Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you. I think Maj back or if forward plonk him in the square and get Brown doing the km’s upfield. Maj might blow up but if he’s anchored he should have the energy to still provide defensive pressure. We need guys like Zurhaar prowling and there would be an argument for giving someone like Atley a role strictly as a defensive forward.

Don't forget how Maj plays when forward. He is best when the ball is coming in front of him and the ball user can direct the ball into an area. He may not have the best forward craft, but he does seem to react quickly to the ball's direction. Also, he is obviously good at the long ball coming in with plenty of air. I think closer to goal is more in line with his strength and fitness level. Having said that, in reality he has only missed 2 games of football, so he shouldn't be as far behind as a lot of people think.

Kemp did his knee quite a bit later than Perez. Perez did his knee at the start of the 2019 preseason training for Bendigo in late 2018.
One of my mates did his back when he tried to climb up some wall near the McDonalds when he crawled out of the City Family hotel in Bendigo in 1980. I advise to keep away from the place based on two completely independent events that caused injury.

One of my mates did his back when he tried to climb up some wall near the McDonalds when he crawled out of the City Family hotel in Bendigo in 1980. I advise to keep away from the place based on two completely independent events that caused injury.

As someone who spent some of my school years in Bendigo, I also recommend keeping away. :)

Feel like Ziebell will play, seems like he could have last week also but rhyce giving him a week more to get fully right

Marley Tarrant Daw
McDonald Walker Hayden
Dumont Simpkin Polec
Ziebell Xerri Taylor
Zurhaar Brown Thomas
Goldy Bonar Higgins
Atley Mahony Pittard Anderson

Out: Macmillan, Hall and cunners

we’ve got a lot of defenders now, named 8 last week

Feel like Ziebell will play, seems like he could have last week also but rhyce giving him a week more to get fully right

Marley Tarrant Daw
McDonald Walker Hayden
Dumont Simpkin Polec
Ziebell Xerri Taylor
Zurhaar Brown Thomas
Goldy Bonar Higgins
Atley Mahony Pittard Anderson

Out: Macmillan, Hall and cunners

we’ve got a lot of defenders now, named 8 last week

One week off for a hammy? Not sure I’ve seen that before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I want * to lose every week, I’d also love to see them finish top this year only for the season to be called off before finals start due to Coronavirus, leaving them with yet another year without a finals win. Then finish 9th in 2021.

id take it

If Maj is in does he go back and we throw Walker forward to try and straighten us up?

Would mean out: Xerri

I don’t see it happening as Walker has cemented his role as the second key defender but at a happier time he does have the ability to roll forward.
Maj in and played forward for mine. Agree with earlier post about keeping Hooker and Hurley busy. Using Wood wouldn't work as they would use a smaller HB to man him leaving Hurley free. This also prevents them sending Hooker forward which has caused problems in the past.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Cunners (inj), Xerri, Higgins (inj), Hall, Mahoney
In: Ahern, Maj, Bonar, Scott, Walker

Walker>Mahoney, Maj forward, Ahern and Bonar to play genuine midfield minutes.

Not going to hang any defenders on last weeks game with the ease the Dogs moved the ball forward.

LMac to tag Sheil.

Maj in and played forward for mine. Agree with earlier post about keeping Hooker and Hurley busy. Using Wood wouldn't work as they would use a smaller HB to man him leaving Hurley free. This also prevents them sending Hooker forward which has caused problems in the past.

Don't hate me but I wouldn't mind wood and daw in.... with brown and then cz tt and ct and then a resting mid rotating would give their def plenty of concerns.... note they do have that Ridley who is 195 or so too so they have three talls.... I know one poster who won't hate the suggestion....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It ought to be mentioned that our team went to jelly at the weekend. No Cunnington and Ziebell may well have been a factor. I think the “Elephant in the Room” thread needs a little more thought, given what transpired without Jack. Things are seldom as cut and dried as we’d like them to be.

Out: Cunners (inj), Xerri, Higgins (inj), Hall, Mahoney
In: Ahern, Maj, Bonar, Scott, Walker

Walker>Mahoney, Maj forward, Ahern and Bonar to play genuine midfield minutes.

Not going to hang any defenders on last weeks game with the ease the Dogs moved the ball forward.

LMac to tag Sheil.

Not sure I agree with this tagging particularly in the 666 model. Lmac did a great job last week in nullifying bont but they didn't really suffer.... instead jt was detrimental to our own structure as having lmac in the centre pushes out one of our reg midfielders and usually an offensive one... in this case it pushed higgo out.... we should have midfielders in there and win it before Shiel gets to it.... happy to get Hayden in there to do the job

Don't hate me but I wouldn't mind wood and daw in.... with brown and then cz tt and ct and then a resting mid rotating would give their def plenty of concerns.... note they do have that Ridley who is 195 or so too so they have three talls.... I know one poster who won't hate the suggestion....

Haha I’ve read this somewhere these last 2 weeks

but yes we really need three talls up front like last year, the smaller forward structure doesn’t suit us as we don’t pinpoint inside 50s we bomb long

Brown, Wood and Daw inside 50 would spread the 50 and give us a good chance in the air

And Larkey to come in for one of the 3 in 2 weeks time

Think I'd go with:

Out: Cunnington, Higgins and Thomas - not interested in risking any of these guys, especially Thomas with being so young and having concussion last week, so give them the time to get right. Same reason for not bringing Jack back in.

In: Bonar, Scott and Daw - Give Bonar more of a crack in the middle. Can't say I'm that much in favour of playing 3 tall forwards, but since we have shown a complete inability to not just bomb it into our forward line, bring in Maj to play forward and give us another marking option down there. He would also take more heat of Brown than Xerri alone will.

If Higgins plays then Hall to be an out.

Really like to get Will Walker in, but I think he probably needs a few more scratch matches yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back