Prediction Changes and Pre match discussion vs Western Bulldogs round 16 @ Metricon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Taking a look at our recruits for last 10 years, they have pretty much failed every year.We were really lucky with 3 trades that worked well for us which still does not explain how our mid scouts kept their job.Redden was traded, Yeo was traded and kelly which we passed in draft as well. Those 3 aside, we were extremely lucky with shuey considering early on he suffered a series of injuries which included osteitis pubis, a broken leg, and two hernias. Masten and Rosa no good, i think shep was drafted as a mid as well if I am correct. We also traded the world for wellingham as a mid, ended up playing him half back which was another blunder. I like Sheed but he has major deficiencies which makes him a great second fiddle support instead of first line of attack.No wonder why we only have Ainsworth as a replacement. Meanwhile in Richomnd... their depth in mid is better than most of the comp first mid division.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
No. No. Masten was not good. In any way, shape or form whatsoever.

We pretty much prayed he might come good, and when he didn't, we called his lack of hardness and defensive effort our "defensive winger". Why? But, he could run! Like footy was track and field and no other skills were required.

Let's not revise history, he was utterly sh*t. The efforts of JK saved the Judd deal, masten for a top 3 pick was utterly useless
Pretty sure that you have revised history there (whilst saying that we shouldn't)

200 game, solid role player. Elite runner, neat kick accumulator of the footy. He did a lot of things really well that would have got him a game at most (if not every) clubs.

Sure, the downside was obvious (not a contested player, tackling poor, got caught htb too much), but to say he played 200 poor games is ridiculous.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

numbat06

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Midfield looks weak without Yeo and Shuey, Kelly needs to step up big time and hopefully Redden backs up with another solid game. Ah Chee surely has to be on borrowed time, if Venners and Rioli were around the guy would be delist material.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure that you have revised history there (whilst saying that we shouldn't)

200 game, solid role player. Elite runner, neat kick accumulator of the footy. He did a lot of things really well that would have got him a game at most (if not every) clubs.

Sure, the downside was obvious (not a contested player, tackling poor, got caught htb too much), but to say he played 200 poor games is ridiculous.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He played 200 terrible games. There you go. Happy??

Oct 9, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Melbourne Vixens

We pretty much prayed he might come good, and when he didn't, we called his lack of hardness and defensive effort our "defensive winger". Why? But, he could run! Like footy was track and field and no other skills were required.

Let's not revise history, he was utterly sh*t. The efforts of JK saved the Judd deal, masten for a top 3 pick was utterly useless

This is just plain wrong/stupid.

Rising star nomination in 2009
Multiple top 10 B&F finishes
27th highest all time Brownlow votes of all WCE players .

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
This is just plain wrong/stupid.

Rising star nomination in 2009
Multiple top 10 B&F finishes
27th highest all time Brownlow votes of all WCE players .

Thats akin to saying Brett Delido was a champion because he won multiple best and fairests in an era when Richmond were rubbish.

Masten was an honest toiler, but ordinary. Of his 200 games, about 180 of those were bog average.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
Anyone who thinks people are irrational in the weekly changes thread should check out the club’s Facebook. My word.

I’ve had to remove myself from that group. It’s everything that is wrong with Facebook. Any good posts are buried by part time fans who just happen to be scrolling through their feed and have an immediate reaction, often based on a shallow depth of knowledge about, well, football.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Is anyone really melting? Disagreeing with a decision doesn't equal melting

:think:

Wtf!!!!!!!
**** off Simpson.
Hamish should walk out on the Eagles for this...
Seriously wtf does Ainsworth bring to the team?!
He can apparently run, but what else???
Why are they persisting with Ainsworth. Look I’m all for developing players but he is seriously not up to it.
Ainsworth in for anyone is yuck. But Ainsworth for Shuey is a huge L. Would have even taken a, land of the giants, Brander in over him. Even then.. we have enough defenders to give Duggo a go up the ground

Ainsworth and Hutch in the same team is a big yikes. Can’t hide two momentum killers.
Brayden offer's no redeemable AFL qualities. Opposite to Xavier, who's shown something every time he's played.

The fact Ainsworth is playing, despite already witnessing him be poor over and over again this year, shows a serious lack of creativity on the MC's part.

Trash.
Who the fu(k did you say was in.

Ainsworth.

Not Brayden Ainsworth ......... surly not ?

Afraid so.

Your ............ shittttting ....... me.

View attachment 953994
What the fck Ainsworth in? Brander or Brayshaw surely.
Have no time for Ainsworth at all, if we have to get a injury in this game you know who i would rather it be than anyone else.
Kicking that bad should not get a you a game at AFL level, not matter what you other strengths are.
In such a low scoring season, turn overs that cause goals can mean a loss in that game.
Ainsworth is a liability

Not as bad as I thought to be fair

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure where that was even discussed in any of my posts or any of the posts I responded to.
And your last point is such a cop out "it's a moot point" "that's just football", if that's how we're going to end every discussion then why bother even coming on here to talk about it.
People are annoyed that Ainsworth is in the side because he's not an AFL level player and he's probably not likely to become a serviceable AFL player based off what we've seen for the last few years. Sure he's young and there's a chance he'll improve but I'm really not seeing it, and it seems I'm not alone.
Well, I'm not sure where I discussed that in my posts either, my point is ' the Ainsworth inclusion is because we may have little choice'. I'm right, you're wrong/ you're right, I'm wrong - it just doesn't matter. The discussion is not going to go anywhere. It's like a loop tape. It's opinions. Sure I understand your point, so remain annoyed about Ainsworth, and be rest assured when he's gone there will be another player to fill his place of annoyance and give you something to complain about. Whether you're annoyed or can't see his worth as a player is irrelevant, he may be all we have to fill that spot and he is therefore serving a need, a means to an end, he is helping the team get through a difficult stage, regardless of being a good player or not...and I would argue that based on that assumption he is therefore a serviceable player and by the mere fact that he is playing in a game, he is also an AFL player.
I'm certainly not convinced about Ainsworth, but I dont lose sleep over it and dont find the need to abuse him or criticise him endlessly.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast

There was one season (2013 IIRC) that he was close to our best midfielder for much of the season.

"Not good. In any way, shape or form whatsoever."

Talk about revising history.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
This thread sucks.

Amazing that anyone can call a 200 game player for any club, let alone one as successful as ours, crap or a bust.

Sheed could retire now and he's still a chance to get a statue of his kick at some point.

Even comments around trading the world for Wellingham. Pick 18 is not the world and he was two hours away from becoming a premiteship player with us, in a year we beat all 17 clubs. A feat rarely replicated.

This is to say nothing about Shep being anything other than a success.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Taking a look at our recruits for last 10 years, they have pretty much failed every year.We were really lucky with 3 trades that worked well for us which still does not explain how our mid scouts kept their job.Redden was traded, Yeo was traded and kelly which we passed in draft as well. Those 3 aside, we were extremely lucky with shuey considering early on he suffered a series of injuries which included osteitis pubis, a broken leg, and two hernias. Masten and Rosa no good, i think shep was drafted as a mid as well if I am correct. We also traded the world for wellingham as a mid, ended up playing him half back which was another blunder. I like Sheed but he has major deficiencies which makes him a great second fiddle support instead of first line of attack.No wonder why we only have Ainsworth as a replacement. Meanwhile in Richomnd... their depth in mid is better than most of the comp first mid division.

For failing every year for 10 years at the draft we seem to be going ok. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back