Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few melts over on the Dogs board at the moment, a couple really suggesting resting a stack of players. Won’t happen but would take it, fix our percentage right up.

Reports I've heard are that they took 25 players over to quarantine. So if they plan on any changes they have a maximum of 3 (one of who would still need to be the medical sub). The 22 who played Friday all travelled (plus an additional 3).

Shuey, Kelly, McGovern and Sheppard are automatic inclusions when fit. Witherden adds classy disposal to the backline. Brander and Petruccelle had done enough before injury to expect a recall. Hutchings, Vardy and Ah Chee had excellent games in the WAFL, and Williams showed promise. We need to see what Trew and West have to offer sooner rather than later.

I believe this is a compelling case for 13 changes. O'Neill and Ainsworth very unlucky.

After watching the Dogs Cats game I really do think Dogs went for broke to get a win and rest some players. Worst case scenario happened to them. they lost and lost some soldiers and got banged up. The exact opposite is now for Geelong, they can go free swing against Brisbane this week. This could actually get messy for Dogs. If Naughton doesn't make it they will be without few very important players. traveling as well. Opportunity to make a big statement. I want 10 goals capitulation with Oscar to kick 5. Ryan to kick 4.

You would expect the Bullies to be bruised and battered; an easy kill! Wait.. thats what we said about Collingwood before the final last year. A week relaxing and bonding at a luxurious resort whilst busily preparing an ambush.
Surely we won't have "an easy kill attitude".

It's 2nd versus 7th.
The Bulldogs lost after the siren at GMHBA where most teams (like us) get smashed down there.

We're in no position to be complacent or to get a head of our self.

Surely we won't have "an easy kill attitude".

It's 2nd versus 7th.
The Bulldogs lost after the siren at GMHBA where most teams (like us) get smashed down there.

We're in no position to be complacent or to get a head of our self.
Yep.Surely!!! We lost a final to the Bullies a couple of years ago at home.We should have won by the length of the straight. Shoulda whipped Collingwood last year!

If a star player is 100% fit then they should play. That means Shuey, Kelly, Shep, Gov should all play if they are 100% fit. If one isn't, let them have a run in the WAFL on limited mins.

We have a genuine selection headache. That's a good thing. I'm in favour of having more mids against the Dogs. Shuey and Sheed can rest forward as well. Gaff to the wing exclusively. He isn't required in the Center at all w Shuey, Yeo, Kelly, Redden and Sheed in the side.

We brought in a whole bunch of underdone players for the EF last year...nek minnit.

I'm prepared to make an exception for Shuey but not for McGovern who in retrospect probably needed to play with the Beagles on the weekend to be a realistic chance this week. Our defence is performing adequately without him. I'm 50-50 on Kelly, depends if Yeo is ready for a full game.

Dogs will be full strength bar Dunkley and Treloar. This game will be as intense as Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stef Martin has stayed in Melbourne, as has Easton Wood. Ruck battle will be interesting. Hope Nic is full of beans after a week's rest. He will be the key to getting the ball to uncontested areas if it turns into a rainy slog.

Yeo, Redden and Sheed to work inside, Shuey and TK to cut them apart with speed and execution. Gaff set behind the ball as receiver. Do not want him in the thick of it trying to win a ball and bombing it around the corner. He is so much better on the end of a handball chain and running forwards.

Correct me if i am wrong, but if Kelly plays on the weekend it will be the first time that Kelly, Shuey, and Yeo have all lined up in the same side?

I am damn excited to see all these three in at a center bounce!

Correct me if i am wrong, but if Kelly plays on the weekend it will be the first time that Kelly, Shuey, and Yeo have all lined up in the same side?

They have played together before, but rarely. About 10 games all up I think I counted.

Edwards has done a good job in defence and i would love to see him stay in.If Gov is a little underdone why not use him differently? I.E. second ruck.I really would love to see Gov unencumbered and just unleashed through the middle.Hes a natural footballer and i reckon he would kill it in there.Big,tough,long kick and great mark.Thoughts?

Played quote a bit at the start of last year. Absolutely spudded it up in the hub with the rest of the team. I'm excited to see them, but it doesn't me we automatically dominate.

I remember plenty of games around 04/05/06 when we lost the midfield with Cox, Cousins, Judd and Kerr.

Edwards has done a good job in defence and i would love to see him stay in.If Gov is a little underdone why not use him differently? I.E. second ruck.I really would love to see Gov unencumbered and just unleashed through the middle.Hes a natural footballer and i reckon he would kill it in there.Big,tough,long kick and great mark.Thoughts?
I've been really unimpressed with Gov the last 18 months. I watch other teams with players like Aliir and Andrews, who intercept the ball at will, and I wonder what happened to him. Half the time he goes for the mark, only to spill it with the oppo picking it up for an easy goal. Other times he and barrass spoil each other.

I'd be quite happy to throw him in the ruck. Solves all our selection problems as he can play ruck/defense like Max Gawn. Don't care if he gets injured, he's managing to do that anyway.

After watching the Dogs Cats game I really do think Dogs went for broke to get a win and rest some players. Worst case scenario happened to them. they lost and lost some soldiers and got banged up. The exact opposite is now for Geelong, they can go free swing against Brisbane this week. This could actually get messy for Dogs. If Naughton doesn't make it they will be without few very important players. traveling as well. Opportunity to make a big statement. I want 10 goals capitulation with Oscar to kick 5. Ryan to kick 4.
I feel your menacing expectations!!
Whether the Dogs are banged up or on fire (beware the ambush), with our A-grade troops back we need a big bang for our 'top 4' buck!?
I don't even want to imagine a loss after this long wait (and expectations) of our A-grade players returning!?

Don’t Mind using Boots predominately as a HFF this week(or couple weeks) but he should defs be used at CBD’s. I love Sheeda and Redden but there’s been too many times this season that Nic Nats palmed an absolute beauty to them but they’ve got pinged cause they lack explosiveness .

I've been really unimpressed with Gov the last 18 months. I watch other teams with players like Aliir and Andrews, who intercept the ball at will, and I wonder what happened to him. Half the time he goes for the mark, only to spill it with the oppo picking it up for an easy goal. Other times he and barrass spoil each other.

I'd be quite happy to throw him in the ruck. Solves all our selection problems as he can play ruck/defense like Max Gawn. Don't care if he gets injured, he's managing to do that anyway.
I understand you and don’t really wanna make excuses but last 18 months he’s struggled with Injury and the pressures of being in a hub. I think Gov will get better with continuity when he returns. It’s he lazy kicking and decision making that he needs to get rif of his game now. Teams are now punishing turnovers a lot and he is somewhat becoming a liability by coughing a goal a week.

Haven’t had all 3 of Kelly, Yeo and Shuey in the same side since round 11, 2020. They’ve only played together 8 times of a possible 31 games

Have only had at least 2 of them in the same team twice this year and one of those games Kelly was injured before quarter time
This is the answer you’re looking for re Shuey, Yeo and Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back