Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree with this tagging particularly in the 666 model. Lmac did a great job last week in nullifying bont but they didn't really suffer.... instead jt was detrimental to our own structure as having lmac in the centre pushes out one of our reg midfielders and usually an offensive one... in this case it pushed higgo out.... we should have midfielders in there and win it before Shiel gets to it.... happy to get Hayden in there to do the job

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair point. If we are going with an inexperienced midfield though it may be beneficial to shut down there most attacking mid.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure I agree with this tagging particularly in the 666 model. Lmac did a great job last week in nullifying bont but they didn't really suffer.... instead jt was detrimental to our own structure as having lmac in the centre pushes out one of our reg midfielders and usually an offensive one... in this case it pushed higgo out.... we should have midfielders in there and win it before Shiel gets to it.... happy to get Hayden in there to do the job

The moment Luke stops having to tag someone and becomes an accountable mid, is the moment we have our new Jacobs, it’s baby steps. Setting up defensively at the contest.
the importance is him staying regularly in the midfield group to gell, as he is will stick to structures, strong as an ox, great tackler, and will always go..

The moment Luke stops having to tag someone and becomes an accountable mid, is the moment we have our new Jacobs, it’s baby steps. Setting up defensively at the contest.
the importance is him staying regularly in the midfield group to gell, as he is will stick to structures, strong as an ox, great tackler, and will always go..

Happy for him to tag a fwd ie a Greene or wingard but get him out of the middle in my eyes

Happy for him to tag a fwd ie a Greene or wingard but get him out of the middle in my eyes

The problem we have if we lose the stoppage, it gets out quiet quickly, we’re actually one of the worst stoppage teams in the comp and it comes down to having to many ball players in the centre..
if you keep going with the same strategy, you’ll keep getting the same result.
So having a defence first minded person, at every stoppage becomes a must, when youve got Cunnington or Higgins in there.

Last edited:
The problem we have if we lose the stoppage, it gets out quiet quickly, we’re actually one of the worst stoppage teams in the comp and it comes down to having to many ball players in the centre..
if you keep going with the same strategy, you’ll keep getting the same result.
So having a defence first minded person, at every stoppage becomes a must, when youve got Cunnington or Higgins in there.

Ok happy with that... defence minded person is different to a defender which is what we had when lmac was in there.... maybe a hayden is better then

Ok happy with that... defence minded person is different to a defender which is what we had when lmac was in there.... maybe a hayden is better then

Then we lose something that we’ve been craving down back for close to a decade and that’s a skilful dashing defender, which I believe Kyron can become. I’d trust Kyrons disposal over any of the current midsized/small defenders.

it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul removing Kyron from defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then we lose something that we’ve been craving down back for close to a decade and that’s a skilful dashing defender, which I believe Kyron can become. I’d trust Kyrons disposal over any of the current midsized/small defenders.

it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul removing Kyron from defence.

Yes we are and loving him back there.... Murphy to step up?

As much as I want * to lose every week, I’d also love to see them finish top this year only for the season to be called off before finals start due to Coronavirus, leaving them with yet another year without a finals win. Then finish 9th in 2021.
As long as there isn't some bullshit lottery thing with the draft as a result of the season being called off. Cos we're definitely getting ripped off if that happens

If we have both Murphy and Hayden running out of defence, by the end of the year, I’ll be a happy man.. Our ball use going forward would be so much cleaner.
I think we need to see more of their defensive skills before we go making that conclusion. I'm with you on the attacking side of things, but we need to remember that being a defender is a two way job. Haven't seen enough of either of their 1-on-1 skills to make a judgment. If one of them (or even both of them) show they're up to it defensively, then yeah, would love to see it.

Last edited:
If we have both Murphy and Hayden running out of defence, by the end of the year, I’ll be a happy man.. Our ball use going forward would be so much cleaner.

It'd be nice to give the opposition something to think about back there for a change. At the moment I can't imagine a lot of work going into nullifying any threats.

That’s why we have Lmac and marley locking down

it can allow attacking hbf Like Hayden to be more aggressive
I edited my comment slightly because it was coming across that I didn't think much of their defensive skills. Truth be told, I haven't seen enough to make a judgment, so it'd be great to see them both in the team so we can determine how good they are defensively.

Agree somewhat with you, in that Marley is our main lockdown defender. However, LMac I reckon is becoming a midfielder now, not a lockdown defender. His job on Bottomsmelly showed he was up to the task of tagging opposition guns. I reckon leave him in that role. He can become our new Jacobs.

Taking LMac out of defence means we need to find someone else to fill that hole. Someone with defensive nous as well as a reasonable disposal. Now, maybe Murphy is that player. He can definitely use the ball, we just need to see if he can defend his opponent effectively as well. If he shows that he can be a decent two way player, then yep, I say keep Kyron in the backline. The drive Kyron offers and his composed decision making are two thngs we've been sorely missing for years. I'm just wary of putting in two players at half-back who aren't up to it defensively. Because while the drive and attacking creativity are great assets to have, opposition forward lines will have a field day if both of our rebounding half-backs can't defend.

Last edited:
It'd be nice to give the opposition something to think about back there for a change. At the moment I can't imagine a lot of work going into nullifying any threats.
Sure they think real deep towards our game plan at the moment.. set up 80m down the line, pressure the ball carrier.
it’ll eventually his the hands of one of the older guys who’ll kick it long and down the line.
Get defender to put body on Brown, start setting up to move the ball forward again.

I edited my comment slightly because it was coming across that I didn't think much of their defensive skills. Truth be told, I haven't seen enough to make a judgment, so it'd be great to see them both in the team so we can determine how good they are defensively.

Agree somewhat with you, in that Marley is our main lockdown defender. However, LMac I reckon is becoming a midfielder now, not a lockdown defender. His job on Bottomsmelly showed he was up to the task of tagging opposition guns. I reckon leave him in that role. He can become our new Jacobs.

Taking LMac out of defence means we need to find someone else to fill that hole. Someone with defensive nous as well as a reasonable disposal. Now, maybe Murphy is that player. He can definitely use the ball, we just need to see if he can defend his opponent effectively as well. If he shows that he can be a decent two way player, then yep, I say keep Kyron in the backline. The drive Kyron offers and his composed decision making are two thngs we've been sorely missing for years. I'm just wary of putting in two players at half-back who aren't up to it defensively. Because while the drive and attacking creativity are great assets to have, opposition forward lines will have a field day if both of our rebounding half-backs can't defend.

Oh my comparing lmac to Jacobs!

I think if Atley and Pittard can become lock down defenders, we might be surprised and shock a few teams, as they can move the ball quickly if teams don’t pay any attention to them, it also means that we could free up some of the other guys skill sets.
I’m not to worried about Kyrons 1 on 1 work. He seems to get it.
Murphy is the one that I’m scared about, but as I said if he, and Hayden are both in the team at the end of the year, means they’ve proven reliable, than I’ll be a happy man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back