Preview Changes and predictions: Blues v Bulldogs Round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

This season has been so so s**t. What a waste.

Watching bontempelli destroy teams recently as a mid has just made me sad. He should be the best player in the competition in 2019. He should be swinging at the brownlow. We’ve butchered him in 2018.

This whole thing has sucked since Beveridge announced Easton Wood was our new strike forward. And he played Roughead and Trengove as key forwards. Honeychurch played regularly. Everyone got hurt. Nightmare.

2018 (and this pathetic match against Carlton) can go eat a dick.

Time to get serious in 2019 dogs.

Tend to think Bont was only playing forward due to fitness/injury... Just seems to be getting around a lot more easily/freely the last few weeks
Never nice having an appendix cut out, but those 2-3 weeks he had off seem to have done him the world of good for his footy

Out: Cordy
In: Wood

Would be disappointing to lose, I don't think we will. It's ALWAYS disappointing to lose.

Essendon, Geelong and Norf wins the only bright spots this year, though. Promising development of Greene, Lipinski, Naughton, Richards, Lynch, English give us reason for hope next year. Injury gods - turn your attention elsewhere.

We should win this by 10 goals if we are seriously looking ahead to 2019, because if we don't, 2019 is no looking ahead to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double-edged sword. Looking to 2019 could also mean a prized high pick ... win by too much and we jump over Freo.
kind of... will likely get handed a 10 goal shellacking by the Tigers to fix that right up the week after

Irrelevant in terms of this year, certainly. However, if we win tonight that is three on the trot and we can come up against Richmond, which will likely be happy to rest key players and maybe attempt to get ready for the finals. May give us a chance of getting over them and instilling great confidence in the club at the end of the year and make us a more attractive proposition for potential trade targets.

Plus, I'm sure it will fill the fans with a lot of happiness to see another win.

As for the changes it will be nice to see Adams or Wood come back for Cordy. I wouldn't expect too many changes.

I really don't see the point of bringing Wood back at this stage.
Just give Cordy's spot to Young.

Unless Wood requires an operation, he is captain and currently better than young. No matter what time of the year always pay to win, it is a much better culture to have than deliberately playing for draft picks.

Though I do understand why you would want to play Young, I would not as Young appears not have earn't his spot and just giving games to players who are young without earning those games does set a dangerous precedent.

We will have a young and less experienced enough team without manufacturing it. Wood can work with Naughton and other experienced defenders by playing out the last 2 real games with them which will help provide and even better platform for the 2019 pre season

Unless Wood requires an operation, he is captain and currently better than young. No matter what time of the year always pay to win, it is a much better culture to have than deliberately playing for draft picks.

Though I do understand why you would want to play Young, I would not as Young appears not have earn't his spot and just giving games to players who are young without earning those games does set a dangerous precedent.

We will have a young and less experienced enough team without manufacturing it. Wood can work with Naughton and other experienced defenders by playing out the last 2 real games with them which will help provide and even better platform for the 2019 pre season
Never mentioned playing for draft picks.
Regardless of who replaces Cordy should still beat Carlton.

Never mentioned playing for draft picks.
Regardless of who replaces Cordy should still beat Carlton.

Never said you did mention draft picks, just explaining why I believe there is a strong point in playing Wood over the last 2 games.

Fully agree we should beat Carlton and in some ways we need to. Momentum at the end of the season can be carried right through pre season to the new year.

if the Lions keep their players they will have momentum, we win this week and a good showing against the Tiges and so will we

Remove this Banner Ad

Back