Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Melbourne: The Death Ride Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Can understand Walker being managed.

Thought Hosie would stay in though.

Clearly Shaw having a good look at the entire list.
Hosie jeez thought he did ok 2 goals as a medium forward plus playing against the cheats and playing in front of a home ground and family would inspire him even further to play well but there again we just can't get right can we with selections and carrying players.
We would want to beat the cheats with no Ken Doll wanna be opps Viney and 1 of the driver brothers from Deliverance in Gawn hope Goldstein smashes it tomorrow 60 hit outs 15 marks 20 possesions a 3 goals.

So this game could be a win, win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy, Daw and Durdin will rotate in the ruck. I think you will see we will rotate the big guys a lot.

Conditions are set to be clear so think that Larkey, Daw and Walker will be the forwards, Tarrant and McKay start back and Durdin on the bench. Would be massively surprised if we didn’t have one big on the bench throughout the match

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty bloody disappointed that Walker is omitted. Could understand it if he was listed as managed, he ran his guts out and was cramping with 5 minutes to go, but omitted?

I suppose though that considering his injury history, Shaw probably hasn't seen any recent competitive football from him whatsoever (ever?), so might not have had him in any of his future/current plans at all. Was listening to his press conference as I was typing the rest of the post out and that it seems like that might be the case lol: "Saw young will walker get back after so long out of the game last week, and it was fantastic to see him out there, we feel as though we've found something there and feel as though we can do something in the future"

Dissapointed Kyron isn't back yet, can't help but wonder if we're foxing and he is actually injured.

Larkey and LDU being straight back in are massive ticks.

Glad Durdin is getting a shot, but man we have some mega height in the backline. Surely Walker goes forward, or we end up resting he or Taz?

Overall, bit disappointed we didn't rotate more blokes during this 3 week block if I'm being honest. Hope we don't pay a price for that.

Emergencies are Walker, Hosie, Murphy, Tommy C. Do we have any idea who traveled?

True, but his first game and could say "meh" on a 200 gamer we have also.......

We can’t have the entire team dropped can we haha

He obviously didn’t give enough. WW looked absolutely spent as well but was good to see him out there

I don’t get the whole obsession with Hosie lol

We can’t have the entire team dropped can we haha

He obviously didn’t give enough. WW looked absolutely spent as well but was good to see him out there

I don’t get the whole obsession with Hosie lol

I think with Hosie a massive part of it is that his VFL form last year was good, and that during this injury ****ed seasons it's taken until last week for us to get a glimpse of him. It does make you wonder whether there is stuff behind the scenes.

With Gawn and Viney out they're virtually leaderless now. Can you believe the opportunity tomorrow. We're going to puncture their season and secure a better draft hand despite winning.

Last edited:
Pretty bloody disappointed that Walker is omitted. Could understand it if he was listed as managed, he ran his guts out and was cramping with 5 minutes to go, but omitted?

I suppose though that considering his injury history, Shaw probably hasn't seen any recent competitive football from him whatsoever (ever?), so might not have had him in any of his future/current plans at all. Was listening to his press conference as I was typing the rest of the post out and that it seems like that might be the case lol: "Saw young will walker get back after so long out of the game last week, and it was fantastic to see him out there, we feel as though we've found something there and feel as though we can do something in the future"

Dissapointed Kyron isn't back yet, can't help but wonder if we're foxing and he is actually injured.

Larkey and LDU being straight back in are massive ticks.

Glad Durdin is getting a shot, but man we have some mega height in the backline. Surely Walker goes forward, or we end up resting he or Taz?

Overall, bit disappointed we didn't rotate more blokes during this 3 week block if I'm being honest. Hope we don't pay a price for that.

Emergencies are Walker, Hosie, Murphy, Tommy C. Do we have any idea who traveled?
Does it really matter what reason they give for Walker? He played his first game in 2 years, busted his ass off and looked cooked by the end. 4 days break not ideal for a seasoned veteran let alone someone having their first senior game in ages. Not surprised one bit he has been 'omitted'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back