Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d leave Ronnie in he backline. He’s going ok there.

Reckon Luke will get his half brother.

I'm split with Ronnie he is going well back there but would also like to see what he can do in the middle while there is the opp with both LDU and cunners not playing.... and if it's ahern or Ronnie in the middle id prefer ahern simply cause Ronnie is better in the backline

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of you posters abusing Campbell need to pull your heads in. Some real heroes on here.

Maybe Campbell has been selected to give Goldy a chop out because we are playing 5 games in 21 days. Goldy is one player we cant afford to rest so you need too look at games over a block like the next 5 games in the hub and not a single game.

Campbell had earned a call up because he tries his guts out, an outstanding clubman and the opportunity has come up because of the unusual scheduling.

Now calm down and just enjoy the game, this year is f’ed anyway

Agree Campbell deserves his chance he has been dedicated to the club since he arrived... let's see if he grabs it as may only have the one week

Agree Campbell deserves his chance he has been dedicated to the club since he arrived... let's see if he grabs it as may only have the one week

To be fair we gave him a chance last year he didn’t take it
That should have been papers stamped for a 28 year old back up ruck

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Play Ahern midfield. I thought he was a little unlucky as he was ok vs Hawthorn.

Has Campbell beaten Philips convincingly in previous encounters at the lower level? Or has he come in solely as a key forward. He will offer more than Xerri in that area if so.

Surprised with Hall and Marley.

* seem score off the fast break up often. If Shaw can come up with a plan to counter that then we are a chance.

If someone could bury Smith early that would be great also.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of you posters abusing Campbell need to pull your heads in. Some real heroes on here.

1594299069245.jpeg

Though I would think the ladies who frequent this board would agree with this more than I

Not hard to work out the thinking around Campbell. We can't run with them, so we need lots of contests. Whether in the ruck or CHF, at least we know what we'll get and have some handy players forward who will at least appreciate that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good odds Campbell does more rucking than our second ruck usually would, considering how the format of the season is shaping up. Let Goldy take all the ruckwork in the forward half (while he's on the ground) and a few center bounces, will be a better outlet option up the wings and marking target up froward than Xerri has been, or Campbell would be. Makes sense to me tbh. After the fuss with getting to the hub it's a good week to let him have a less physically taxing game with the prospect of more frequent games looming.

EDIT: NFI why Marley is out and certain others *cough* Hall *cough* have survived. Hasn't set the world on fire since returning, but I haven't had him pegged as awful either. I know we have availability issues and the form of 2nd tier players is so hard to gauge because of no VFL, but I would have thought it would be just as easy to cover for Hall as we just have Marley, especially seeing as we've been having healthy blokes only playing 50% gametime regularly.

To be fair we gave him a chance last year he didn’t take it
That should have been papers stamped for a 28 year old back up ruck
The bloke all but admitted he was re-signed with the understanding he would be babying Xerri in the VFL, and he would be sacrificing his game and future prospects for getting the kid up to speed. Earned a lot of respect from me for being open, and seemingly satisfied, about that.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The solution is staring us in the face. It's the fearlessness of youth.Hayden's got it. Taylor certainly has and a young bloke called Scott has it in spades. They can all play too. Thankfully, there's a few more of the little blighters..They all stand out like a pregnant pole vaulter in this team. It's only a matter of time. I'm a patient man.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head. Maybe we are swinging Goldy forward.
To actually justify Campbells selection, Goldy must spend a lot more time forward, not sure that's gunna happen (nor should it have to).
My thoughts exactly.
So the footballer who leads the league in clearances and not just at club level is being moved forward and away from the middle where he has been most damaging.
What a North thing to do.

What a simply splendid thread this is. Negativity abounds.

Changes thread off the back of 3 straight losses is never going to be all rainbows and soothing back-rubs, H, but some folks around here could definitely do with reining it in a tad. Particularly the ones saying the season is shot already. We win the next couple and we're right back in it. In case people hadn't noticed, we're not the only ones struggling with consistency in this (most ****ed up) season. Hope springs eternal, you sad sacks.

