Preview Changes and prematch discussion vs *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the cupboard bare?

McKay
Durdin
Hosie

All in their 20s, all sitting on the list, all fully paid and all completely untested.

The backline seems okay to me, so that puts McKay and Durdin away, who at AFL level have been pretty sub-par, they've been tested. Durdin even moreso and I still don't think he's good enough for being a best 22 backline stalwart, he's not about to replace Josh Walker or Taz. Maybe McMillan?

And Hosie seems to be forgotten to even exist, or is just out-right hated by the club for whatever he's pulling.

We can talk about having depth, but what about the quality of depth? It's not even that good. The list is in some bad shape, aside from the spine and young draftees of recent years we're in some serious trouble at the selection table.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head. Maybe we are swinging Goldy forward.
We’ve lost Cunners and now we’re going to move our best clearance player into the forward line? FMD, if we do that I’ll be starting the See Ya Shaw thread but the end of the first quarter.

Would have liked to see Murphy in. Williams out is a very poor kick out of the back line. Play Ahern in the guts all game/till he’s gassed. Swap Goldy and Campbell forward. As others have said, the cupboard is pretty bare. Hall should have gone after last week though.

Kids in the side:
TT
Scott
Taylor
Hayden
Zurharr
Ahern (still classified as a kid??)
Mahony

1/3 of the side. And LMac named on ball again (might not mean anything, still). Shaw is having a rough patch but he ain’t Brad Scott.

I'm a wait and see, I get the Campbell option, he'll give BB and Goldy a chop out. I reckon if Ahern doesn't perform like a champ tonight off to the trade table he's had his chances and I don't buy the out of position crap, it's his lack of effort that's a killer. Scott should have a run at it, I hope he's on more than 50% game time and Hall gets to sit watch him perform.
I would be the first to throw a party when WW comes back, but if there playing safe so be it. I trust the coach is sticking with his philosophy of picking on performance on the training track, so to those that missed out, work s lot harder.

Forgiveme pease I had a cookie 45 minutes ago, cause I thought it would be a good idea to give alcohol a rest. Wewll I'm sooooo f’ed it is not funny.

Actually it is. Luckily I bought a cooked chook for dinner and yeah while the pacaging was tricky I managed to get the f***er open. Steam some veggies and bam ******* dinner. Oh no additional carbs though, is how you manage to keep a svelte figure-just saying, fu** off potatoes for more greens. Although i relasie that greens are like Jamie Macmillan and most of you f***ers don't like 'em, but the're both good for patience and strength of mind.

As an asie I sent Ms Lisa home with some of these "cookies" cause her daughetr wants to try one- Dear Lord , i texted her saying- no ******* way, is too much. Imagine if the Lord Of War found out ? fu** as if I'm not already in enough trouble with him.

So anyway I got sidetracked , bit am back on course . Not sure whether a collective cookie woukd assit ya'll?

It like we'rre oper singers and Pavarotti goes down with ahammy and you campaigners think Angery Anderson should get a game now that Luciano is now all f’ed ?

The cupboard is ******* bare, and we all know why and iy will take abit for the cupboard to not be bare. Garner, Daw, Jacobs, EVW, Blight & Alves are all unvailable .

I mean having Blight and Alves on the list is know differnt to Garner and Jacobs of course.
I think I understand what you are TAO 😂😂
anyway, if the cupboard is so bare, why the faaaaaaark did we keep all these clowns on for another year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect this might be pretty close to the truth. With all the talk of 5 day breaks and playing 3 games in 2 weeks it would be unlikely Goldy could ruck 100% every game. Expect to see Campbell in the ruck for a fair bit of time.

I’d like to see Goldy getting on his bike more. The biggest (only) knock on him has been his apparent inability to share the ruck duties. If Campbell does a decent amount of the ruck work, it would allow Goldy to roam the ground and do some real damage. As for Marley, I think our general “love” for him caused us to overlook the fact that, since his return, he has been absolutely anonymous. I can remember JMac taking the odd mark, Atley going for an occasional run. However, I can’t remember a single thing that Marley has done.Admittedly, it’s only been two games, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think Larkey's ready to come back yet, so that would explain that decision. But the fact that Campbell was included over Wood is an absolute pisstake.

