Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty clear they rate this kid. IMO it is entirely form related that he is being brought in and I reckon a few weeks earlier than they would have thought at the start of the season. Be great to have some electric speed at the ball carrier.

Feel for Wardlaw with his debut being somewhat overshadowed by the news about Clarko, so I'm glad to see the club make the announcement with the big presentation. Great to see the reactions of his teammates as well, looks like spirits are still high even with everything that's going on.

Good to see most of the ins this week are the young players and hopefully that youthful exuberance can lead us to a win on Saturday.

On the other hand, the fact that George is not the complete focus may actually take some pressure off of him. At the end of the day, he is making his debut and he and his family will celebrate and enjoy that fact in the same way, regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given the outs for Sydney, even with our form and a couple of injuries this has to be seen as a real opportunity - not necessarily a win, but a chance to give a hard competitive performance that has us in the game.

As supporters there is not much more you can ask for at this point in development than to be in with a chance for most of the game and enjoy a few highlights. Wins will come.

Another fantastic interview from a leader at the club. Every one of them has given me more faith.
Yeah, it was good hey.

Things are s**t but ... in that rock bottom thread i posted than line from fight club about not knowing what the bottom will be like, when you think its already bad.

The next bit is something about only after disaster can you be reborn. I get the feeling the disaster is over now, and we're in recovery mode.

The disaster was last year, we did respond and now we're recovering the situation. It all washes into each other a bit but ... things could get worse in terms of details but the real issue way the was the club was structured and run. Now we seem to have done alot of work on that, pulled things back from the brink a bit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they had to keep two out of the VFL, one as a gameday emergency and one as a sub.
But you're right, the other three are all listed. Hmm.
yeah they usually keep a game day emergency on top of the sub to be safe

looks like this week they rolling the dice on no injuries in the pregame warm up

Howe is sub. Taylor seems to be genuinely dropped based on the VFL write up today.

The VFL game starts at 1:35PM. And its down at Casey not Arden St.

I dare say it, unless Cunners is going to fly by Chopper to Casey and catch the 2nd quarter onwards lol - then he'll be at Marvel tomorrow morning and on standby.
Dawson isnt needed in the AFL with only Buddy and McLean the talls in Sydneys forward line.
Meanwhilst Casey has Ben Brown and Josh Schache.

Given the outs for Sydney, even with our form and a couple of injuries this has to be seen as a real opportunity - not necessarily a win, but a chance to give a hard competitive performance that has us in the game.

As supporters there is not much more you can ask for at this point in development than to be in with a chance for most of the game and enjoy a few highlights. Wins will come.
I've been saying it all week, we are a sneaky chance tomorrow

I mean we've been struggling but Melbourne, Saints then Port has basically been us playing top 4 sides 3 weeks in a row. It's not been an easy run and has exposed our biggest weaknesses. If Sydney can't punish our mistakes as effectively due to personnel things might turn pretty quickly. $5-6 is pretty generous IMO even given our position.

There aren't many opposition line-ups I've been able to look at and identify where we might have an edge, but there is one tomorrow; Goldy averages twice the hit outs to advantage compared to Ladhams, so first use should at least be in our favour.

What we do with it is another question

Curtis Taylor: Omitted

That is saying a lot when you get dropped the week the club is forced to make 6 other changes, 5 to injury and 1 to suspension.

Hopefully he can torp another ball out of our backline in the dying seconds for a narrow victory. I'm not mad at him as the sub, he has a tank and is versatile with his size - can play back or mid if needed.

He has great physical attributes, he is just a bit ordinary with the ball.

yeah they usually keep a game day emergency on top of the sub to be safe

looks like this week they rolling the dice on no injuries in the pregame warm up
Hope this doesn't cost us a finals position if it goes wrong!

Curtis Taylor: Omitted

That is saying a lot when you get dropped the week the club is forced to make 6 other changes, 5 to injury and 1 to suspension.
His automatic selection for Round 1 - until now - is just another of the many mysteries of selection.

CT did nothing over the pre season - was poor in match sim and practise matches - yet he got a game in Round 1 - has done nothing since and only now the selectors wake up and say ..wtf does this bloke do other than run around alot?

Would not be in the best 25 at any decent club - automatic selection with us - pretty much sums it all up.

LMac next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back