But yeah, Changes threads can tend to highlight the disconnect between supporter expectation and assumption, and footy club reality. Both when it comes to the logic behind the team that's selected, and those who have been left out. Strange that you have to keep reminding some posters of this, but there's a metric shitload of stuff that goes on at a footy club in any given week that most of us just aren't privy to. I'm not saying that people shouldn't air their theories on selection - that's why we're all here - but using assumption as a premise to player bash or lose your s**t is pretty ****ing weird IMO.

Be useful if some posters tried a bit harder to understand the rationale behind selection, or failing that simply admit their confusion, rather than just defaulting straight to anger and using their own assumptions as a basis to automatically attribute incompetence to Shaw and co. Give the bloke a chance.

While I most definitely advocate a run of bad form being grounds for omission, I see our current issues to be a little more structural and systemic in nature. A case of the collective not functioning properly, rather than some below-par individuals bringing the whole thing undone. (Insert US police force joke here.) Not sure whether that's on the money, but it certainly helps in not getting too overwrought about the current selections being made.

Either way, it's Friday now so shirley it's time to put the 'woe is us' hand-wringing to one side and chuck the game faces on. Time to turn our disgust outward rather than inward. Time to find unity in our mutual, DNA-hardwired hatred for *. Time to pray to the Shinboner Gods that we beat these scumbags.

Dream scenario would be an easy win, with either Atley, Hall, or JMac best on ground. You won't be able to move around here for bumped posts.

Changes thread off the back of 3 straight losses is never going to be all rainbows and soothing back-rubs, H, but some folks around here could definitely do with reining it in a tad. Particularly the ones saying the season is shot already. We win the next couple and we're right back in it. In case people hadn't noticed, we're not the only ones struggling with consistency in this (most ****ed up) season. Hope springs eternal, you sad sacks.

But yeah, Changes threads can tend to highlight the disconnect between supporter expectation and assumption, and footy club reality. Both when it comes to the logic behind the team that's selected, and those who have been left out. Strange that you have to keep reminding some posters of this, but there's a metric shitload of stuff that goes on at a footy club in any given week that most of us just aren't privy to. I'm not saying that people shouldn't air their theories on selection - that's why we're all here - but using assumption as a premise to player bash or lose your sh*t is pretty ****ing weird IMO.

Be useful if some posters tried a bit harder to understand the rationale behind selection, or failing that simply admit their confusion, rather than just defaulting straight to anger and using their own assumptions as a basis to automatically attribute incompetence to Shaw and co. Give the bloke a chance.

While I most definitely advocate a run of bad form being grounds for omission, I see our current issues to be a little more structural and systemic in nature. A case of the collective not functioning properly, rather than some below-par individuals bringing the whole thing undone. (Insert US police force joke here.) Not sure whether that's on the money, but it certainly helps in not getting too overwrought about the current selections being made.

Either way, it's Friday now so shirley it's time to put the 'woe is us' hand-wringing to one side and chuck the game faces on. Time to turn our disgust outward rather than inward. Time to find unity in our mutual, DNA-hardwired hatred for *. Time to pray to the Shinboner Gods that we beat these scumbags.

Dream scenario would be an easy win, with either Atley, Hall, or JMac best on ground. You won't be able to move around here for bumped posts.

What would really be great would be if Tom Campbell could pull off a “reverse Kerridge” for the ages!

Tiberius

Generational Talent
Sep 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

But yeah, Changes threads can tend to highlight the disconnect between supporter expectation and assumption, and footy club reality. Both when it comes to the logic behind the team that's selected, and those who have been left out. Strange that you have to keep reminding some posters of this, but there's a metric shitload of stuff that goes on at a footy club in any given week that most of us just aren't privy to. I'm not saying that people shouldn't air their theories on selection - that's why we're all here - but using assumption as a premise to player bash or lose your sh*t is pretty ****ing weird IMO.

Take your leftist, anarcho-fascist, marxist pc logic and reasoning and keep it to yourself and your stalinist soviet circle. If you can't see what us real Aussies can, which is that Dan Andrews has deliberately screwed our season by getting his union mates to influence selection then you hate facts and should go back to your little love ins with Waleed and Clementine Ford and Greta and the other Bolsheviks...

Oh, hang on, sorry I got mixed up and thought I was on the Herald Sun site for a second there. My bad.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not saying this is happening but if there was a plan to late change a small / medium for a tall due to the weather then you want the Durdins and McKays of the world to still play in the scratch match where it doesn't matter so much for a more experienced bloke like Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back