Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the footballer who leads the league in clearances and not just at club level is being moved forward and away from the middle where he has been most damaging.
What a North thing to do.

Maybe only for a week as ess aren't exactly strong in the ruck area so we can still beat with a lesser ruck and then gain with goldy forward... could work and then larkey back next week hopefully anyway...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The old North Team blind kick it anywhere and hope someone marks it Game Plan
It'd work ok if we had a fwd line of Carey & McKernan with Allison and Abraham buzzing around. Not so much with the current set up.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm glad Ahern is back in, however I hope they've stopped this dropped after 1 game business. Bringing him in for 1 game, only to be played out of position and then dropped the next week... It's really hard for him to get any continuity through that.

Yes if he is played in the centre this week

going to be a good game i reckon.

Your complete lack of a midfield vs Our complete lack of a forward line.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You don't rate Goldy, Higgins, and Simpkin? Dumont and Polec on the wings go ok as awell. We have problems, massive problems is some areas but the midfield match up isn't our biggest concern.

You don't rate Goldy, Higgins, and Simpkin? Dumont and Polec on the wings go ok as awell. We have problems, massive problems is some areas but the midfield match up isn't our biggest concern.

Isn't Higgins either injured or playing forward for you blokes? If he's fit an healthy then disregard me. Gun player.

Cunnington huge out IMO

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Isn't Higgins either injured or playing forward for you blokes? If he's fit an healthy then disregard me. Gun player.

Cunnington huge out IMO

Higgins only played forward last week as we had McDonald in the centre tagging bont.... hopefully he is back in defence this week only higgo to go back in...

Cunners out is far better than him being in at the moment... he was in last week which meant we were basically playing with 21 and a half men

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Nah. You've got us covered. Fantasia and Tipungwuti are gonna be huge headaches for us down back, especially without our best small defender. Watch McKernan turn into prime Gary Ablett snr as well (see Kerridge thread). I think it's more our complete lack of pace vs. your fast blokes. Saad, McKenna, Shiel, Fantasia & Tipungwuti are all going to ******* kill us. We have no one that can match them for pace. If you get the ball on the outside consistently, the game is done.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the footballer who leads the league in clearances and not just at club level is being moved forward and away from the middle where he has been most damaging.
What a North thing to do.
I think the idea is essentially to give Goldy a bigger rest. If they do follow through with squeezing extra games into the next few weeks Goldy needs to have more down time during games.

Changes thread off the back of 3 straight losses is never going to be all rainbows and soothing back-rubs, H, but some folks around here could definitely do with reining it in a tad. Particularly the ones saying the season is shot already. We win the next couple and we're right back in it. In case people hadn't noticed, we're not the only ones struggling with consistency in this (most ****ed up) season. Hope springs eternal, you sad sacks.

But yeah, Changes threads can tend to highlight the disconnect between supporter expectation and assumption, and footy club reality. Both when it comes to the logic behind the team that's selected, and those who have been left out. Strange that you have to keep reminding some posters of this, but there's a metric shitload of stuff that goes on at a footy club in any given week that most of us just aren't privy to. I'm not saying that people shouldn't air their theories on selection - that's why we're all here - but using assumption as a premise to player bash or lose your sh*t is pretty ****ing weird IMO.

Be useful if some posters tried a bit harder to understand the rationale behind selection, or failing that simply admit their confusion, rather than just defaulting straight to anger and using their own assumptions as a basis to automatically attribute incompetence to Shaw and co. Give the bloke a chance.

While I most definitely advocate a run of bad form being grounds for omission, I see our current issues to be a little more structural and systemic in nature. A case of the collective not functioning properly, rather than some below-par individuals bringing the whole thing undone. (Insert US police force joke here.) Not sure whether that's on the money, but it certainly helps in not getting too overwrought about the current selections being made.

Either way, it's Friday now so shirley it's time to put the 'woe is us' hand-wringing to one side and chuck the game faces on. Time to turn our disgust outward rather than inward. Time to find unity in our mutual, DNA-hardwired hatred for *. Time to pray to the Shinboner Gods that we beat these scumbags.

Dream scenario would be an easy win, with either Atley, Hall, or JMac best on ground. You won't be able to move around here for bumped posts.

TOD in Poster of the Year form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgins only played forward last week as we had McDonald in the centre tagging bont.... hopefully he is back in defence this week only higgo to go back in...

Cunners out is far better than him being in at the moment... he was in last week which meant we were basically playing with 21 and a half men

Not quite. Higgo was carrying a knee niggle last week. Hope he's back up to full fitness this week. If he's not and I see him labouring, I'm gonna be pissed off. Do not want a Cunners repeat

Last edited:

BTRAIN2

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A lot of negativity on this board currently and understandable coming of a few poor weeks but let's not get carried away and rate * too highly. They are prone to a stinker and if we can go close to breaking even in the middle we can win. I don't think we play Marvel well and I think this change up will be good for us and for Shaw to unite the players and sell the current situation and opportunity it poses. It's such a random year anything could happen, and this game is definitely winnable.

If we can't win just hope Hooker gets injured, tosser.

Kick to kick in the Clarke house must’ve been a nightmare.

It wasn't kick to kick

It was just kick, wait 30 minutes for the left-sided neighbour to give the footy back, kick, wait 20 minutes for the right-sided neighbour to give the footy back, rinse and repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back