Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Melbourne: The Death Ride Cup

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I actually Would have liked to see Gawn play, want to see where Goldy is at and Gawn is the only one to have gotten a hold of him properly.

Durdins inclusion makes me question which of the other talls might be a late out.
Larkey has replaced Brown but he might not come up and one of Larkey, Majak or Goldi definitely won’t play IMO that side is way too tall.
Walker is almost certainly starting forward.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Do you really not know what Pittard's role has been in the forward line the last 3 weeks? I'll give you a hint. The deficiencies in Hosie's game are the reason Pittard is there. You don't replace a shovel with a screwdriver.

I understand Pittard’s role, he is playing okay but ultimately he is a known quantity. Give him a rest and continue with Hosie for another week or two to see if he should be retained on the list.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Durdins inclusion makes me question which of the other talls might be a late out.
Larkey has replaced Brown but he might not come up and one of Larkey, Majak or Goldi definitely won’t play IMO that side is way too tall.

Land of the Giants MK II.

I reckon McKay might need a rest.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos

1596917412414.png

McKay actually looks fit and fresh and in good nick. He’s not laboring so why break up his routine. Will be good for him to play on McDonald as he’s a big body but he’s out of form so he’ll get plenty of opportunities to further hone his craft and maybe even clunk a few.
All about body positioning and he should have a good feel for the game by now.

i reckon Larkey might miss.
In Hosies debut video he’s sitting next to Majak casually and unimpeded. Not in uniform too so similar to Kyron and Taylor who both had plain polos on and knee braces on legs that were elevated. He was smiling and laughing and moving freely so the ankle might be fine and they always planned to rest him against the cats.

Majak will be playing his 3rd game in 8 days after missing 2 years of footy and Goldi playing Wednesday was just negligent really after rucking alone all year and having no breaks.
Reckon Majak, Goldi and then Larkey are the likelihood chances of missing.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here's hoping, coz I can't see the match-ups for 7 talls working so good

Petracca isn't going to look so hot not getting Gawn's silver service.

He doesn't rely on Gawn that much, as he does most of his good work in the forward half. I think he's another lockdown role for LMac.

Oliver is in good form and probably suffers most from Gawn out, but he's always been pretty good at being the one roving to the opposition ruck. So, given we don't really benefit from Goldie's dominance in the centre square, we need to make sure Oliver doesn't get away from us.

Back