs game.
Who's going to get unlucky once Shuey and Kelly return then? Langdon has to be one of them. I personally don't want it to be L.Edwards as well.
Edit: The OP has been fixed.

LEdwards has to stay.

Getting good development into a young mid is a season saver in a way - assuming we don’t win the flag, if we can look back and say that was the real start of Petch, Brander, Ledwards, Hedwards, Williams etc, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to stomach.

In: Shuey, Kelly, Shep
Out: Langdon, Waterman, Cole/Nelson

Sheppard in for Cole
Kelly in for Nelson
Shuey in for Waterman
Petruccelle in for Langdon

---

[25] Shannon Hurn, [37] Tom Barrass, [5] Brad Sheppard

[35] Josh Rotham, [42] Harry Edwards, [14] Liam Duggan

[8] Jack Redden, [4] Dom Sheed, [3] Andrew Gaff

[15] Jamie Cripps, [27] Jack Darling, [13] Luke Shuey

[12] Oscar Allen, [17] Josh Kennedy, [1] Liam Ryan

[9] Nic Naitanui, [6] Elliot Yeo, [11] Tim Kelly

[16] Luke Edwards, [21] Jack Petruccelle, [29] Luke Foley, [31] Jamaine Jones

Sub: [2] Jake Waterman

----
If HEdwards doesn't get up, Waterman plays third tall and Oscar plays as a KPD with Nelson or Brander as sub.

Last edited:
Changes (if fit) - Shuey for Redden or Gaff, McGovern for Waterman. Can McGovern play as 2nd ruck? Petrecelli for Langdon

Can't see Kelly being ready. If he is both Gaff and Redden out.
Redden 32 touches, 8 clearances, 12 contested possessions, four i50s?

What other mid would you take out? They are similar players Shuey and Redden in that they both play inside/outside mid but Shuey is the better player
I’d rather take Langdon out and have Shuey play 50/50 half forward and true mid. I’d rather take Waterman out and do the same. I’d rather take Cole or Nelson out and have Duggan not play on the wing.

Plenty of guys spending time slightly out of position to buy us some midfield minutes at the moment, I wouldn’t drop a mid to bring another in, I’d move everyone back home.

Changes (if fit) - Shuey for Redden or Gaff, McGovern for Waterman. Can McGovern play as 2nd ruck? Petrecelli for Langdon

Can't see Kelly being ready. If he is both Gaff and Redden out.
No way, Redden was a superstar today and has been carrying the midfield lately.

I’d rather take Langdon out and have Shuey play 50/50 half forward and true mid. I’d rather take Waterman out and do the same. I’d rather take Cole or Nelson out and have Duggan not play on the wing.

Plenty of guys spending time slightly out of position to buy us some midfield minutes at the moment, I wouldn’t drop a mid to bring another in, I’d move everyone back home.
Well Shuey for Langdon or Waterman would be fine if he's playing forward, but if he's only mid it won't work

Well Shuey for Langdon or Waterman would be fine if he's playing forward, but if he's only mid it won't work
As it stands we have Cripps, Waterman and Duggan all taking plenty of centre bounces on the wing. I’d rather that be Shuey. If it means dropping Waterman then so be it. If it means dropping Nelson and putting Duggan back so Shuey can play closer to the middle, so be it.

Doesn’t have to be a one in one our policy when we’re desperately trying to steal midfield minutes from elsewhere with our current lineup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Sheppard, Kelly, Shuey
Out: Nelson, Langdon, Waterman

Hurn Barrass Foley
Rotham HEdwards Sheppard
Gaff Yeo Redden
Cripps Darling Shuey
Ryan Kennedy Allen

Naitanui, Kelly, Sheed

Cole, Duggan, LEdwards, Jones

Brander sub

Kelly and Shuey to both spend more time forward which they have both shown they can do.

No way, Redden was a superstar today and has been carrying the midfield lately.
As it stands we have Cripps, Waterman and Duggan all taking plenty of centre bounces on the wing. I’d rather that be Shuey. If it means dropping Waterman then so be it. If it means dropping Nelson and putting Duggan back so Shuey can play closer to the middle, so be it.

Doesn’t have to be a one in one our policy when we’re desperately trying to steal midfield minutes from elsewhere with our current lineup.
No way Reddo is out.

Have you seen his performances lately - top drawer.
Hypothetically say all 5 of Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard, Petrecelli are ready, who would go out? Nelson out for Sheppard and Langdon for Petrecelli yeah ok simple swaps. Who are the 3 who come out for Shuey, Kelly and McGovern? I'd argue Waterman for McGovern and McGovern to take share 2nd ruck along with Allen, then the other 2 ???? Redden and Gaff I would have thought based on today's performances and their positions.

Hypothetically say all 5 of Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard, Petrecelli are ready, who would go out? Nelson out for Sheppard and Langdon for Petrecelli yeah ok simple swaps. Who are the 3 who come out for Shuey, Kelly and McGovern? I'd argue Waterman for McGovern and McGovern to take share 2nd ruck along with Allen, then the other 2 ???? Redden and Gaff I would have thought based on today's performances and their positions.
Petch for Langdon
Shuey for Waterman
Shep for Nelson

Gov for Harry Edwards as good as he’s been - you can’t carry all three of Gov, TB and Hedwards plus Hurn, not particularly a mobile group.

Kelly one is tough but no way are we dropping a mid when we’ve been desperate for anything resembling a midfield rotation all season. Kelly for JJ perhaps?

Under Simmo we’ve played 7-8-7 consistently, eg seven forwards, eight mids/rucks and seven backs. So the above leaves us with:

Forwards: JK, JD, Allen, Ryan, Cripps, Petch (6)
Mids: Nic, Yeo, Gaff, Redden, Shuey, Kelly, LEdwards, Sheed (8)
Backs: Gov, TB, Hurn, Duggan, Shep, Cole, Foley, Rotham (8)

Slightly out of whack with 787, but it beats the hell out of the current six man midfield and a bunch of part timers desperately stealing midfield minutes like Waterman/Duggan/Cripps.

Redden and Gaff will go to another level with the Kelly and Shuey back. You can’t mark them all. No point dropping our depth mids for the stars when they’ll do their best work with no attention, we need to be dropping our bottom 4 players and reshuffling. Cole and Nelson are on the chopping block with Shep coming back and Duggan to go back. That opens up one spot. Waterman (purely on team balance) and Langdon are probably next.

In shuey McGovern petruccelle shep kelly

Out Nelson, h edwards, Jones, waterman, rotham

Rotham controversial I know but cole is only one capable of playing on smalls. Otherwise cole out.

I wonder what O’Neill is thinking after last nights game…

LEdwards has to stay.

Getting good development into a young mid is a season saver in a way - assuming we don’t win the flag, if we can look back and say that was the real start of Petch, Brander, Ledwards, Hedwards, Williams etc, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to stomach.

In: Shuey, Kelly, Shep
Out: Langdon, Waterman, Cole/Nelson
Yes agreed, with these changes, no way Luke Edwards gets dropped or Luke Foley, they add some real class and poise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back