Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a s**t. What happens in September is what’s important. The rest is theatre.
Agree, there is still time to sack Ken before that so we had better get it done.

Chris Scott in a second.

And I'm going to respectfully disagree, 11 years and no grand final does not make you an B tier senior coach in my book.
A B tier development coach perhaps.

I'm loyal to our midfield coach, as he has got results this year.

Having said all that, I enjoy your posts.
I agree about Scott, I think both bros do a lot. Chris Scott repeatedly presents with not the best list and a lot of recycled material that wasn't A grade at their old clubs.

Look what can I say, Pies love a grumpy media hating coach. McRae is something new for us, he seems...nice.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Sure, but...I think I'm from the one club where that's backed up by the ladder. Ask me when Bucks left and I'd say sure, we'd take Hinkley (we had no idea how good McRae might be) and be happy about it.

Port has a decent culture and he fits that (you're not a pure business club like Hawthorn or Carlton or a fake franchise like Sydney), Hinkley's not going gut your club like a Ross Lyon by ruining the culture or making youngsters play non-football. I'd take McRae for us over Clarkson for that reason, Clarko (ignoring the allegations) is a known bully.

I'd rate Hinckley in the B tier with McRae and Fagan (no flags yet but quality coaches) below A tier C Scott, Clarkson and Hardwick (all multiple flags) and above Longmire (cheat flag) Goodwin (amazing list) Bevo and Simpson (good but lucky too).

Who would you swap with? I think either Scott brother would suit youse, stubborn SOBs with some brains and some system, not match day geniuses but very solid development skills and build loyalty.

Given neither is on offer, maybe back your coach in? I see Port as a loyal club like us, stupidly loyal, so loyal sometimes you hang on to coaches and players way too long. It pays off sometimes. Choco got a flag after being told he never would. Don't try to be some other club, you are Port, and even Victorians know what that means.
That's an unusually balanced viewpoint for a Collingwood supporter however I don't expect any opposition to rate Hinkley because there is no reason to rate him. Continued failure that's all.

The issue with continuing with Hinkley is that he is a known quantity we know what we are going to get. After 11 years he's not holding back something that is going to give us an edge. We know his limited strengths and we know his calamitous weaknesses. And while you are generally right about the loyalty of the club you have to realise that the clubs greatest son received only half the tenure in the SANFL that Hinkley has got in the AFL to get a premiership before being replaced.

You can say what you want about our SANFL record and history and whether it relates to the AFL in any way at all but I will say this one thing. As supporters as a whole we are pretty savvy at smoking out bullshit and finding a loser. And I will give you a 100% guarantee that Hinkley will never be a premiership coach. It could be possible that if you gave him a team that was so superior to the other teams, his deficiencies as a coach are negated by sheer skill of the team. But in an era of drafts that is not possible.

In my opinion the 2 worst coaches in the league are Hinkley and Fagan, both can do nothing with excellent lists. I ask this question Do you rate Grant Thomas as a coach? I think he is an extreme example of Hinkley as a coach. These are guys who have extreme opinions and not much else.

We could get any assistant coach from any club and he'd do as good a job as Hinkley.

The players didn't look hungry against Carlton because they believe they have saved Hinkley's job, mission accomplished.
I can't believe that Ken has taken the spirit of winning away from the players. If I thought that I just couldn't watch the game and offer any support at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to me that Kenny is having a bit of fun and calling out a bit of Collingwood arrogance as a bit of a challenge to our players. I think it’s excellent stuff.

It should please you Kenny haters too because this is not the behaviour of someone fighting for his job. I’m getting vibes of someone who is enjoying having one last crack, knowing next year he will be somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back