Wood is taking the piss with his lack of effort during practically his whole career
He’s either been not interested or a soft fuvk. The guy has that much talent and his pissing his career away

We’ve lost Cunners and now we’re going to move our best clearance player into the forward line? FMD, if we do that I’ll be starting the See Ya Shaw thread but the end of the first quarter.

If that happens goldy will probably say , he’s got to be with his family. Playing nearly the best footy of

We are carrying on he should play, he should play, he should play, but in reality we are talking about blokes who really do zilch at the next level down, they aren't going to cut it in the AFL, the reality is we just haven't got the cattle.

It was staring us right in the face. Goldy to take Cunners spot and Campbell to play ruck.

Wood is taking the piss with his lack of effort during practically his whole career
He’s either been not interested or a soft fuvk. The guy has that much talent and his pissing his career away

If that happens goldy will probably say , he’s got to be with his family. Playing nearly the best footy of
Oh I know, he's just about my most hated player on the list because of his piss weak efforts. But Tom ******* Campbell over him? Really? I get reward for effort on the training track and all that, but Shaw better have a plan in mind with Campbell. Wood can at least have an impact on the scoreboard.

I think I understand what you are TAO 😂😂
anyway, if the cupboard is so bare, why the faaaaaaark did we keep all these clowns on for another year?

Am glad one of knows what I'm talkin bout snake .

Contracted players snake. So they stay, we try and trade Wood but no one wnated him.

Campbell provides structure. We are crying out for a big bloke to crash a pack in our forward line. He will hold the forward line until Maj and then Larkey are ready. There is a lot of youth playing in this team they need some big bodies to play with. I like the Campbell inclusion. He also offers another target for the kick out.

Jmac has to be on his last legs. Marley must have done something to piss off Shaw.

I reckon that Lmac will go back this week, so it will be Hayden Lmac Pittard and Atley playing on their smalls.

Ahern replaces Cunnington in the middle. Bailey helps out on the wing. Does this mean That Polec/Dumont play more in the guts? I hope so.

Last edited:
We are carrying on he should play, he should play, he should play, but in reality we are talking about blokes who really do zilch at the next level down, they aren't going to cut it in the AFL, the reality is we just haven't got the cattle.

This is exactly what I'm saying.

The list is in a bad way in terms of balance and distribution of skill, we have some pretty amazing high calibre players but there's aloooot of others that don't even make the grade at AFL level.

That right there is a major problem, it's certainly not going to win you a flag, let alone make finals, and even more so; you're not putting a best 22 on the park that can beat even the most inconsistent/poor teams.

Lately we've had to have a very specific balance of players on the park to even have a sniff, the moment even just one of them gets injured, we are ****ed, look at what happens when Higgins falls, or Cunnington, or Tarrant, or when Brown is the lone forward. Whole thing falls apart, it resembles a paper tiger list the moment we hit a run of injuries because the 'depth' isn't cutting the mustard.

I'm a wait and see, I get the Campbell option, he'll give BB and Goldy a chop out. I reckon if Ahern doesn't perform like a champ tonight off to the trade table he's had his chances and I don't buy the out of position crap, it's his lack of effort that's a killer. Scott should have a run at it, I hope he's on more than 50% game time and Hall gets to sit watch him perform.
I would be the first to throw a party when WW comes back, but if there playing safe so be it. I trust the coach is sticking with his philosophy of picking on performance on the training track, so to those that missed out, work s lot harder.

Yes some interesting calls although got two out of three right.... daw mustn't be quite there yet and don't need him in defence as they are relatively small up fwd. ahern is clearly a fav but has to play in cunners spot give him a chance if not would have preferred Bonar.... Scott was always coming in let's hope he can get abit more involved. Guessing needed height so with no daw and wood must be pretty far back now and not really sure the hosie issue but Campbell is always committed... be interesting if he does ruck or if he is fwd. still think one defender too many and interesting out of the small def it's Williams to go first.... clearly not his favourite! Guess all players will need to before as next week there could be a fair few 22 knocking .... larkey daw walker cunners then maybe also LDU but he maybe another week yet and turner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wait until the dew hits (like it always does for night games in QLD) and this turns into a wet weather slog.

Everyone over 6"5 on the ground will have about 10 touches between them.

Strange that Maj didn't come in, really strange. Wondering if he pulled up sore or something.
Maybe coz he is over 6"5... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back