Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Drury and Spicer lucky to retain their spots, but then there probably aren't many others to replace them with the cupboard a bit bare at the moment.
Roll with the youth, hopefully is a trend that guys will get a few games at the level to show something.

Would hate to see Ford come in to only get dropped next week.

Hopefully during the course of the game Wardlaw, Phillips and Powell lineup at the centre bounce. Will be a beautiful picture of the future.

Whilst Clarko is out there is absolutely zero pressure on us winning games. Let's grit our teeth and play the kids.

Agree 💯

It’s all between the ears. This habit of giving up and losing confidence is deeply entrenched into our players.

Once you see one player do it, it spreads like wildfire. Same goes if you see one player going in hard, it’s contagious.

We need to find a way to light the spark. Idk how but I can barely find any enjoyment watching us anymore.
Being really s**t at football imo isn’t between the ears. Could be wrong of course. I do though tend to be acurate.😝

Like many of us, I've been feeling a bit flat about the footy in recent weeks but I love the ins this week.

Bergman, Phillips, Sheezel, Powell, Curtis, Wardlaw, Ford, Spicer, CCJ and Drury all in the same side? Really looking forward to seeing how we go. Hopefully a lot of swimming and not much sinking.

🤣Hope breathes eternal. I like it, S.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't mind the changes. But gee, you'd have to think that Cunners is quite cooked if he couldn't get a game this week with all our outs.

Hopefully, it’s just the rest he needs to recharge his batteries. After what he’s been through since he got injured in R3, 2020, I can understand 8 games in a row would gas him.

Taylor has to feel pretty poor being dropped with 5 injuries, ouch.
Yep. But makes sense. He's been pushed back to a forward role, our few replacements coming in are forwards - he makes way on form and like for like. Now the challenge is set for him. Personally I hope he smashes it out of the park in the VFL but I like to see this - previous era's there is zero chance we'd drop an established player with that number of forced outs.

Taylor out and Spicer jumps from sub to named on the field. Even the number of forced changes didn’t stop them making statements.

If the games themselves weren’t such nightmares, this season would be fun.
With you 100% on this H2H. Love seeing more integrity and authority in changes. Spicer has a role there for the taking, doesn't need to kick a bunch of goals. Run, hassle, attack the player with the ball and provide genuine pressure on the carrier.

Same with Ford being given an opportunity to show whether talent can shine even if structure and strategy might still be a work in progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a new past time .I won’t be at the game nor will I watch it .a lot of fun and super exciting. A lot of this stuff available where I go .

View attachment 1690624
Wish us well. But yeah life’s to short for this s**t

I adopted that approach for the Melbourne game. Most relaxing game of the year for me. I can only imagine the self-inflicted damage I would have experienced otherwise. Having said that, Sydney do not engender the same chilling premonitions that the Demons did. In both games against them last year, we were very competitive.

no, that's your pal Phoenix. I'm not a believer, but two games in a row, I hope you're right and I'm wrong
I’m just poking fun from last discussion thread lol

I adopted that approach for the Melbourne game. Most relaxing game of the year for me. I can only imagine the self-inflicted damage I would have experienced otherwise. Having said that, Sydney do not engender the same chilling premonitions that the Demons did. In both games against them last year, we were very competitive.

Nah it’s beyond this week against the 14th placed side. A game viewed in isolation isn’t really relevant.
I’ll wander the goldfields marveling at the skills and hard work of those 100 odd years earlier.

I dips me lid. Dug up a wood splitter around 6x 3 inches. Bloody heck it’s heavy. Must have been when iron was iron💁

Taylor out and Spicer jumps from sub to named on the field. Even the number of forced changes didn’t stop them making statements.

If the games themselves weren’t such nightmares, this season would be fun.

Still fun!! Love the passion, the rants, the meltdowns, the therapy sessions, etc.

l wouldn't mind seeing Cunners as sub. He could play forward or mid if needed and if he came on late then the pace of the game might have slowed down a bit which would suit him..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back