Preview Changes and Preview v West Coast - PRELIM EDITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah man, haven't you heard? Razor married Dean Cox and was best man at the Christmas party. He's in our pockets.

Just ask Freo.
A love triangle where Razor Ray is at the centre of all the drama?

...He'd hate that.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
MAX GAWN insisted he would train on Wednesday, and it turns out the All Australian ruckman is a man of his word.

After missing Monday's session to monitor his training loads, Gawn joined teammates out on Gosch's Paddock for the club's main session.

Both Neville Jetta and Alex Neal-Bullen, who also missed Monday's session, trained fully and look certain to face the Eagles in Saturday's preliminary final in Perth.

During the warm-up component of training, Gawn took the main ruck taps and worked with midfielders Angus Brayshaw, Jack Viney, Clayton Oliver and Bernie Vince, who is pushing for a recall.

The big man then joined in the club's match simulation and moved well, showing no signs of any injury.

Although the Demons are not expected to change a winning line-up, Vince and defender Joel Smith are considered to be possible inclusions.

Oscar McDonald got some work done on his lower back and youngster Charlie Spargo got his finger assessed and taped, but both returned to training without further concern.

McDonald rejoined training and seemingly moved well, but it was then decided by the club's fitness he should leave the session to avoid any further discomfort.

It seemed a precaution as much as anything, but one to keep an eye on later in the week.

Up to 1000 fans lined the boundary to watch the players train, with merchandise tents, face painting booths, food trucks and a sausage sizzle all taking place for the supporters attending.

I feel like Tyson could be on thin ice for either Joel Smith or Bernie.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Honestly think smith for Tyson would give us much better balance as we move fritsch to the wing and smith to defence.

I kinda agree with this. Smith has the height and athleticism to play a third tall role. I think OMac and Frost can do a job on the two main targets, but then we have to worry about Vardy and Lycett moving up forward too.

At the end of the day, our midfield needs to win this from a defensive point of view.

Franky_024

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
We need to play that 100% attacking brand of footy, short kicks through the middle and not let any of the eagles defenders get positioned, Essendon absolutely carved through their press playing this way. If we can get the Eagles in a shootout we can outscore them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting ahead of myself but if Tyson is again quiet and Bernie is again very good in the VFL, I'd make the switch for the big dance and have Bernie in the midfield rotation. Imagine the aggression he plays with in his last ever game. I'd put him straight to Cotchin/ Pendlebury and make their day hell Dangerfield style

Please no change. We want 22 guys that play tough, intelligent footy. Bringing in Smith could root our defensive structure with guys covering eachother.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Getting ahead of myself but if Tyson is again quiet and Bernie is again very good in the VFL, I'd make the switch for the big dance and have Bernie in the midfield rotation. Imagine the aggression he plays with in his last ever game. I'd put him straight to Cotchin/ Pendlebury and make their day hell Dangerfield style
I’m not as certain as you are - but I did just remember he can get reported as many times as he likes :thumbsu:

Please no change. We want 22 guys that play tough, intelligent footy. Bringing in Smith could root our defensive structure with guys covering eachother.
I'd agree with you, but the amount of Talls West Coast have are concerning. i back Goody either way, but it's worth a mention

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Honestly Fritsch wasn't that composed last week either.

He wasn’t but I trust him more than smith. I think smith will be a player for us, but a massive ask to come in to a prelim final against WCE at home.

I'd agree with you, but the amount of Talls West Coast have are concerning. i back Goody either way, but it's worth a mention
I wouldn’t compromise the midfield to cover the WCE forwards though. We win contested ball we win the game IMO

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Get Spargo to bite their ankles.

I wouldn’t compromise the midfield to cover the WCE forwards though. We win contested ball we win the game IMO
Midfield is definitely still key, but if we don't capitalise Kennedy and Darling can hurt us. We often don't rule the airways, Contested marking can often be an issue for us against quality forwards

Gunston, Schoenmakers and Roughead had 13 scoring shots between them and we still won.

Unchanged lineup please.

If they want a shoot out we will give them a shoot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back