Status
Not open for further replies.

Conundrum

All Australian
Jul 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So many I'd like to be Outs...

Xerri - Hosie/McKay/Durdin (Xerri's had a taste hopefully can learn and improve, lets take a look at these guys)
Hall - Ahern (get some hopefully clean ball use, and even Ahern could get more involved than Hall did tonight)
Cunnington - Bonar (Cunnington looks like he needs time to get right, try Bonar in his natural position as a ball-winning inside mid, see how he goes)
Higgins - Walker/Scott (Higgins out if he is injured, get Walker or Scott in to play wing)

Look we'd probably lose shedding that much experience for youth, but hell, we lost by 49 points tonight looking disinterested and with sh*t skills, might as well check if the kids are any good before the end of year clean out

billnats

All Australian
Feb 4, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
SMFC & Tottenham
In: Scott (Hall), Walker (Mahoney), McKay or Wood (Xerri), Bonar (Cunnington)

Other issues: TT head knock & Higgins knee. Ahern and Ziebell possible ins here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure what we can do really - seems there is a real lack of effort, desire, commitment. - and for all his positives Shawry hasnt been able to turn that around.

It's a real worry for the club that the majority of players just don't seem to give a rats about losing - and even losing badly - the passion has gone from them.

Seeing Cunners run out like a 60 year old can't give any confidence to the team and that decision rests solely on Shawry.

We cant bring JZ back - that makes it even worse - we need to start planning for 3 years ahead now.

Bailey and Will Walker to come back - Larkey if fit.

You could drop 10 blokes without even blinking but we know we can't do that.

I think we just rotate the blokes who haven't played yet - let's see if there are any who want to play for the club - for there as sure as hell were about half out there tonite who showed they couldn't care one way or the other.

Last edited:
Let’s assume Cunnington doesn’t play.

Let’s assume that Higgins won’t play. If his knee is sore now flying in a plane on Monday won’t help.

Let’s assume Ziebell doesn’t play.

Let’s assume Thomas will play.

From all reports Daw’s fitness isn’t anywhere near AFL ready, so let’s assume he won’t play.

So.

Wood could come in for Xerri. More mobile, different look to the forward line and may help straighten us up.

I don’t think we’ll change anything at the back. Holding up well man to man and nothing much else to be said.

I’d be astonished if Bonar doesn’t play and play as a mid.

Likewise it’s going to be Ahern before Scott as there’s no way Scott’s getting involved in a centre square rotation.

Hall strikes me as a tricky player to manage. Is desperately low on confidence and we’re almost a man down with him at the moment. At the end of the day you’ve got a second year player nailing set shots that Hall is shanking, and it’s killed our momentum in two matches now.

Summary:

Out: Cunnington, Higgins, Xerri
In: Bonar, Ahern, Wood

Amen.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let’s assume Cunnington doesn’t play.

Let’s assume that Higgins won’t play. If his knee is sore now flying in a plane on Monday won’t help.

Let’s assume Ziebell doesn’t play.

Let’s assume Thomas will play.

From all reports Daw’s fitness isn’t anywhere near AFL ready, so let’s assume he won’t play.

So.

Wood could come in for Xerri. More mobile, different look to the forward line and may help straighten us up.

I don’t think we’ll change anything at the back. Holding up well man to man and nothing much else to be said.

I’d be astonished if Bonar doesn’t play and play as a mid.

Likewise it’s going to be Ahern before Scott as there’s no way Scott’s getting involved in a centre square rotation.

Hall strikes me as a tricky player to manage. Is desperately low on confidence and we’re almost a man down with him at the moment. At the end of the day you’ve got a second year player nailing set shots that Hall is shanking, and it’s killed our momentum in two matches now.

Summary:

Out: Cunnington, Higgins, Xerri
In: Bonar, Ahern, Wood

Amen.

Have we had any feedback from the scratch match? Did Maj go ok or not?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have we had any feedback from the scratch match? Did Maj go ok or not?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m sure I read on here that he went well but had blown up.
If he’s underdone and we play him forward with Brown *’s half backs will go nuts.

I don’t think we need him down back, especially with Stringer out.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Play guys that we want to develop - murphy, scott, bonar, walker, crocker

Id also like to see Daw, McKay and Comben at some point in in KP spots.

Looking forward to seeing LDU, EVW, Larkey and Turner back on the park.

I haven't given up on Ahern either.

Use the rest of the year to find out what the future looks like. This would only be a waste of a season if we try to win the premiership and lose sight of that future.

Last edited:
This may very well be a disappointing evening coming up for our club. Two teams. One on a massive high and the other in a world of hurt.
I just want to get the next 3 months over and done as our injury list hits crisis mode.
What a waste. Again.

Last edited:

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would like to see Murphy get a go in the backline again, but what hope has the poor bastard got, he can actually hit a target by foot, a skill we don't seem to value, team wide.
Rather have Keenan Reynolds in before Wood.
Wood is finished Durdin McKay both not up to it.
Time to give Hosie a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back